Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Arizona Fall League

Re: 2021 Arizona Fall League

Something has apparently clicked for Siani. He's 2-2 today with a couple BB and three runs scored. He also stole his 7th and 8th bases on the young season. That currently leads the league, fwiw. (It also includes to steals of home, which is all kinds of cool.) His recent tear puts Siani over .320 in the AFL. His 8 BBs are in the top 10 in the league as well. His OBP is currently in the top 20 of the league as well.

RP Jacques Pucheu has also thrown two innings of goose eggs. One BB, 2 K. His ERA is as low as it possible could be in less than 10 IP.

Small samples abound, but good news.

2. Likes:

DocRed (10-26-2021),Edd Roush (10-27-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Something has apparently clicked for Siani. He's 2-2 today with a couple BB and three runs scored. He also stole his 7th and 8th bases on the young season. That currently leads the league, fwiw. (It also includes to steals of home, which is all kinds of cool.) His recent tear puts Siani over .320 in the AFL. His 8 BBs are in the top 10 in the league as well. His OBP is currently in the top 20 of the league as well.

RP Jacques Pucheu has also thrown two innings of goose eggs. One BB, 2 K. His ERA is as low as it possible could be in less than 10 IP.

Small samples abound, but good news.
    Let's hope so. I thought it was nuts that some were already writing him off at 22

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Let's hope so. I thought it was nuts that some were already writing him off at 22
    Siani finished the day 4 - 4 and hit his first HR of the fall season.

His recent hot streak has bumped his BA to .367 (13th in the league), with a .500 OBP (tied for 8th), and a 1.067 OPS (16th). He ranks 6th in BBs with 8 and 1st in stolen bases (also with 8).

6. Likes:

DocRed (10-27-2021),Edd Roush (10-27-2021)

Just as an aside, I'm hoping that RTG will call all Red prospects busts. He did so with India, and he's a ROY candidate. Now, Siani.

Any other guys you think won't amount to anything, RTG?

8. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-29-2021),RedTeamGo! (10-29-2021),Sea Ray (11-05-2021)

Just as an aside, I'm hoping that RTG will call all Red prospects busts. He did so with India, and he's a ROY candidate. Now, Siani.

Any other guys you think won't amount to anything, RTG?
    I don’t recall saying India was a bust, specifically. You’ll have to link that. I may have. For awhile I was one of the few defending him during the 2019 season. Against the likes of Tom Servo. I definitely questioned his bat, not sure if I said the word “bust” though.

Regardless, yeah, Siani is a bust. Will be shocked if he makes it to the majors. A week of hitting in the AFL has not changed that take, no.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

My hope is a strong AFL showing will allow the Reds to include Siani in a deal for something needed on the big league team. Maybe a Vlad, Siani package for something needed.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-29-2021),Tom Servo (10-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    My hope is a strong AFL showing will allow the Reds to include Siani in a deal for something needed on the big league team. Maybe a Vlad, Siani package for something needed.
    That's my hope as well.

(Ivan Johnson too, fwiw.)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t recall saying India was a bust, specifically.
    Really? There are multiple examples of you calling him a bust. Look at the discussion we had about players at the alternative site last season (and the comments from Red brass) as one example.

Really? There are multiple examples of you calling him a bust. Look at the discussion we had about players at the alternative site last season (and the comments from Red brass) as one example.
    I looked up his prospect thread. I said he’s in danger of being just a guy after 2019.

I looked up his prospect thread. I said he’s in danger of being just a guy after 2019.
    I picked one at random (Fangraphs Top Prospects thread). In talking about India, you said:

...he’s looking like a one year wonder at UF.
    That'd be the very definition of bust.

I’m not going the rounds on this one with you. In no way is they saying someone is a bust. At that point he was looking like that. Whatever.

I’m not going the rounds on this one with you. In no way is they saying someone is a bust. At that point he was looking like that. Whatever.
    Bust and one year wonder don't mean the same thing.

Okay, sure.

19. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-05-2021)

Ok

Thank you got setting me straight, Mr. Officer. Yessir Mr Officer.

Like who cares I questioned India. This is a reds baseball message board where we talk about reds baseball and reds baseball players. I made a comment about a player where I said he might be looking like a one year wonder. Whoopdy do, sorry to make a comment. Good grief.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 10-29-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Ok

Thank you got setting me straight, Mr. Officer. Yessir Mr Officer.

Like who cares I questioned India. This is a reds baseball message board where we talk about reds baseball and reds baseball players. I made a comment about a player where I said he might be looking like a one year wonder. Whoopdy do, sorry to make a comment. Good grief.
    Right. Surprised you're angry about it. We all get stuff wrong, but you do have a tendency to proclaim Red prospects as busts or one-hit wonders or whatever with scant information.

Turn Off Ads?