Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10-8-21 ALDS Game 2 White Sox @ Astros 2:07PM EDT

Re: 10-8-21 ALDS Game 2 White Sox @ Astros 2:07PM EDT

Did others see the Grandal non-interference play in game 3? He was clearly out of the baseline running to first and the rule should be changed. (And I'm rooting for the White Sox.)

2. Likes:

757690 (10-12-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Nice to hear Costas. I always liked his cadence and insight.

I don’t know how he does it. He’s the same age as me but looks 20 years younger.
    Lots and lots of plastic surgery.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Indymoon View Post
    Did others see the Grandal non-interference play in game 3? He was clearly out of the baseline running to first and the rule should be changed. (And I'm rooting for the White Sox.)
    It’s a rather easy fix. The current rule only covers the runner staying in the lane on throws to first. Just add that it covers throws to home as well.

This is the second possible rule change that these playoffs will trigger.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

6. Likes:

elrojo (10-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It’s a rather easy fix. The current rule only covers the runner staying in the lane on throws to first. Just add that it covers throws to home as well.

This is the second possible rule change that these playoffs will trigger.
    Yes, this would be an easy change. I hope it happens.

How would the ground rule double rule - from the Rays/Red Sox game - be changed? Would it become umpire discretion? Or runner(s) awarded next base plus one?

Quote Originally Posted by Indymoon View Post
    Yes, this would be an easy change. I hope it happens.

How would the ground rule double rule - from the Rays/Red Sox game - be changed? Would it become umpire discretion? Or runner(s) awarded next base plus one?
    No clue on that one. I would ask Chris Welsh
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

If a ball in play off the bat contacts a defensive player and goes out of play, all runners score, including the hitter.

On the possible obstruction play on the throw home with the runner purposely running way out in fair territory, I ask about these other situations: On a runner trying to tag up and go to 3rd on a fly ball and he veers into the path of the throw with intention for the throw to it him or obstruct the 3rd baseman's vision. On a runner trying to advance from 1B to 2B on a grounder to 1st and he tries to veer into the path of the throw for the same reasons. On a probable 4-6-3 DP play where the runner is coming in to 2nd, but he is not yet near the point he would normally slide and tries to get in the way of the throw and the throw glances off his shoulder and does not make it to 1B. The rule on all 4 of those plays needs to be consistent.

If a batted ball goes out of the field of play in fair territory, why isn't it a home run? If an outfielder leaps for the ball, hits his glove and
    goes out of the park, that is indeed a home run. Explain the difference, please.

Quote Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
    If a batted ball goes out of the field of play in fair territory, why isn't it a home run? If an outfielder leaps for the ball, hits his glove and
    goes out of the park, that is indeed a home run. Explain the difference, please.
    That would also include fair balls that go off a defensive fielder into foul territory and into the fan protection net, such as a line drive off the pitchers forehead and into the net above the on deck circle, or a fair ball down the line that goes off the RF glove and into the net down the RF line.

Turn Off Ads?