Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2021: Is this a dream?

UK Football 2021: Is this a dream?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tucky-football

One of the best articles I’ve read about how Stoops has rebuilt UK.

On a similar note, kinda wish we had made a thread long before the Georgia game.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-14-2021),goreds2 (10-15-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UK Football 2021: Is this a dream?

Hard to believe this is UK football. Of course not many of us were around in 1950 the last time they were 6-0. I think they will give UGA a run for their money. But with two defensive lineman out and other assorted injuries its going be really tough pull out a win. But you never know. I have seen stranger things happen. I think UGA will win a low scoring 17-7 game. Hopefully no more serious injuries. Then have a week off and comeback for the home stretch. I just hope they don't have a letdown against Miss State and blow that one. That will tear up a good season and put them a rung down on the bowl season.

ESPN's Game Day bunch will be at this game and it is the CBS national game this week. So I really hope for a good showing for any future recruits that may be watching.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I think they get blown out, but I wouldn't even be mad at that. Georgia is, in my mind, clearly the best team in the country.

And this might really be the only loss on the season. I really can't see them losing another game. Mississippi State is good at home, but Kentucky's defense is tough and doesn't usually have issues with the Air Raid style. The only issue is that it's in Starkville. Tennessee will almost assuredly be interesting, but Kentucky has better athletes that are, by and large, stronger and better coached. (When was the last time that proved true?) Kentucky's at home, so they should be favored. (I'd love to see an absolute blowout.) Vandy is still Vandy. New Mexico State is a breeze. And Louisville's proven that they're just good enough to lose the majority of their games to some really questionable teams. They've yet to face a squad as good as Kentucky too.

If you'd asked me at the beginning of the season if I'd take 11 wins, I'd have jumped all over that. It hasn't happened since... when? 1951? Even then?

So yeah, this week's game is just playing with house money.

After that, though, I want to see a real bowl game-- Peach or better.

What a magical season!

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I think they get blown out, but I wouldn't even be mad at that. Georgia is, in my mind, clearly the best team in the country.

And this might really be the only loss on the season. I really can't see them losing another game. Mississippi State is good at home, but Kentucky's defense is tough and doesn't usually have issues with the Air Raid style. The only issue is that it's in Starkville. Tennessee will almost assuredly be interesting, but Kentucky has better athletes that are, by and large, stronger and better coached. (When was the last time that proved true?) Kentucky's at home, so they should be favored. (I'd love to see an absolute blowout.) Vandy is still Vandy. New Mexico State is a breeze. And Louisville's proven that they're just good enough to lose the majority of their games to some really questionable teams. They've yet to face a squad as good as Kentucky too.

If you'd asked me at the beginning of the season if I'd take 11 wins, I'd have jumped all over that. It hasn't happened since... when? 1951? Even then?

So yeah, this week's game is just playing with house money.

After that, though, I want to see a real bowl game-- Peach or better.

What a magical season!
    If they get a CFP bowl game it will be the Sugar Bowl most likely. Peach is At Large vs At Large.

They’ll need some help namely the SEC getting two teams in the playoff. If Bama runs the table and beats Georgia in the SEC championship it’s very possible.

That would likely lead to Kentucky playing Oklahoma State or Texas.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UGA 27
    Kentucky 10

It’s 20-10 and UGA gets a late TD to pad the margin

Just don’t get embarrassed

7-0 Georgia so far.

Georgia’s defense is on a completely different level. Kentucky had self inflicted wounds on Georgia’s scoring drive. Georgia’s special teams has been suspect as well.

14-0 now. Kentucky not diving on the fumble earlier has put them in a hole.
    Last edited by WVRed; 10-16-2021 at 04:45 PM.

14-7. Levis to Rigg.

If they can hold them before halftime it’ll go a long way.

30-13. That’s a cover.

First team so far this season to score two TDs against Georgia. Levis looked great in this game all things considered (no running game and no line).
    Last edited by WVRed; 10-16-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Well, the dream ended with an ass-kicking.

I wonder if Stoops had money on the game, going after that meaningless TD. I hope nobody hot hurt on those plays.

Anyway, I await the day we have a coach who understands offense better than this staff.
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 10-16-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Well, the dream ended with an ass-kicking.

I wonder if Stoops had money on the game, going after that meaningless TD. I hope nobody hot hurt on those plays.

Anyway, I await the day we have a coach who understands offense better than this staff.
    Regardless of this game, it’s still a dream season. The schedule as BZ broke down earlier is favorable the rest of the way. 11-1 or 10-2 are still very possible.

Nobody expected Kentucky to beat Georgia. They played turnover free football and scored more points against the Bulldogs than Clemson, Arkansas, and Auburn combined. Levis did great and Coen called about as good a game as could have been called.

Costly mistakes and drops did Kentucky in. That’s on the players, not the coaches. Jacquezz Jones could have dove on a fumble that basically gave Georgia extra yards and new life.

I honestly wondered if Brent Musberger and Gary Danielson had money on the game by how they reacted to Kentucky going for it. Had no problem with it outside of they lost Izayah Cummings on that drive.

At the end of the day you just have to tip your hat and admit you played a better team. If this Georgia team doesn’t win the National Championship, I don’t know if they will ever do it. Kentucky played them respectable and didn’t embarrass themselves in a big game that could have had negative implications for the rest of the season or recruiting. That’s all that could be asked for.

Something else that stood out, Kentucky was without Bully McCall and Octavius Oxendine up the middle. That likely cuts out some of Georgia’s rushing stats.
    Last edited by WVRed; 10-16-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    At the end of the day you just have to tip your hat and admit you played a better team.
    This is where I'm at.

Georgia's the better team.

Simple as that.

14. Likes:

WVRed (10-16-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Regardless of this game, it’s still a dream season. The schedule as BZ broke down earlier is favorable the rest of the way. 11-1 or 10-2 are still very possible.

Nobody expected Kentucky to beat Georgia. They played turnover free football and scored more points against the Bulldogs than Clemson, Arkansas, and Auburn combined. Levis did great and Coen called about as good a game as could have been called.

Costly mistakes and drops did Kentucky in. That’s on the players, not the coaches. Jacquezz Jones could have dove on a fumble that basically gave Georgia extra yards and new life.

I honestly wondered if Brent Musberger and Gary Danielson had money on the game by how they reacted to Kentucky going for it. Had no problem with it outside of they lost Izayah Cummings on that drive.

At the end of the day you just have to tip your hat and admit you played a better team. If this Georgia team doesn’t win the National Championship, I don’t know if they will ever do it. Kentucky played them respectable and didn’t embarrass themselves in a big game that could have had negative implications for the rest of the season or recruiting. That’s all that could be asked for.

Something else that stood out, Kentucky was without Bully McCall and Octavius Oxendine up the middle. That likely cuts out some of Georgia’s rushing stats.
    NY's-6 bowl game would be a major victory for the UK football program. I envy you guys.

Like most of you said UGA was just the better team. No shame losing to them. They still have a chance for a special season. Good shot at going 11-1 as long as they have no letdowns and no more major injuries occur.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

17. Likes:

goreds2 (10-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Like most of you said UGA was just the better team. No shame losing to them. They still have a chance for a special season. Good shot at going 11-1 as long as they have no letdowns and no more major injuries occur.
    Injuries are key at this point.

They're thinner than many other SEC squads and need things to go relatively right.

19. Likes:

goreds2 (10-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Injuries are key at this point.

They're thinner than many other SEC squads and need things to go relatively right.
    They’ve got a bye week to hopefully get some players healthy (Josh Ali and Bully McCall).

If I had to bet on them to lose another game it would be Tennessee or Louisville. You never know which Tennessee team is going to show up and Satterfield will likely be coaching for his job by then.

Turn Off Ads?