Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2021: Is this a dream?

Re: UK Football 2021: Is this a dream?

Kelly to LSU did happen so can we get Aamil Wagner back?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Stoops signs an extension through 2027. With automatic extensions for 7 wins or more in a season. So all is well. That will guarantee that he will be the all time winningest coach at UK as he is only three behind the Bear. Stoops had done a remarkable job bringing UK up from nothing to being very competitive within the SEC. Maybe someday soon we can catch UGA on a down year and win the SEC East.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

4. Likes:

goreds2 (12-03-2021),UKFlounder (11-30-2021)

On KSR I saw bowl projections from various media outlets. The consensus seemed to be UK playing Iowa in the Citrus Bowl. One had UK playing Wake in the Gator. That would interesting because it seems Wake can really put the points on the scoreboard. One odd one had UK playing in the Texas Bowl again WVU. I think UK will be in a much better bowl than that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    On KSR I saw bowl projections from various media outlets. The consensus seemed to be UK playing Iowa in the Citrus Bowl. One had UK playing Wake in the Gator. That would interesting because it seems Wake can really put the points on the scoreboard. One odd one had UK playing in the Texas Bowl again WVU. I think UK will be in a much better bowl than that.
    I watched a Twitter post by Matt Sunday night where he thinks it will be Citrus vs Iowa to drum up Stoops vs his alma mater.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-30-2021)

They did lose one coach. Jon Sumrall is headed to Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They did lose one coach. Jon Sumrall is headed to Troy.
    Sumrall is a good one, I suspect.

Will be interesting to see who replaces him. The Cats have a bit of momentum and could pull a really interesting hire.

I know he's polatizing, but I'd like to see if Ray Lewis would be interested. His kids are on the roster, and he'd be fantastic, IMO, as a recruiter.

I watched a Twitter post by Matt Sunday night where he thinks it will be Citrus vs Iowa to drum up Stoops vs his alma mater.
    And this is what happened.

Iowa will be one of the best defenses Levis has faced not counting Georgia leading the nation in interceptions.

On the flip side, Iowa will be one of the weakest offenses Kentucky has faced as well.

11. Likes:

Chip R (12-06-2021)

Most of Iowa's turnovers generated were in their first few weeks. We're going to roll them

13. Likes:

Big Red Smokey (12-06-2021)

As long as UK doesn't turn the ball over they can win this game. They just can't revert back to a bunch of turnovers like they were doing earlier in the season.

The game is Jan 1 at 1 PM on ABC.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Most of Iowa's turnovers generated were in their first few weeks. We're going to roll them
    It doesn’t help that Kentucky has a QB who has thrown 12 picks on the year. If Levis plays like he did against Georgia Kentucky will win. I can see it being like the Tennessee game though where a pick six is the difference in this game.

And this is what happened.

Iowa will be one of the best defenses Levis has faced not counting Georgia leading the nation in interceptions.

On the flip side, Iowa will be one of the weakest offenses Kentucky has faced as well.
    Is Iowa a legit good defensive team or is it because the teams they faced were not that good? Iowa representing the B1G West is an indictment on the B1G West. What I do know is Orlando better stock up on Natural Light since both Iowa and Iowa State are playing there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

17. Likes:

goreds2 (12-06-2021),Revering4Blue (12-10-2021)

Big blow for Iowa’s offense (or lack there of)

Tyler Goodson, 4th leading rusher in the B1G, declared for the NFL draft and will skip the bowl game.

Second leading rusher on the team only had 200 yards on the season.

Big blow for Iowa’s offense (or lack there of)

Tyler Goodson, 4th leading rusher in the B1G, declared for the NFL draft and will skip the bowl game.

Second leading rusher on the team only had 200 yards on the season.
    Should Kentucky win, I'm guessing a lot of people will be able to dismiss it due to Goodson's absence.

A very good early signing day - the last I saw it was 5th in the SEC and top 15 nationally. I know other commitments may change that a bit, but it has been a successful class.

Maybe we can get another CB in the portal to top it off

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    A very good early signing day - the last I saw it was 5th in the SEC and top 15 nationally. I know other commitments may change that a bit, but it has been a successful class.

Maybe we can get another CB in the portal to top it off
    What was going on with Kiyaunta Goodwin? Was watching the Taki's All American signing event today, and he took the stage and said he was not undecided. Then I saw he later recommitted to UK, but did not send in his paperwork?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?