Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2021: Is this a dream?

Re: UK Football 2021: Is this a dream?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I read where Kentucky is dead last in the nation in terms of turnover efficiency yet they are 6-2.

It’s not all Levis either. Chris Rodriguez has been fumble prone as well. I do think they need help at receiver outside of Wandale Robinson which would help Levis. Fortunately that may be coming next year.
    Really its a wonder they have done as well as they have with a terrible turnover margin. Most teams would be 2-6 with a margin like that. Yes Rodriquez was fumble prone early in the season. He has been better lately.i
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Tennessee at night in Lexington. I like their chances.

Will Rogers just doesn't scare me this weekend. If they don't turn the ball over they should win this game.
    Here's the thing...Kentucky is in the midst of a historic season (for them) on the gridiron. They're so stable internally that they're nearly ready to build a statue for Stoops. Tennessee got taken to the cleaners by the transfer portal. They're in the midst of an NCAA investigation. They've only got about 71 scholarship players. UK has 'em at home and Tennessee still wins.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Here's the thing...Kentucky is in the midst of a historic season (for them) on the gridiron. They're so stable internally that they're nearly ready to build a statue for Stoops. Tennessee got taken to the cleaners by the transfer portal. They're in the midst of an NCAA investigation. They've only got about 71 scholarship players. UK has 'em at home and Tennessee still wins.
    My Mama had a smile on her face this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    My Mama had a smile on her face this morning.
    I love your Mama already. I am not pleased with the UT defense. I hope they straighten things out but I'll take the win. They were playing pretty decent. UK is not an offensive juggernaut. I'm not at all comfortable with how they moved the ball against us and them scoring 40 some pts.

I hope my Vols can play Ga tough next week and at least give em their toughest game so far this yr. Note I said "hope". I'm making no predictions.

As a fan I'm thrilled with the season my Vols are having. It's far better than I expected. Far better. They still need to get past this NCAA investigation and smooth things out in the program. Kentucky is still Kentucky despite the start they had this yr

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-07-2021)

I love your Mama already. I am not pleased with the UT defense. I hope they straighten things out but I'll take the win. They were playing pretty decent. UK is not an offensive juggernaut. I'm not at all comfortable with how they moved the ball against us and them scoring 40 some pts.

I hope my Vols can play Ga tough next week and at least give em their toughest game so far this yr. Note I said "hope". I'm making no predictions.

As a fan I'm thrilled with the season my Vols are having. It's far better than I expected. Far better. They still need to get past this NCAA investigation and smooth things out in the program. Kentucky is still Kentucky despite the start they had this yr
    Georgia pretty much gave out the blueprint for beating Kentucky which Mississippi State and Tennessee followed up with.

Tackling is an issue especially in the secondary. Will Rogers dinked and dimed last week and Hendon Hooker did the same except Tennessee had the explosive receivers to make something happen.

The back breaker was Levis kept Kentucky in the game until he got baited into a pick six. Once that happened it was playing catch-up.

Enjoy Heupel because if Lincoln Riley decides to try his hand at the NFL he is likely headed to Norman.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Georgia pretty much gave out the blueprint for beating Kentucky which Mississippi State and Tennessee followed up with.

Tackling is an issue especially in the secondary. Will Rogers dinked and dimed last week and Hendon Hooker did the same except Tennessee had the explosive receivers to make something happen.

The back breaker was Levis kept Kentucky in the game until he got baited into a pick six. Once that happened it was playing catch-up.

Enjoy Heupel because if Lincoln Riley decides to try his hand at the NFL he is likely headed to Norman.
    I agree that Heupel to Oklahoma is a possibility. But that will always be an issue if your coach is doing well so it's a problem you want to have

I agree that Heupel to Oklahoma is a possibility. But that will always be an issue if your coach is doing well so it's a problem you want to have
    Not if you are Tennessee.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-07-2021)

Not if you are Tennessee.
    Sure it is. The alternative is Derek Dooley whom no one wanted to poach. You want your coach to do so well that other teams come calling

One more thing about the game yesterday. There were at least 3 blatant instances of UK faking injuries on defense because they couldn't keep up with the no huddle of Tennessee's offense. UK isn't the first team to do that. The SEC needs to have a meeting and convey to its teams that this bleep has to stop or else we'll invoke rules to deal with it that'll affect all of our games. One idea is say that any defensive player that stops play due to injury, cannot return for the rest of that drive.

Amazing to me that Tennessee's defense held up OK being on the field for 99 plays and about 45 mins of clock time. Due to their situation, they're short players and are not deep. 3rd/4th down conversions have been a problem all yr long for this defense. It was even worse yesterday. I think they need to address it by blitzing and being extra aggressive on certain 3rd/4th downs

Sure it is. The alternative is Derek Dooley whom no one wanted to poach. You want your coach to do so well that other teams come calling

One more thing about the game yesterday. There were at least 3 blatant instances of UK faking injuries on defense because they couldn't keep up with the no huddle of Tennessee's offense. UK isn't the first team to do that. The SEC needs to have a meeting and convey to its teams that this bleep has to stop or else we'll invoke rules to deal with it that'll affect all of our games. One idea is say that any defensive player that stops play due to injury, cannot return for the rest of that drive.

Amazing to me that Tennessee's defense held up OK being on the field for 99 plays and about 45 mins of clock time. Due to their situation, they're short players and are not deep. 3rd/4th down conversions have been a problem all yr long for this defense. It was even worse yesterday. I think they need to address it by blitzing and being extra aggressive on certain 3rd/4th downs
    I sure would like to see another IU/UT bowl. Maybe be in another 35 years after I am dead and gone?

No. You want your team to be a destination spot to where they aren’t enticed to leave. Tennessee had that at one point in time with Phil Fulmer. Tennessee should in no way be a stepping stone job. That’s for the Central Michigan’s of the world.

As for faking injuries, it’s nothing new in slowing down an up tempo offense. Watched it happen at WVU with Dana Holgorsen and Geno Smith.

Wonder how many points they put up on Georgia? Kentucky is the only team to score two touchdowns on them this season.

No. You want your team to be a destination spot to where they aren’t enticed to leave. Tennessee had that at one point in time with Phil Fulmer. Tennessee should in no way be a stepping stone job. That’s for the Central Michigan’s of the world.

As for faking injuries, it’s nothing new in slowing down an up tempo offense. Watched it happen at WVU with Dana Holgorsen and Geno Smith.

Wonder how many points they put up on Georgia? Kentucky is the only team to score two touchdowns on them this season.
    Of course I want Tennessee to be a destination job but that won't happen without first finding success on the field with guys like Heupel. That has to come first.

I am quite curious how they'll fare vs Georgia. We're the highest powered offense they've faced thus far. Whether they score 3 or 30 pts is immaterial if they get blown out. I hope they keep it interesting till the 4th qtr like they did with Alabama but there's no shame in getting blown out by the consensus #1 team in the land to this point

The dumbest thing I’ve seen all week:

UK fans wanting to leave the SEC because of the BS calls in the Tennessee game.

The dumbest thing I’ve seen all week:

UK fans wanting to leave the SEC because of the BS calls in the Tennessee game.
    You guys would fit right in the Big12! LOL

Aamil Wagner, brother of UK grad assistant and former WR Ahmad Wagner (Flagner) committed to Notre Dame.

Kentucky was the presumed leader all throughout his recruitment and Notre Dame wasn’t even mentioned. Penn State was the second guess. Every recruiting channel missed out on this one.

Kiyaunta Goodwin has a wandering eye so keeping him committed will be huge to the O-line moving forward.

This is why I never get excited about football recruiting until signing day.

Aamil Wagner, brother of UK grad assistant and former WR Ahmad Wagner (Flagner) committed to Notre Dame.

Kentucky was the presumed leader all throughout his recruitment and Notre Dame wasn’t even mentioned. Penn State was the second guess. Every recruiting channel missed out on this one.
    From a few weeks back: https://notredame.rivals.com/news/fo...t-what-s-next-

Turn Off Ads?