Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shidlt Out

Re: Shidlt Out

Tough break but that’s an organization that demands more. Bell would have a statue for a 17 game win streak in Cincy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Who gives a Shidit?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-18-2021)

Shildt out sounds like some sort of laxative.

6. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (10-17-2021)

He'll relocate to Shildt's Creek
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

8. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (10-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    My friends in St. Louis are perplexed, but not upset by it.

Overall, they are unhappy with the product the Cardinals have put on the field in the last few years, so they are open to any and all change. They never saw Shidlt as a problem or as a solution. They hope this means a bigger overhaul organization wide this off season.
    Can you imagine what Cardinals fans would think seeing their team be like the Reds for the past 26 seasons???

Making the post season more than the Reds have, winning a couple world series and now losing a 1 game playoff and demand a overhaul of their organization?

Red's fans want a overhaul of the ownership

10. Likes:

WrongVerb (10-17-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Can you imagine what Cardinals fans would think seeing their team be like the Reds for the past 26 seasons???

Making the post season more than the Reds have, winning a couple world series and now losing a 1 game playoff and demand a overhaul of their organization?

Red's fans want a overhaul of the ownership
    Just Castellini not interfering with baseball decisions would be a good start.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

The Cardinals were caught cheating during the most impressive run over the past two decades. There have been a wealth of rumors and accusations of them cheating even more during that period, not even including all the PED rumors which most teams had.

Cardinals fans are now just getting used to them playing mostly fair and square, and they aren’t liking it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Can you imagine caring what Cardinals fans think?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

14. Likes:

Mitri (10-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Can you imagine caring what Cardinals fans think?
    Clearly, there is a large segment of the Reds fanbase - or at least Redszone users - who are very concerned about what is happening with the Cardinals.

It'd be great if they just went ahead and jumped ship.

In his first public comments since his firing, Mike Shildt admitted multiple factors played a part in his departure from the Cardinals, including differing opinions on the use of analytics.
    https://theathletic.com/2895343/2021....co/9jHpwZzgH3

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Just Castellini not interfering with baseball decisions would be a good start.
    Until we want him to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Dennis Lin @dennistlin
    The Padres are expected to interview Mike Shildt for their managerial opening. Shildt, who was fired by the Cardinals on Thursday, oversaw three playoff trips in four seasons as St. Louis’ manager.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The Cardinals were caught cheating during the most impressive run over the past two decades. There have been a wealth of rumors and accusations of them cheating even more during that period, not even including all the PED rumors which most teams had.

Cardinals fans are now just getting used to them playing mostly fair and square, and they aren’t liking it.
    I would guess that is what they mean by "philosophical difference."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I wouldn't Saint him yet, if anything it's a Forrest Gump moment, team went on a historic run that only eight teams have eclipsted and he was the manager, it's not like he was drawing plays in the dirt and charming the press like Whitey Herzog. If anything from where I sit Shildt was a lot like a guy who fell into something that he never expected and the organization still thought that and he didn't.
    i hear you, but hear me please. i'm not sainting him. but notice the difference in how the reds and cardinals operate? david bell is mediocre at best (and i'm being kind) and the reds just gave him a 2-year extension. the cardinals just fired the manager who blew past david bell's team, with a roster that many predicted would be substandard to the reds'. in fact, i would say there is no doubt i would rather have the 2021 reds' roster over the 2021 cardinals' roster.

yet, the guy who did more with less got fired. and the guy who did less with more got an extension. i admire how the cardinals do not (mess) around at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    i hear you, but hear me please. i'm not sainting him. but notice the difference in how the reds and cardinals operate? david bell is mediocre at best (and i'm being kind) and the reds just gave him a 2-year extension. the cardinals just fired the manager who blew past david bell's team, with a roster that many predicted would be substandard to the reds'. in fact, i would say there is no doubt i would rather have the 2021 reds' roster over the 2021 cardinals' roster.

yet, the guy who did more with less got fired. and the guy who did less with more got an extension. i admire how the cardinals do not (mess) around at all.
    Bell was given almost no bullpen, no depth, Winker getting hurt, no shortstop, and not many real choices for third. Yeah, he had so much to work with.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-18-2021)

Turn Off Ads?