Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,002 of 1002

Thread: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Kroger is "charging" unvaccinated employees fifty bucks a month

Kroger stopped short of mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for workers, but said it is "modifying policies to encourage safe behaviors including vaccination." Company officials added the grocer will also continue to offer a one-time $100 bonus to workers that get fully vaccinated.

In a bid to push more of its workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19, Kroger will eliminate paid pandemic-related leave and charge $50 per month to employees that haven't gotten shots.

The $50 surcharge goes into effect Jan. 1 and applies to salaried associates enrolled in a company health plan.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/mon...rs/6507758001/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Seems fair. My company charges a $50 obesity fee (that you can avoid by going through a program). A $50 fee that you can avoid by getting vaxxed makes sense to me given the lilkely additional medical costs for the unvaxxed.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kroger is "charging" unvaccinated employees fifty bucks a month
    Good.

I started to write some thoughts the other day but was worried about sounding like a capitalist pig.

(And I’ve referred to this before) But basically, who is going to pay for the care of the unvaxxed? They should. Can vaxxed people be sick and hospitalized? Absolutely. But run the actuarial tables between the vaxxed and unvaxxed and let those who are unvaxxed pay the difference.

6. Likes:

M2 (12-15-2021),westofyou (12-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Good.

I started to write some thoughts the other day but was worried about sounding like a capitalist pig.

(And I’ve referred to this before) But basically, who is going to pay for the care of the unvaxxed? They should. Can vaxxed people be sick and hospitalized? Absolutely. But run the actuarial tables between the vaxxed and unvaxxed and let those who are unvaxxed pay the difference.
    I'm fine with employers doing this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Is the decision to not get together with your aunt/uncle yours or theirs? I mean, I really don't get it if it's yours. Do you not believe in the vaccine?
    Don't you believe that it might be a bad thing if the unvaccinated get Covid from his family and then die?

Because the vaccine doesn't prevent you from giving it to the unvaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Is the decision to not get together with your aunt/uncle yours or theirs? I mean, I really don't get it if it's yours. Do you not believe in the vaccine?
    Oh I believe in the vaccine but it isn't full proof. I also have a young daughter who can't get a vaccine yet and I have a newborn niece as well.

My parents are also of the age where if they got the virus they may have a battle on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They have the right to not allow some random Dr or RN to administer any meds to their patients directly. However what they should’ve done is say the admitting physician disagrees with the treatment and discharges the patient for not following their recommended patient care plan
    Is discharging a very sick patient an option? I sort of assumed that also leads to potential lawsuits if the patient dies shortly after leaving when the hospital knows the patient isn't healthy...

Singapore is now moving from pandemic to endemic despite rising cases:

Singapore is shifting the focus of its daily reports to hospitalizations to turn attention to its medical capacity alongside plans to manage the virus as endemic, as the country’s daily count of COVID cases in the local community rose to the highest it’s ever been.
    They have the highest vax rate in the world:

At 81%, Singapore has the best vaccination rate in the world among countries of more than 1 million people, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Yet daily cases—the vast majority of which are mild or asymptomatic—are on the rise.
    https://fortune.com/2021/09/09/singa...-vaccine-rate/

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I mentioned last week my wife works at a private school that acts like COVID doesn't exist. A student caught it a few weeks ago, student's father died last night from COVID.
    Can't even imagine what it does to a kid to know you carried home the disease that killed your dad. That school better hope the family isn't litigious.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Cornell, which has a 98% vaccination rate, has 700 students test positive in the last three days. The school's president states there here was evidence of the omicron variant in a “significant” number of samples.

It's becoming increasingly clear that Omicron is evading vaccines but it also appears that the vaccines are keeping these people from getting very ill so in that sense they are working

We have hot the 1000 post threshold. If anyone still feels the need to discuss COVID you may start another thread.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?