Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 381

Thread: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

  1. #1
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,192

    Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Early bird gets to name the thread.

    Plenty of vaccine doses available . . . go get some today (before the kids get them in a couple of weeks).

  2. Likes:

    M2 (10-15-2021)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #2
    Member BernieCarbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,442

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Well, Lora Reinbold just got covid, and the headline is predictable: "Airline-Banned Anti-Mask GOPer Gets COVID, Predictably Treats It With Horse Pills"

  5. #3
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    3,578

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    I was at Disney this week in Orlando, FL. You must mask up indoors but could be mask less outside at the parks. At Disney Springs they even have a mask vending machine. I understand though that Disney is a tourist attraction and will charge for everything, LOL. Mrs. goreds2 and I had a great time.

    In Ohio, most stores supply a mask for free. The Columbus, Ohio airport provides masks for free.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

  6. #4
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,192

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I was at Disney this week in Orlando, FL. You must mask up indoors but could be mask less outside at the parks. At Disney Springs they even have a mask vending machine. I understand though that Disney is a tourist attraction and will charge for everything, LOL. Mrs. goreds2 and I had a great time.

    In Ohio, most stores supply a mask for free. The Columbus, Ohio airport provides masks for free.
    Are they at least Disney character masks that they are selling?

  7. #5
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    21,020

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Early bird gets to name the thread.

    Plenty of vaccine doses available . . . go get some today (before the kids get them in a couple of weeks).
    Unless the MODs change it...

  8. #6
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,213

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Back on the Rogan point. I think he is an entertaining guy who a lot of times has pretty good and candid conversations with interesting people. I also think his point about individual health and fitness is very important in battling Covid.

    All that said, in the Gupta interview, he took an article on a study that he kept bringing up, but wouldn't listen to Gupta when he tried to tell him why it was misleading. While I do think Rogan is intelligent, he doesn't know how to read a medical study or paper. Gupta was trying to debunk Rogan's point, but Rogan was talking over him.

    On another note, we have gotten to this point in society where influential people have their "fanboys" who do the influencer's bidding. I used to be on an OSU website where a lawsuit came out that two of the owners were screwing (or attempting to screw) the members. Even during this time, there were people out there doing the disgraced owners bidding. Attacking anyone who dared say something negative about the guy screwing them over. Same thing with Rogan, he can say he wants to sue CNN, but he can't. If he took ivermectin, which he did, what grounds does he have. He is just drawing attention and fame to himself, letting his fanboys out there fight his battle. And you can lump in the former pre...................

  9. #7
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    21,020

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Back on the Rogan point. I think he is an entertaining guy who a lot of times has pretty good and candid conversations with interesting people. I also think his point about individual health and fitness is very important in battling Covid.

    All that said, in the Gupta interview, he took an article on a study that he kept bringing up, but wouldn't listen to Gupta when he tried to tell him why it was misleading. While I do think Rogan is intelligent, he doesn't know how to read a medical study or paper. Gupta was trying to debunk Rogan's point, but Rogan was talking over him.

    On another note, we have gotten to this point in society where influential people have their "fanboys" who do the influencer's bidding. I used to be on an OSU website where a lawsuit came out that two of the owners were screwing (or attempting to screw) the members. Even during this time, there were people out there doing the disgraced owners bidding. Attacking anyone who dared say something negative about the guy screwing them over. Same thing with Rogan, he can say he wants to sue CNN, but he can't. If he took ivermectin, which he did, what grounds does he have. He is just drawing attention and fame to himself, letting his fanboys out there fight his battle. And you can lump in the former pre...................
    The point with Rogan was CNN saying he took horse medicine. Was it a paste? Was it prescribed by a vet? No and no. It was not a medicine for a horse

  10. #8
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    3,578

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Are they at least Disney character masks that they are selling?
    I am having trouble uploading picture of the vending machine. They are Generac masks and the machine did not post a price. I guess they figure you are using a credit card and price is no issue.

    EDIT: I wore my Cincinnati Reds mask!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

  11. #9
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,213

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The point with Rogan was CNN saying he took horse medicine. Was it a paste? Was it prescribed by a vet? No and no. It was not a medicine for a horse
    The greater point is, had Rogan been able to sue, he would have. Ivermectin is a horse dewormer with a very specific use in humans. Treatment of Covid is not that, in essence, CNN reporting that he took horse medicine was not factually incorrect.

    But Joe Rogan would be glad you are taking up his battle for him.

  12. #10
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,192

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    I was watching TV Land last night. It was one of my favorite episodes, here is part of the script:

    Setting: Night time, stall. Camera zooms in to Mr. Ed sleeping - he snores! A noise is heard off camera, Mr. Ed wakes up.

    Mr. Ed: Who is that? Wilbur is that you?
    Wilbur: Ed, its just me, go back to sleep?
    Mr. Ed: Wilbur, what are you doing back there? Are you in my medicine drawer?
    Wilbur: Just go back to sleep (wheezy cough)
    Mr. Ed: Wilbur, why are you taking my medicine? I have worms from that cheap food you've been giving me.
    Wilbur: Ed, (cough, cough), I'll replace the medicine in the morning (cough, cough)
    Mr. Ed: Wilbur, you don't look very good - kind of gray around the gills - and why are you going through the fish tank supplies?
    Wilbur: Ed, its just a little flu, it's nothing, go back to sleep.
    Mr. Ed: Wilbur, you look terrible - and why are you so close to me?
    Wilbur: It's nothing (cough, wheeze, cough). (Wilbur falls over)
    Mr. Ed: I can't intubate you, I don't have any hands. Ugh...
    Wilbur: Can you at least kick that bleach over this way, I need a little sip...

  13. Likes:

    M2 (10-15-2021),Redsfaithful (10-15-2021)

  14. #11
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    21,020

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The greater point is, had Rogan been able to sue, he would have. Ivermectin is a horse dewormer with a very specific use in humans. Treatment of Covid is not that, in essence, CNN reporting that he took horse medicine was not factually incorrect.

    But Joe Rogan would be glad you are taking up his battle for him.
    I don't even know how to access his show. I get one has to stream it through YouTube or something but I'm not one of fans...but he's right on this one. The form of Ivermectin he took was not horse dewormer

  15. #12
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,192

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't even know how to access his show. I get one has to stream it through YouTube or something but I'm not one of fans...but he's right on this one. The form of Ivermectin he took was not horse dewormer
    If you've never seen his show, how do you know what he took? Did he share the prescription with you or are you just going on what you've read about what he's said?

  16. #13
    Member BernieCarbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,442

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    It is so bizarre to me that the horse dewormer folk get so irate when you dare to not take their Joe Rogan binky seriously.

    To intelligent people who chose to get the vaccine, it is totally irrelevant whether the horse dewormer came in pill form or paste form. It is chemically the same thing. The pedantic argument they are trying to make makes them look even more stupid.
    Last edited by BernieCarbo; 10-15-2021 at 03:01 PM.

  17. Likes:

    M2 (10-15-2021),RFS62 (10-24-2021),Strikes Out Looking (10-15-2021)

  18. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,592

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    We're still doing this?

  19. #15
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,732

    Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

    Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    It is so bizarre to me that the horse dewormer folk get so irate when you dare to not take their Joe Rogan binky seriously.

    To intelligent people who chose to get the vaccine, it is totally irrelevant whether the horse dewormer came in pill form or paste form. It is chemically the same thing. The pedantic argument they are trying to make makes him look even more stupid.
    And the horse dewormer version is flying off the shelves. Maybe people can't get enough of that apple flavor.
    Now begins the winter of our discombobulation.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator