Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I was with you till the last sentence. The quote from the guy from the WHO is not propaganda. I think it's newsworthy.

I'm not sold on how effective these vaccines are and I suggest we all have an open mind and look at all the evidence. If I post something that you feel is untrue, please chime in. Factchecking me is always welcome. Is there anything in the Tyler Durden article that you found to be a lie or misleading?
    Know what website you are gathering data from.

Zero Hedge is a far-right libertarian financial blog, presenting staff-written articles and aggregating news and opinions from external sources.
    I pretty much discount everything from far right (and far left) websites because they only post snippets of data that they agree with.

Here is the latest from the WHO on boosters

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Know what website you are gathering data from.

I pretty much discount everything from far right (and far left) websites because they only post snippets of data that they agree with.

It definitely is right wing, but the MSM is left wing. I seek out right wing sources as a balance because I want to hear all sides of an issue. I think Tyler Durden is generally careful not to get into hyperbole and keeps his articles factual. He does generally only write about things that help the right wing cause but he's truthful. I see you found nothing untruthful about that article

Granted the following is only anecdotal but I got this from a friend this morning and I find that it makes great sense:

The hospital I work at suspend their mandate of the vaccine and they actually told the truth about it.
    In their memo they actually stated the Vax won't stop the spread or keep you from getting sick. It's to make you less sick if you do get it. I'm proud of them for telling the truth now if only other places will do that too.

As Dan correctly mentioned, that's two months old. I also find it to be so vanilla that it doesn't really tell us much. What did you take from it that caught your eye?

As Dan correctly mentioned, that's two months old. I also find it to be so vanilla that it doesn't really tell us much. What did you take from it that caught your eye?
    I disagree that the MSM is left wing. I generally only pay attention to the news sites that present facts and properly label opinion pieces, opinion.

What caught my eye is that the last thing the WHO said about boosters was two months ago. Whatever fight club decided to report is NOT a WHO stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    It’s literally a death threat, made by the President of the United States against American citizens who refuse a government mandated medical treatment. But yeah, I’m the “crazy” one…
    It's literally a vaccine, which is what we use to keep deadly diseases from making the rounds. You've had more than you can count.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

westofyou (12-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It's literally a vaccine, which is what we use to keep deadly diseases from making the rounds. You've had more than you can count.
    The pearl clutching is mighty in that one

9. Likes:

M2 (12-03-2021)

I disagree that the MSM is left wing. I generally only pay attention to the news sites that present facts and properly label opinion pieces, opinion.

What caught my eye is that the last thing the WHO said about boosters was two months ago. Whatever fight club decided to report is NOT a WHO stance.
    The WHO is not currently recommending boosters. Did that catch your eye? Why are you wording this with "Fight Club"? The NY Times reported the same thing as well as other doctors who said the science isn't there right now. That's consistent with what Dr Ryan said. What's the issue here?

I think Dan made a good point that it's too early to know if boosters are effective. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    No, I don't understand what you mean, because you are really insane. "blind terror, fight or flight, coursing through your veins as a needle is injected into one of them by your own government"?

I don't even believe you got the vaccine anymore. And people wonder why I don't give a rat's ass if all the hillbillies die. They had their chance.
    Doesn't matter what you believe. I got the vaccine because I weighed the options and made my best guess.

You are a great storyteller, and I enjoy reading your perspectives for the most part. But I have to tell you, and I'm sure you don't care, but your empathy really stinks. Like "zero" on the scale. If there is something that you don't experience personally, you seem to lack the ability to not only understand it, but even tolerate it.

My point here was, there are things that we do, maybe even on a daily basis, that we think nothing of, but would absolutely terrify some people. Everyone is fighting their own battles. The COVID vaccine, for many, is one of those battles. Pinning someone down who is scared of the vaccine, and forcibly injecting them with it, is not a good thing. Ghosting them from society is just a passive way of doing the same thing.

We have done a bang up job of demonizing the unvaccinated. I told you about the loud and proud unvaccinated dude who use to sit behind me. I don't say what I say easily. I am conflicted. But jeez man, at least I'm conflicted about demonizing these people. They are just human beings making their best guesses like anyone else, even if you and I think their guess is costly for all of us and therefore wrong.

Last edited by Bob Sheed; 12-03-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    This vaccine has failed by your definition. It most certainly is making the rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The COVID vaccine, for many, is one of those battles.
    How many of those refusing to get the vaccine do you think this represents, though? 1%? I doubt it is even that, it is probably more like .05%. My dad is terrified of needles, my mom said while he was getting the vaccine he was literally clenching his teeth and kicking his feet repeatedly. He still got the vaccine, though, and 30 seconds after the shot was in his arm he was totally fine. So, I get what you are saying, but lets not pretend like that is what is going on here with 35% of american adults refusing to get this. It is 100% political.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

757690 (12-03-2021),M2 (12-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Doesn't matter what you believe. I got the vaccine because I weighed the options and made my best guess.

You are a great storyteller, and I enjoy reading your perspectives for the most part. But I have to tell you, and I'm sure you don't care, but your empathy really stinks. Like "zero" on the scale. If there is something that you don't experience personally, you seem to lack the ability to not only understand it, but even tolerate it.

My point here was, there are things that we do, maybe even on a daily basis, that we think nothing of, but would absolutely terrify some people. Everyone is fighting their own battles. The COVID vaccine, for many, is one of those battles. Pinning someone down who is scared of the vaccine, and forcibly injecting them with it, is not a good thing. Ghosting them from society is just a passive way of doing the same thing.

We have done a bang up job of demonizing the unvaccinated. I told you about the loud and proud unvaccinated dude who use to sit behind me. I don't say what I say easily. I am conflicted. But jeez man, at least I'm conflicted about demonizing these people. They are just human beings making their best guesses like anyone else, even if you and I think their guess is costly for all of us and therefore wrong.
    So, you think I have zero empathy. You have no idea who I am or what drives me. To even suggest that I refuse to tolerate something I haven't experienced is insulting.

But, someone's life has been pretty damn blessed if they are terrified of getting a vaccine developed by scientists and instead would rather compare this to Nazi Germany or being starved to death or rape. And where is their empathy? How about the person I know who talked her parents into refusing the vaccine only to see her dad die? Where is her empathy?

I have empathy for people who have legitimate concerns. I know plenty of people who have gone though hell and I have total empathy for them even though I didn't experience it. But the people who won't get this vaccine for the reasons they read on facebook (experimental, government control, tracking chips, freedom) are selfish *******s. And fwiw, the antivaxxers that wouldn't get their kids immunized against measles are polio are selfish *******s too, so at least I'm consistent.

16. Likes:

mole44 (12-03-2021),Redsfaithful (12-04-2021)

WHO is not recommending boosters at the moment because the continent of Africa is only 7% vaccinated, they are afraid that boosters in richer nations - witch much higher vaccination rates - will weaken the supply of the vaccine to Africa.

Has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they ultimately think boosters are a good idea for currently vaccinated individuals.

Saying such or shyly insinuating such is simply spreading misinformation.

Fortunately, most of the members of this forum are smart enough to see through that crap.

18. Likes:

bucksfan2 (12-03-2021),Larkin Fan (12-03-2021),M2 (12-03-2021),Redsfaithful (12-04-2021),RedTeamGo! (12-03-2021),WrongVerb (12-03-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

These urologists are setting the record straight about penises and COVID

Why are men more vaccine-hesitant if they are more at risk? Experts argue that traditional masculinity, which makes men less likely to trust science and protect themselves from viruses, may be the cause. “Men who assert that they’re ‘completely masculine’ are more likely than other men to express skepticism about coronavirus vaccines and are less likely to say that they’ll take the vaccine,” according to a Farleigh Dickinson survey of 6,000 people.

“Many men think that being tough is part of being masculine,” Dan Cassino, the political scientist who led the survey, said in a press release. “That means not wearing a mask, or getting a vaccine. It means they figure they’ll be tough enough to survive COVID anyway.”
    Rodgers may be right that no long-term studies exist on COVID-19 vaccines—they are, after all, a very recent invention—but his concerns about fertility are almost certainly unfounded. No scientific evidence exists that COVID-19 vaccines cause male infertility, according to the CDC. One small study by David Gonzalez at the University of Miami of 45 men who received mRNA vaccines did not have a decrease in sperm quality, but rather, “showed statistically significant increases in all sperm parameters.” (The authors did note that “the magnitude of change is within normal individual variation” and hypothesized that the sperm increase may have been caused by post-vaccine abstinence.) Another study of 43 men at the Hebrew University of Medicine in Jerusalem also found the vaccine does not negatively affect sperm parameters.

So where did Rodgers get the idea that COVID-19 vaccines cause infertility? According to an October review article in Nature by urologists from University of Utah and University of California San Diego, the worry is “mostly driven by vocal conspiracy theorists.” In May a headline on the UK website “Daily Expose” claimed that vaccines would cause mass male infertility. The myth gained more traction when rapper Nicki Minaj tweeted to her 22.6 million followers that her cousin had become impotent after getting jabbed.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Granted the following is only anecdotal but I got this from a friend this morning and I find that it makes great sense:
    tell me you don't read anyone else's posts here without telling me you don't read anyone else's posts here

i'm glad you're hearing your friend, but people on this board have been telling you this for months and months
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    WHO is not recommending boosters at the moment because the continent of Africa is only 7% vaccinated, they are afraid that boosters in richer nations - witch much higher vaccination rates - will weaken the supply of the vaccine to Africa.

Has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they ultimately think boosters are a good idea for currently vaccinated individuals.

Saying such or shyly insinuating such is simply spreading misinformation.

Fortunately, most of the members of this forum are smart enough to see through that crap.
    What you mention is a factor. In fact that point was raised in both the Tyler Durden article and the NY Times article so you're not bringing up anything new. What's new are the words of Dr Ryan, from the WHO, who says that there's no science that supports that Boosters are helpful. That's why I brought this to the attention of our forum here. We've known for months that the WHO is concerned about poorer countries

Turn Off Ads?