Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I know that you've had a rough go of it with everyone else today, but I'd like to step up an say thank YOU for highlighting those three European countries. It's excellent of you to allow us to explore how anti-vaxxers will grasp virtually anything, no matter how small or nonsensical, as "evidence" to support their bias, even though evidence of the opposite is overwhelming. Like you, I believe that those two or three countries will come to their senses and join the rest of the world in protecting their citizens, no matter their age.

However, I think it might be a bit strong for you to call right-wingers "nut jobs" and "conspiracy theorists". Maybe some, or even most of them, but not all. Maybe soften that up going forward? Just a thought.
    No, I've had a very good day, thanks. All's well here

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ohio is the perfect example of how not to do covid. We are now posting over 6000 cases a day, and our seven day average for deaths is more than it has ever been. The only positive for our shameful vaccination rate is that it is mostly the unvaccinated that are dying, so there's that.

What's amazing is that by the new year, we'll probably be up around 10,000 per day again after indoor gatherings are over.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Ohio is the perfect example of how not to do covid. We are now posting over 6000 cases a day, and our seven day average for deaths is more than it has ever been. The only positive for our shameful vaccination rate is that it is mostly the unvaccinated that are dying, so there's that.

What's amazing is that by the new year, we'll probably be up around 10,000 per day again after indoor gatherings are over.
    At over 1000 deaths a day, we are looking at 30k+ deaths over the past month. I’d love to see the numbers on how many of those are unvaccinated. Seems like if significant that number needs to be the bolded headline right now. I don’t know why one must dig a little to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    At over 1000 deaths a day, we are looking at 30k+ deaths over the past month. I’d love to see the numbers on how many of those are unvaccinated. Seems like if significant that number needs to be the bolded headline right now. I don’t know why one must dig a little to see that.
    I know, I would think that would be blasted on the CDC homepage at a minimum. I do see some state data, and hospitals report some data on what percentage on unvaccinated are in the ICUs, but nothing comprehensive. Maybe they are afraid that if the number isn't 0.0%, it will give ammo to the anti-vaxxers.

As for anecdotal evidence, I know of five people living nearby who have died, and all five were unvaccinated.

I know, I would think that would be blasted on the CDC homepage at a minimum. I do see some state data, and hospitals report some data on what percentage on unvaccinated are in the ICUs, but nothing comprehensive. Maybe they are afraid that if the number isn't 0.0%, it will give ammo to the anti-vaxxers.

As for anecdotal evidence, I know of five people living nearby who have died, and all five were unvaccinated.
    Agreed, the number of unvaxxed getting and dying from covid should be the top story.

7. Likes:

M2 (11-21-2021)

I just talk to my brother-in-law in Germany, and he said things are really coming to a head there with the vaccinated being pitted against the unvaccinated. He said there were violent protests in every major city in Europe, even in the Netherlands, and you know if the potheads get violent, that’s serious. They actually called it an “orgy of violence”.

And now that it looks like there are going to be lockdowns once again, it’s really pissing people off that the unvaccinated have been given so much power.

I just talk to my brother-in-law in Germany, and he said things are really coming to a head there with the vaccinated being pitted against the unvaccinated. He said there were violent protests in every major city in Europe, even in the Netherlands, and you know if the potheads get violent, that’s serious. They actually called it an “orgy of violence”.

And now that it looks like there are going to be lockdowns once again, it’s really pissing people off that the unvaccinated have been given so much power.
    I seriously doubt the unvaccinated are protesting that others opted for vaccination. The protests are for the way the unvaccinated are being treated. They feel their rights are being taken away and they might be right. In this country it'd be very difficult to do what they can do over there

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I seriously doubt the unvaccinated are protesting that others opted for vaccination. The protests are for the way the unvaccinated are being treated. They feel their rights are being taken away and they might be right. In this country it'd be very difficult to do what they can do over there
    They should just get vaccinated and quit being snowflakes.

11. Likes:

westofyou (11-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    God, I just saw his quote. He is just spewing anti-vaxxer nonsense. Of course the unvaccinated are scorned because they are the reason this is going on and on. Right now, Germany is basically cancelling Christmas again, and more and more people are saying that the unvaccinated should just hurry up and get sick and die and get it over with, like we are doing in Ohio. This is about vaccinated rights, not the unvaccinated.

It's weird, it really has become two separate realities. Everyone I interact with more than passingly is vaccinated, I have a booster, so all this carnage happening all over Ohio feels very distant.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    They should but they won't.

605 deaths out of 6.8 million cases for kids. Survival rate of 99.992%.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

There are all sorts of things that kill more kids.

Here's the deal: what happens if after millions of vaccinations, more than 600 kids die ? All hell will break loose and anti-vaxxers will have a numbers based argument

I like what the German health minister finally said: "Some would say this is cynical but probably by the end of this winter, pretty much everyone in Germany will be vaccinated, recovered or dead ... That’s the reality,” Jens Spahn told a press conference in Berlin on Monday.

Germany was once touted for their covid tracing app and strict lockdowns, but none of it worked and now it's spreading there even faster than it is here. Austria tried to force the covid pass, and they are in the same boat with a terrible vaccination rate.

But, places like Spain, Portugal and Italy are way ahead of the curve. There are several theories why this is, but for whatever reason, the more "advanced" a country is, the more hesitant they are. It's sort of the Whole Foods-Anti-vax effect where the more affluent populations tended to be more anti-vax. Until they start suffering a little more, it probably won't change.
    Last edited by BernieCarbo; 11-23-2021 at 10:21 AM.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I like what the German health minister finally said: "Some would say this is cynical but probably by the end of this winter, pretty much everyone in Germany will be vaccinated, recovered or dead ... That’s the reality,” Jens Spahn told a press conference in Berlin on Monday.

Germany was once touted for their covid tracing app and strict lockdowns, but none of it worked and now it's spreading there even faster than it is here. Austria tried their force the covid pass, and they are in the same boat with a terrible vaccination rate.

But, places like Spain, Portugal and Italy are way ahead of the curve. There are several theories why this is, but for whatever reason, the more "advanced" a country is, the more hesitant they are. It's sort of the Whole Foods-Anti-vax effect where the more affluent populations tended to be more anti-vax. Until they start suffering a little more, it probably won't change.
    Hundreds if not thousands of Ph.D's in sociology are going to be given out for people studying our reactions to this pandemic.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Hundreds if not thousands of Ph.D's in sociology are going to be given out for people studying our reactions to this pandemic.
    The next generation of comedians as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?