Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Out and about this weekend, you'd have no idea there was a pandemic going on. I went to pick up a pizza at a popular sports bar/pizza joint... Wall to wall people watching the UC game. Standing room only. Not a mask in site. Across the street at another place. Same thing.

Whatevs...
    I don't know why this is surprising. The vaccinated are not going to cower in fear like timid fieldmice and lament the vaccine hesitancy of hillbillies. We're done with this. The unvaccinated aren't going to stay home either, and will take their chances. There is nothing we can do about it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let an unvaccinated hillbilly control my destiny.

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-05-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I don't know why this is surprising. The vaccinated are not going to cower in fear like timid fieldmice and lament the vaccine hesitancy of hillbillies. We're done with this. The unvaccinated aren't going to stay home either, and will take their chances. There is nothing we can do about it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let an unvaccinated hillbilly control my destiny.
    Well I know they aren't, but I wish they would stay home. Went to a Midget Wrestling show last Sunday, had to be some infectedmouth breathers there, because myself, my wife, a friend, and a friend of a friend all got Covid. We are all fully vaxxed, but still that was 4 days of miserable sickness, and missing time from work. So saying the unvaxxed doesn't affect the vaxxed they most certaintley do

5. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Well I know they aren't, but I wish they would stay home. Went to a Midget Wrestling show last Sunday, had to be some infectedmouth breathers there, because myself, my wife, a friend, and a friend of a friend all got Covid. We are all fully vaxxed, but still that was 4 days of miserable sickness, and missing time from work. So saying the unvaxxed doesn't affect the vaxxed they most certaintley do
    I know they do, but at least you didn't die, plus you still have the option to stay home if you are worried. I'm saying that they aren't going to keep me from living a normal life, because I'm vaccinated and have less than a 1:10000 chance of succumbing to this now. Life goes on.

You went to a what, now?

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You went to a what, now?
    Midget professional wrestling. The promotion is called "Midgets With Attitude". It is extremely entertaining.

10. Likes:

M2 (12-05-2021)

Midget professional wrestling. The promotion is called "Midgets With Attitude". It is extremely entertaining.
    Sounds amazing. That said, I'd place high odds of COVID transmission at any indie wrestling show.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Mrs. goreds2 and I getting our Pfizer booster this Tuesday.
    Mines scheduled for Wednesday. Not looking forward to the side effects, the second one whipped me pretty good for a couple days.

13. Likes:

goreds2 (12-05-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I got mine last week. I had the Pfizer double tap in the spring, so I took the Moderna booster. It was like speed running a bad cold. Runny nose, then woke up with chills, and finally achy for part of the next day. Then I have been fine ever since.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

15. Likes:

goreds2 (12-05-2021)

For the record, this "anti-vaxxer" is getting his booster on Thursday morning.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (12-05-2021)

LMAO
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Mines scheduled for Wednesday. Not looking forward to the side effects, the second one whipped me pretty good for a couple days.
    I didn’t get any side effects on the booster. Second shot got me pretty good.

20. Likes:

goreds2 (12-06-2021)

Are you sure you caught it from an unvaxxed person?

22. Likes:

Larkin90 (12-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    My wife and I had the booster and had hardly any side effects. I just felt a little off the next day. My arm was more sore with the booster for some reason but really no problems at all. BTW it was Pfizer. All three of ours were of the Pfizer variety.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

24. Likes:

goreds2 (12-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    My wife and I had the booster and had hardly any side effects. I just felt a little off the next day. My arm was more sore with the booster for some reason but really no problems at all. BTW it was Pfizer. All three of ours were of the Pfizer variety.
    I've never really heard anyone have major issues with booster. The biggest thing I've heard is "sore arm." I felt tired and nauseous for a few days before I felt right on the 3rd/4th day after 2nd Moderna. Getting the Moderna +1 as well.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Exactly the same for me with my three Pfizers. I had a weird night of sleep and was kind of foggy, that's it.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

27. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-06-2021),goreds2 (12-06-2021)

Turn Off Ads?