Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Projected Arbitration Salaries

Re: Projected Arbitration Salaries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I wonder if they'd swap Myers and a good prospect for Senzel.
    There are $23.5M reasons why the Reds wouldn't do that deal, but I love your optimism.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-21-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I was thinking the White Sox might be a good trade partner since they have money and are close to being a WS contender so I think Castillo would be very enticing. If we trade Castillo I would want the team to take a bad contract as the price of aquiring him.

Castillo + Moose +pay part of Moose's 2023 salary for Keuchel + Bummer + One of Kopech or Crochet maybe Ruiz + Adam Engel

Castillo+ Akiama for Bummer + Kopech + Engel

Both of these ideas give up two young arms that boost the pen with Bummer a lefty or Crochet a lefty that throws 100 Kopech also could be a starter was 31 ranked prospect
    The first idea has change of bad contracts but if Moose is healthy it helps the White sox because they could use some production at 2nd and Keuchel could be in the mix for the rotation

Engle is a nice defensive OF that can play CF well and in limited time has 800+ ops the last two years good insurance for CF if Senzel is the plan there.

For second idea my plan would have Greene and Lodolo replace Castillo in rotation where for half the year one would be in rotation and other in pen or minors then after 15-16 starts flip roles to limit both of their IP.

Both ideas also frees up Money to address RF
    Last edited by InsaneinthBrame; 10-21-2021 at 11:12 AM.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (10-21-2021),UK Reds Fan (10-21-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    There are $23.5M reasons why the Reds wouldn't do that deal, but I love your optimism.
    It could work if the Pads paid down to the $16M the Reds had committed to Castellanos.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    It could work if the Pads paid down to the $16M the Reds had committed to Castellanos.
    IMO, better defense needs to be part of the RF replacement strategy. That would be my hangup on Myers. I suspect his bat would pop in the GAB, but I'd rather they find a more complete player. Ideally they should be less of a softball team next season. A big part of that is getting at least two OFs who can run down fly balls.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

CaiGuy (10-22-2021),Chip R (10-21-2021),Revering4Blue (10-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The Padres would give away Myers for nothing if they could. He’s a DH who is way overpaid.
    Would they swap Moose for him (let's say there's money passed in the trade to make it salary neutral)
    If there's a DH in the NL next year, that's a good deal for the Reds
    If no DH, he can be part of the OF mix.
    I have no idea of the Padres point of view on this though.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?