Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Couple Of Ideas For The Off-season

Re: A Couple Of Ideas For The Off-season

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    Here's my couple of ideas:

Trade with Nationals:

1) Reds trade- Nick Senzel, Vlad Gutierrez and Lyon Richardson(A+)

Nationals trade- Victor Robles(CF), Riley Adams(C) and Kyle Finnegan(RHRP)

-Reds get a once promising prospect in CF, and a young backup C behind TYSteve, and get a RHRP to shore up the middle relief.

2) Fix the Pen

1) Aaron Loup-LHRP (Mets)
    2) Hector Neris-RHRP (Phillies)
    I guess I don't get why we'd want Robles who has put up exact same Nick Senzel numbers...and Senzel is bit younger and you can at least make argument injuries have derailed him. I am not sure Robles has even that excuse. Plus Vlad can be as good bullpen guy or 5th starter than what we'd get back. The only way I take on Robles is to dump off Moose/Shogo or Suarez. Other than that....just stand pat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Who says no?

The Washington Nationals trade SP Patrick Corbin and CF Victor Robles to Cincinnati for 3B/ 2B Mike Moustakas and OF Shogo Akiyama.

Nats might have to provide a prospect or some cash, but I think it's pretty fair, no?

Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post
    I guess I don't get why we'd want Robles who has put up exact same Nick Senzel numbers...and Senzel is bit younger and you can at least make argument injuries have derailed him. I am not sure Robles has even that excuse. Plus Vlad can be as good bullpen guy or 5th starter than what we'd get back. The only way I take on Robles is to dump off Moose/Shogo or Suarez. Other than that....just stand pat.
    Robles hasn't had the benefit of the GAB easy button. Senzel has and it's done him no good. Also, Robles is two years younger and has the ability to play outstanding defense in CF. Would vastly prefer seeing if a change of scenery unlocked his potential than hope that this time Senzel's going to get it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Who says no?

The Washington Nationals trade SP Patrick Corbin and CF Victor Robles to Cincinnati for 3B/ 2B Mike Moustakas and OF Shogo Akiyama.

Nats might have to provide a prospect or some cash, but I think it's pretty fair, no?
    Nats say no if you offered those two for no return. Shogo and MM have negative value

Quote Originally Posted by LARKIN View Post
    Nats say no if you offered those two for no return. Shogo and MM have negative value
    Arguably, so does Corbin, only moreso.

Watching these playoff games with the best teams in the game has made it more clear to me that the Reds need to improve their team speed, defense and bullpen. I think it would be wiser to focus on those areas rather than trying to replace Cast's offense. We could likely get two or three good players for what Nick will sign for. Plus I think we have enough power already with Votto, Winker, Suarez, India, Stephenson, Moose, and Naquin. That's not even counting Barrero having 20+ HR potential.

So I'm leaning towards keep the rotation in tact, add some plus defense in CF(added bonus if it's a good bat), and at least two really good bull pen arms.

8. Likes:

HokieRed (10-25-2021),M2 (10-24-2021),Mitri (10-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Robles hasn't had the benefit of the GAB easy button. Senzel has and it's done him no good. Also, Robles is two years younger and has the ability to play outstanding defense in CF. Would vastly prefer seeing if a change of scenery unlocked his potential than hope that this time Senzel's going to get it.
    At this point I make Senzel have glove wil travel, especially if the No gets the DH. Senzel plays 3rd. Moose or Suarez DH. Senzel can play some left. Winner DH. Maybe even some first so Votto can DH. He likely improves the defense wherever he plays and if his bat happens to come around even better.

10. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (10-26-2021),Revering4Blue (10-25-2021)

Turn Off Ads?