Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread Part Two The Road to the Playoffs

Re: 2021 College Football Thread Part Two The Road to the Playoffs

42 4 stars to 7?!? And Cincinnati won? That must have been the upset of the century!

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (Yesterday),texasdave (Yesterday)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm guessing the recruiting star talent gap was similarly lopsided when Cincinnati played Notre Dame.
    No

The difference between Alabama and ND in recruiting is similar to the difference between Cincinnati and Kent St. Not being hyperbolic.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; Yesterday at 05:56 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Sea Ray (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Michigan State destroyed Michigan. OSU destroyed MSU. Michigan made OSU look like hot garbage.

You never know. Georgia belongs as much as or more than Ok St or ND. Frankly.....I would like to see that Utah squad in the mix. I know you have to go a long way down the rankings to find them, but they looked awfully good the last couple of weeks.
    How did MSU destroy Michigan? It took a miraculous comeback for Sparty to win. And a horrible call by the refs.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

Benihana (Yesterday),Revering4Blue (Yesterday)

Once again my Vols draw a Big Ten team in their Bowl game. They play Purdue in the Music City Bowl on December 30th. Seems like a pretty tough draw for the Vols. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Damn, I hope they still go ahead and play the game.
    That's my thought too. If Bama is so good and it's a guaranteed blowout, then why bother playing the game at all?

Maybe someone should go out to Oakland and see if they can find that 1990 World Series banner that was guaranteed to fly. Oh wait, it's a good thing the Reds were actually allowed on the field that year.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-19 Average Season: 70-92

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Michigan State destroyed Michigan. OSU destroyed MSU. Michigan made OSU look like hot garbage.

You never know. Georgia belongs as much as or more than Ok St or ND. Frankly.....I would like to see that Utah squad in the mix. I know you have to go a long way down the rankings to find them, but they looked awfully good the last couple of weeks.
    Nope, MSU won a close game vs UM on a running backs best game ever and lost a TD the Big 10 said should have counted.

"So Fla Red"

Coaching Carousel continues as Venables finally leaves Clemson to take the Oklahoma job

The U in "deep discussions" to hire Cristobal from Oregon. Supposedly a noon deadline Monday to accept $8M a year deal. It gets more odd as Manny Diaz is still the UM coach and will remain the coach if Cristobal turns down the job...

"So Fla Red"

Is this the Saban secret sauce?

Learning from his time at Alabama as one of Saban's high paid army of analysts, Billy Napier plans to build an "unprecedented organization" of 40-50 analysts at UF. He has a yearly budget of $5M for analysts and $7.5M for assistants. Saban is the GOAT, but I guess we know why his teams and staff is rarely unprepared for anything thrown at them on the field. Napier had 40 analysts on staff at the University of Louisianna??

https://www.wptv.com/sports/college-...aff-at-florida

This is beyond crazy. College programs are building support staff infrastructures and coaching budgets bigger than most NFL teams.
    Last edited by oregonred; Today at 01:14 AM.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by LARKIN View Post
    I hope you didn’t bet much, here are the playoff games since 2015:
    Vs Mich St- 38-0
    Vs Washington- 24-7
    Vs Clemson- 24-6
    Vs Oklahoma-45-34
    Vs ND- 31-14
    O Lu the Oklahoma game was somewhat close and it really wasn’t. They had Kyler Murray as well.
    The majority of the initial 21 CFP games have been blowouts and yawners. It's been pretty crazy actually how few competitive games we've had out of the first seven years. This includes three blowouts last season.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Once again my Vols draw a Big Ten team in their Bowl game. They play Purdue in the Music City Bowl on December 30th. Seems like a pretty tough draw for the Vols. What do you all think?
    Depends on opt outs like all non CFP games. Purdue has a couple of guys projected in the first 40 picks.

Turn Off Ads?