Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread Part Two The Road to the Playoffs

Re: 2021 College Football Thread Part Two The Road to the Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not a fan of Harbaugh doing the QB rotation. That might prove to be the final straw in his downfall at Mich
    Don't understand that one bit. But glad he did it (lol).
    Last edited by GAC; 10-31-2021 at 05:57 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

While they have gotten better - but who have they played prior to yesterday and since the loss to Oregon? - Ohio State's youth and inexperience still shows. Hard to gauge this team, as far as play-off calibre, when, after Oregon, they had a run of 5 teams that aren't just bad, but really bad.

While a good QB, Clifford played hurt and still put up 360+ yards (3rd down efficiency was solid). Of course he also threw the ball 52x (lol).

After Nebraska next week the Buckeyes got Purdue and Michigan State at home, and then finish away in Michigan. I don't see those last three games as a calk walk for OSU. That's going to be a helluva battle when MSU comes to Columbus, and the battle of two solid, young RBs. Hope this run toughens them up more, and gets them ready to play, be competitive, if they make it. But their defense is still their Achille's Heel IMO.

If OSU makes it though, they will have earned it IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-31-2021 at 06:00 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    UVA comes back in the final seconds to defeat #25 BYU in Provo, 42-38.

Oh wait, I’m being told that’s the halftime score.
    The final was 66-49 BYU (I had to go check and thought I might save others the search).

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    While they have gotten better - but who have they played prior to yesterday and since the loss to Oregon? - Ohio State's youth and inexperience still shows. Hard to gauge this team, as far as play-off calibre, when, after Oregon, they had a run of 5 teams that aren't just bad, but really bad.

While a good QB, Clifford played hurt and still put up 360+ yards (3rd down efficiency was solid). Of course he also threw the ball 52x (lol).

After Nebraska next week the Buckeyes got Purdue and Michigan State at home, and then finish away in Michigan. I don't see those last three games as a calk walk for OSU. That's going to be a helluva battle when MSU comes to Columbus, and the battle of two solid, young RBs. Hope this run toughens them up more, and gets them ready to play, be competitive, if they make it. But their defense is still their Achille's Heel IMO.

If OSU makes it though, they will have earned it IMO.
    I don't think Purdue can give OSU a game but I agree with your general premise. It'll be mid November before the Buckeyes get a challenging in-conference game. If Oregon continues to win out, it'll be tougher on OSU. Too many scenarios to predict here, but there sure are lots of reasons to watch college football in November this year. Maybe, just maybe, my Volunteers can give Georgia some trouble.

It’s absurd MSU didn’t jump OSU

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't think Purdue can give OSU a game but I agree with your general premise. It'll be mid November before the Buckeyes get a challenging in-conference game. If Oregon continues to win out, it'll be tougher on OSU. Too many scenarios to predict here, but there sure are lots of reasons to watch college football in November this year. Maybe, just maybe, my Volunteers can give Georgia some trouble.
    Oregon St is going to beat Oregon.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Of course, the poll today means nothing. First CFP poll all that matters.

I think right now it should be:

Georgia
    Michigan St
    Cincinnati
    Alabama
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Of course, the poll today means nothing. First CFP poll all that matters.

I think right now it should be:

Georgia
    Michigan St
    Cincinnati
    Alabama
    I don’t think they are gonna put Sparty at 2 and even though Oklahoma doesn’t deserve it they will be in there.

Still think the playoff ends up Georgia, Ohio State, UC, Oregon

I just don't see how Oregon can climb that high in the Pac-12 with a loss. That league is SO bad.

10. Likes:

GAC (11-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I just don't see how Oregon can climb that high in the Pac-12 with a loss. That league is SO bad.
    Ohio State wins out.
    Oregon wins out.
    UC wins out.
    Alabama loses.
    Oklahoma loses.

That gives you a fight between Oregon, Oklahoma and possibly Oklahoma St and Wake Forest that I believe Oregon will win. Conference championship with a road win over another conference championship is a pretty good case even if the PAC sucks. That’s the only reason it’s not a slam dunk.

I think I'd take Notre Dame over Oregon. And that's not an endorsement of Notre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think I'd take Notre Dame over Oregon. And that's not an endorsement of Notre Dame.
    They have a best win problem in that argument. Maybe Wisconsin ends up looking good?

I'd balance best win against worst loss. Stanford is bad. No team losing to Stanford belongs anywhere near a playoff.

TCU fires Gary Patterson, effective immediately.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    TCU fires Gary Patterson, effective immediately.
    *mutually agreed to part ways*

I’d say it’s a bidding war between them and Texas Tech for Sonny Dykes at the end of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Interesting bowl projections by ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-forest-fit-in

Maryland-WVU rematch in Phoenix and Ohio State-Oregon rematch in the Rose Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?