Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread Part Two The Road to the Playoffs

Re: 2021 College Football Thread Part Two The Road to the Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    In less surprising Oklahoma news, Spencer Rattler has entered the transfer portal.
    Wonder where he will go. Most probably assume like Arizona or Arizona St. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes somewhere totally random like Texas or Purdue or something.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

I do wonder if Brohm ends up getting some looks at Oklahoma or one of the other big open jobs

Offensive minded coach and Purdue was actually a lot of fun to watch this year

Lane Kiffin has to be laughing right now. I could see him ending up in Baton Rogue or Norman

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nick Saban.
    The Dolphins were on their way to a 6-10 season. AZ is in first place. No comparison. You don't leave a 1st place team to head to college

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-29-2021)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Dolphins were on their way to a 6-10 season. AZ is in first place. No comparison. You don't leave a 1st place team to head to college
    Especially when you are set with a young franchise QB in a young, star QB deficient conference

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    I do wonder if Brohm ends up getting some looks at Oklahoma or one of the other big open jobs

Offensive minded coach and Purdue was actually a lot of fun to watch this year

Lane Kiffin has to be laughing right now. I could see him ending up in Baton Rogue or Norman
    BZ floated Brohm and Fickell in the UK football thread if Stoops leaves. I don’t see Fickell considering Lexington and even if he does if/when Ryan Day goes back to the NFL then they would lose him to Ohio State.

Brohm just seems like the guy who replaces the guy who takes Oklahoma. Kentucky just seems like an odd fit with Louisville ties but Kenny Payne worked out for us in basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Brohm isn't going to coach Kentucky. Brohm and Payne are pretty differnt things.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Brohm isn't going to coach Kentucky. Brohm and Payne are pretty differnt things.
    Elaborate. I agree with you in that I think Louisville would can Satterfield to create an opening to get Brohm if they thought Kentucky was serious but I’m curious to your take on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

My Vols made it into the top 25 in one poll:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021...the-wild-fun/5

It's a start

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-29-2021),Revering4Blue (11-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Greg, Jeff, Brian and Oscar Brohm all grew up in Louisville and played at Louisville. Kenny Payne came from Georgia to play 4 years under Denny Crum. Not quite the same family connection to the city or the rivalry. If Petrino was still at Louisville killing it, that would be one thing. But there's no way Jeff Brohm is turning down Louisville and three years later turning around and taking the Kentucky job. Donna Brohm would disown him!

You could point to Howard Schnellenberger as a precedent, but every Louisville fan knows Schnellenberger would have taken the UK job in a heartbeat over Louisville if offered. But it never was. UK never hired Roy Kidd or Howard Schnellenberger because...I guess Cliff Hagan was an idiot. But I'm glad, because Howard is a hero at Louisville, and I loved going to Richmond for EKU games while Kidd was still there. (I was a big fan of Jerry Claiborne, too, by the way. We had some great coaches and people with Claiborne, Schnellenberger, Mallory and Kidd all coaching in the region at the same time).
    Last edited by Boston Red; 11-29-2021 at 03:28 PM.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-29-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Wonder where he will go. Most probably assume like Arizona or Arizona St. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes somewhere totally random like Texas or Purdue or something.
    Purdue has a hot shot homegrown QB coming in next year. Brady Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Purdue has a hot shot homegrown QB coming in next year. Brady Allen.
    17th ranked QB in the class. That is very solid for Purdon't, but he will be a true freshman. Getting a 1 year transfer like Rattler makes even more sense if that is Plan A.

17th ranked QB in the class. That is very solid for Purdon't, but he will be a true freshman. Getting a 1 year transfer like Rattler makes even more sense if that is Plan A.
    I have no idea if O'Connell is gonna return for a 5th season...and the Boilers have Plummer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I have no idea if O'Connell is gonna return for a 5th season...and the Boilers have Plummer as well.
    Plummer isn't any good. I know Rattler gets a ton of crap for his performance earlier this season, but he was fantastic in 2020 and was the #1 recruit in the country out of HS. If that O'Connell guy comes back, sure, roll with him. If he does not, and Rattler wants to come to Purdue (which is a long shot), you absolutely take him and who cares how Plummer takes it.

Plummer isn't any good. I know Rattler gets a ton of crap for his performance earlier this season, but he was fantastic in 2020 and was the #1 recruit in the country out of HS. If that O'Connell guy comes back, sure, roll with him. If he does not, and Rattler wants to come to Purdue (which is a long shot), you absolutely take him and who cares how Plummer takes it.
    True, if Spencer likes the scenery in West Lafayette then I am sure the Boilers can accommodate him.

Seeing reports that Venables will take the OU job.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?