Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals - Part Four

Re: Cincinnati Bengals - Part Four

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    He's better than Carson and Dalton for sure and potential to be an All-Timer. But what games has be won himself so far?

Not trying to be a troll by any means, but he's not there. . . .yet. To me, he's not in the Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc category. . .. yet. He will need Joe to get there.
    Mahomes has Kelce and Hill...Rodgers has Adams and Jones...Brady had Gronk and Moss...now he has Evans and Brown...Brees had Thomas and Kamara....none of these guys did it exactly on their own.

Burrow is playing well and the surrounding cast including the offensive line is getting better each week....there is a lot to be excited for. I for one am going to ride the wave of destroying Pitts for a few days.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 11-30-2021 at 06:25 AM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

The schedule is just tough the rest of the way. Looking through the rest of the AFC contenders outside the AFC North it looks much easier.

Even the last place #17 crossover game vs. the 2020 last place 49ers suddenly looks like a tough one against a physical team.

The only positive is the Bengals seem to have played better against the top teams. In addition to the rest of the AFC North having a tough sled the rest of the way (Baltimore with four AFC North games + GB and the Rams). Need the Steelers and Browns to find a way to split with the Ravens. The Chargers game becomes important with potential WC tiebreakers down the road.

Agreed the schedule is tough, they need to convert all of those home games into W's...Herbert and his scrambling ability worry me a bit this week.

Supposedly they simplified the Defense during the bye so we will see if what we saw last week was more like the first few weeks of the season

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The schedule is just tough the rest of the way. Looking through the rest of the AFC contenders outside the AFC North it looks much easier.

Even the last place #17 crossover game vs. the 2020 last place 49ers suddenly looks like a tough one against a physical team.

The only positive is the Bengals seem to have played better against the top teams. In addition to the rest of the AFC North having a tough sled the rest of the way (Baltimore with four AFC North games + GB and the Rams). Need the Steelers and Browns to find a way to split with the Ravens. The Chargers game becomes important with potential WC tiebreakers down the road.
    I don't trust remaining strength of schedule rankings after all we heard this summer was about the easy road the Reds had in September. You're right, I think the Bengals can beat anybody so I don't schedule strength is a factor.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

It's all about the matchups.

Chargers run defense is suspect. It's tough to steal games on the road.

I say 23-17 Bengals, if it's good QB weather. If bad weather, I expect Herbert to be the difference as the Bengals D lets him either run all over them or 15 yard personal foul penalties, or both. Sloppy conditions + Mobile QB + NFL rules on "tackling" QBs = 24-13 Chargers.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

As a Bengal fan I want no more layups like the Jets or Bears. Let's take on the tough teams and go get 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    It's all about the matchups.

Chargers run defense is suspect. It's tough to steal games on the road.

I say 23-17 Bengals, if it's good QB weather. If bad weather, I expect Herbert to be the difference as the Bengals D lets him either run all over them or 15 yard personal foul penalties, or both. Sloppy conditions + Mobile QB + NFL rules on "tackling" QBs = 24-13 Chargers.
    Herbert is a running QB? How is he going to run all over them? You already assume that they will have personal foul penalties? If the Bengals can run on the Steelers they sure as heck can run on the Chargers and Herbert not a better QB then Burrow. Don’t care what the weather is like.

I know you’re jaded about this team actually being good but you’re looking under the most weird ways to convince yourself they will find a way to lose. At least you’re not a Bengal fan who’s really a Steelers lover and admirer while being convinced they can just trade for Rodgers without any problem.

Bengals game vs the 49ers has been flexed to 4:25pm:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...eek-14-matchup

"So Fla Red"

I was surprised they didn't flex the Chargers game.

With Burrow everything has a different feel. They can beat anyone on any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Herbert is a running QB? How is he going to run all over them? You already assume that they will have personal foul penalties? If the Bengals can run on the Steelers they sure as heck can run on the Chargers and Herbert not a better QB then Burrow. Don’t care what the weather is like.
    Poor weather favors the Chargers, in my opinion. Herbert scrambles a lot, yes, from what I have seen. I think any team facing a scrambling QB has the same problems because of the rules that protect QBs.

I know you’re jaded about this team actually being good but you’re looking under the most weird ways to convince yourself they will find a way to lose. At least you’re not a Bengal fan who’s really a Steelers lover and admirer while being convinced they can just trade for Rodgers without any problem.
    Nah man, I'm hyped about this iteration. And the more I think about it, I doubt Rodgers wants any part of the AFC North. Doubtful the Steelers have the cap for him anyway.

Not sure how much you have watched of Herbert, but I don't think he is to be taken lightly.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Poor weather favors the Chargers, in my opinion. Herbert scrambles a lot, yes, from what I have seen. I think any team facing a scrambling QB has the same problems because of the rules that protect QBs.

Nah man, I'm hyped about this iteration. And the more I think about it, I doubt Rodgers wants any part of the AFC North. Doubtful the Steelers have the cap for him anyway.

Not sure how much you have watched of Herbert, but I don't think he is to be taken lightly.
    Did poor weather favor Dan Fouts in 40 below...c'mon man (randy moss voice)

SD has to travel and play a 1pm game that is a huge factor for Sunday that you failed to mention. One of the reasons I am glad they were not flexed.

13. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-30-2021),oregonred (11-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Did poor weather favor Dan Fouts in 40 below...c'mon man (randy moss voice)

SD has to travel and play a 1pm game that is a huge factor for Sunday that you failed to mention. One of the reasons I am glad they were not flexed.
    Sorry, I read it in more of a Gob from Arrested Development voice.

I agree though, the 1pm start favors the Bengals.

"So Fla Red"

That's a good point. The Chargers laid a complete egg (34-6) in Baltimore with a 1pm start in Week 6.

Losing this game would not shock me after the Jets game. However I have not seen where Herbert scrambling is going to put fear into the Bengals D after dealing with Lemar Jackson the last 2 prior seasons.

This is an EXCELLENT quick watch from Orlavsky on the Bengals' execution of the zone blocking scheme under Pollack - gives you some insight into the work that the line has been putting in to get to this point - and Mixon's role in that - really really interesting...

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...131962880?s=20
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-30-2021),forfreelin04 (12-02-2021)

Turn Off Ads?