Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals - Part Four

Re: Cincinnati Bengals - Part Four

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I mean, the only argument he has is that Burrow has accounted for 16 of the 19 Bengals turnovers. That's . . . .not good.
    Peyton threw even more in his younger years. It is something Joe will have to work on and I think he will if his O-line gets better

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Honestly I think the line is fine enough not to use a day 1 pick on. Now if Tyler Linderbaum falls then by all means…

The biggest addition was bringing Pollack back. Reiff and Carman as well but if they do draft it will be to replace Reiff.

Looking way ahead to the draft the priority needs to be CB, Edge, OL.
    I believe they will re-sign both Reiff and Spain. If that's the case, then Tyler Linderbaum is the #1 guy on my board. Problem is, he's 100% going in the Top 10-15, and there's no other center I would draft in the 1st or 2nd round. But if Reiff isn't re-signed, I could totally see them not draft a tackle and just slide Carman outside and piss people here off lol.

Larry OG, B.J. Hill, and Josh Tupou are all impending free agents. Depending on who they re-sign, I might put DT>edge. Additions are needed everywhere, though. We need a shutdown corner, another TE potentially, safety/LB/WR depth. Huber might retire. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they spent one of their two fourths on Matt Araiza out of SDSU, but I'd bet he goes a lot earlier. Two 80+ punts this year, longest being 86 yards. Never seen anything like it before.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Peyton threw even more in his younger years. It is something Joe will have to work on and I think he will if his O-line gets better
    I understand. But had we only focused on getting a better OL we wouldn't have to worry about Isaiah Prince starting on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    agreed, he tries to do a bit too much or hangs on to the ball too long...hopefully that changes with age. Favre was a turnover machine his first few years in the league.
    He has to find that happy medium. I prefer Burrow's style to Andy's. It'll win our more games in the long run but lose a few too. That's the nature of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Having recently seen pics of his SI model girlfriend for the first time, I’m not so sure Goff could give a rats a** about football. He’s winning. All day, every day.
    Also:

Jared Goff signed a 4 year, $134,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $110,042,682 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $33,500,000.
    That dude is going to have a fun next 50 years haha
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I understand. But had we only focused on getting a better OL we wouldn't have to worry about Isaiah Prince starting on the line.
    Injuries forced Prince to start he actually did fairly well 70.5 PFF grade on passing sets...I have not seen the numbers on Hill but I expect them to be bad.

Not many teams have starter quality lineman on the bench...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

9. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-07-2021)

Why are they testing after games and not before...doesn't make sense.
    I think everyone gets tested Monday mornings, though gameday seems like it would make more sense, doesn't it?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

That dude is going to have a fun next 50 years haha
    But, he'll still have to live with the thought that he totally sucked as an NFL Quarterback. You see Ryan Leaf doing small-time sports talk shows, and it's still embarrassing to look at him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They drafted a perennial All-Pro LT and a perennial All-Pro C for Peyton immediately. Completely different.

Joe Burrow makes this Offensive Line look much better than it is, though it is much better than it was last season, thank goodness. We have a great O-Line Coach. Makes the difference here just as it did in Indy. Still need a 1st Round Tackle drafted, who can play G his first season and be a fill-in T when needed until moving over full-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    But, he'll still have to live with the thought that he totally sucked as an NFL Quarterback. You see Ryan Leaf doing small-time sports talk shows, and it's still embarrassing to look at him.
    He made it to a Super Bowl

In what world is Ryan Leaf comparable to Jared Goff?

15. Likes:

Betterread (12-07-2021),RiverRat13 (12-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    In what world is Ryan Leaf comparable to Jared Goff?
    Agreed Goff on the right team with the right contract would do well I look at Goff as a Dalton type or even a Tannehill...he did go 28 and 7 and 32 and 12 with the Rams just a few years ago. The talent is there.

They drafted a perennial All-Pro LT and a perennial All-Pro C for Peyton immediately. Completely different.

Joe Burrow makes this Offensive Line look much better than it is, though it is much better than it was last season, thank goodness. We have a great O-Line Coach. Makes the difference here just as it did in Indy. Still need a 1st Round Tackle drafted, who can play G his first season and be a fill-in T when needed until moving over full-time.
    They actually did what Cincinnati did the year before they drafted Burrow by getting a LT in place before taking the QB. The Colts hit with Tarik Glenn, it remains to be seen with Jonah Williams.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They actually did what Cincinnati did the year before they drafted Burrow by getting a LT in place before taking the QB. The Colts hit with Tarik Glenn, it remains to be seen with Jonah Williams.
    Willaims has been really solid all season...is he at an All Pro level not yet but with another year or 2 of coaching he could get there.

Tied for 5th amongst tackles in sacks allowed with 5 and grades out according to PFF at 75.8 that's pretty good

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-08-2021)

Agreed Goff on the right team with the right contract would do well I look at Goff as a Dalton type or even a Tannehill...he did go 28 and 7 and 32 and 12 with the Rams just a few years ago. The talent is there.
    He’s also not a psychotic drug addict like Leaf was

Turn Off Ads?