Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Tucker Barnhart Traded to Detroit Tigers

Re: Tucker Barnhart Traded to Detroit Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Detroit’s a tough place to hit, but … yeah.
    This isn't really true anymore IIRC, they moved the fences in a few years ago. It plays more neutral now IIRC. Also, the gaps are huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Next year he could be cheap. I have a feeling we may see him back at a low price.
    I too would not be surprised by this, however, I would hope they could do better.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-09-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Detroit’s a tough place to hit, but … yeah. Not good.

That said, I would take Tucker back in a heartbeat as a backup in 2023 over Papierski, Romine, Garcia, etc.
    Sure if he wanted to get paid less than Austin Barnes (2 million) But I would not be surprised if he walks away from the game

Tuck was perfectly cromulent last year, considering the position and his other qualities as a backstop. Guy really fell off starting in the second half of last season, so it might not be a mirage.

I would give him an invite to camp, but wouldn't put real dollars on a contract. Perhaps with solid incentives around hitting.

Like Alpha said, I would want the Reds to do better, especially given Tyler's health and that I don't think betting on Tuck to stay healthy is wise given the miles on his glove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    IMO Reds would have been better off paying Barnhart and keeping him as backup/shared catching duties with TySteve. He's better defensively than any of the others. He new the pitchers and maybe helped them out more and would have been about the same hitting wise. But as we know it all came down to dollars and as usual the Reds cheaped out.

For $7.5m? That is not being cheap, that is making a good baseball decision. Now, if Barnhart would agree to a minor league deal and a non roster invite to spring training next season, that sounds a lot better. Maybe a one year deal for $1m?

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-09-2022)

But if the Reds had paid Barnhart, they wouldn't have been able to acquire Minor and assemble this juggernaut around him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-10-2022),Chip R (08-09-2022),LeatherPants (08-09-2022),Mitri (08-10-2022),pahster (08-09-2022),REDREAD (08-11-2022),wlf WV (08-10-2022),Wonderful Monds (08-09-2022)

I’d like to see Tucker come back to Cincinnati at some point...as a manager. I’m a little biased as I lived in a Brownsburg, IN for 8 years and became good friends with Tucker and his Dad, Kevin. Great baseball minds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes:

goreds2 (08-10-2022),mth123 (08-09-2022),Old school 1983 (08-09-2022),wlf WV (08-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RollyInRaleigh View Post
    I’d like to see Tucker come back to Cincinnati at some point...as a manager. I’m a little biased as I lived in a Brownsburg, IN for 8 years and became good friends with Tucker and his Dad, Kevin. Great baseball minds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually agree with this statement. In fact, I would like Tucker to begin as manager in 2023.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (08-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I actually agree with this statement. In fact, I would like Tucker to begin as manager in 2023.
    I thought we were all voting for Corky as manager? Whatever happened to him?
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

15. Likes:

757690 (08-09-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-09-2022)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Tucker could be manager/back up catcher.

Just like Pete was when he first returned to manage/play for us.

Perhaps Pete can return as well.

Discuss.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (08-10-2022),Patrick Bateman (08-10-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-10-2022)

Tucker was great in Hustle. He definitely has a future in Hollywood.

Name:  Hustles-Rex-and-Vince-Merrick-Based-On-Real-76ers-Owners.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  244.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Tucker could be manager/back up catcher.

Just like Pete was when he first returned to manage/play for us.

Perhaps Pete can return as well.

Discuss.
    Pete was the last player manager, I think the role is now extinct. Age of specialization dictates thus

20. Likes:

redsmetz (08-10-2022),Revering4Blue (08-10-2022)

Nick Quintana, btw, is at something like .840 at Chattanooga and has been on fire for the last month. Has always had good plate discipline but has notched that up this year. Could yet turn out to be a very useful piece.

22. Likes:

goreds2 (08-10-2022),Tom Servo (08-10-2022),WrongVerb (08-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Nick Quintana, btw, is at something like .840 at Chattanooga and has been on fire for the last month. Has always had good plate discipline but has notched that up this year. Could yet turn out to be a very useful piece.
    Quintana's BB% same as last year, K% same as last year, ISO same as last year, batted ball peripherals about the same (pulling a little more). Only big difference is 150 point difference in BABIP.

He's probably not as bad as he was last year, but not as good as he's been this year.

He turns 25 in a couple of months and has less than 1 month of play above A ball. He's the kind of guy you don't protect from the upcoming Rule 5 draft while having your fingers crossed he's not selected even though in all likelihood he's going to bomb and bomb hard if he's kept on a 26 man roster for any period of time in 2023.

I'm not holding out hope, but there's always a chance.

24. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (08-10-2022)

Quintana's K rate in the minors prior to this year was 25.6%, this year's it's 22.5%; his W rate prior to this year was 11.9%, this year it's 15.2. As I said, he's notched it up this year.

Quintana's walk rate in A ball (347 PA's) last year was 14.7%, this year in A+ (218 PA's) 15.1%, this year in AA (124 PA's) 15.3%. It's the same.

His strikeout rate in A ball last year was 21.0%, this year in A+ 23.9%, this year in AA 20.2%. It's the same.

His ISO in A ball last year was .150, this year in A+ .164, this year in AA .143. It's the same.

The big difference is his BABIP....was .227 in A ball last year, .325 in A+ this year, and .372 in AA this year.

Turn Off Ads?