Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Morosi: Reds Listening on Castillo Already

Re: Morosi: Reds Listening on Castillo Already

First they came for Tucker and I said "that's ok"

Then they came from Miley and I said "say what?"

Now they're coming for Castillo and I say "I look forward to watching the Reds sign Matt Harvey who will make 10 starts next year before his arm literally falls off mid-game"

2. Likes:

NC Reds (11-08-2021),REDREAD (11-09-2021),Redsfaithful (11-08-2021),RedTeamGo! (11-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I really don't get your hard-on for Krall. He seems like a fairly run-of-the-mill GM. His owner's telling him to disfigure the club and every other team knows it. Hell, Castellini probably tells that to the other owners directly. Yet they had a good draft, Krall picked up some useful relievers at the deadline and he managed to salvage a team that had an authentic shot at the postseason even after Castellini caught the arson bug last winter.

Outside of Hunter Greene and Nick Lodolo being instant hits and a whole bunch of manna from heaven in the lineup, there's no GM that's going to take a scouring of the roster and spin it into gold.
    Because some GMs have this talent called “creativity” - Krall lacks it
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Chip R (11-17-2021),CySeymour (11-08-2021),REDREAD (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    They’d be just stupid enough to peddle Castillo and Mahle while retaining Gray. And then the usual suspects would barf up a lot of excuses for the Nicks & Dicks (like what’s happening in the Miley thread), which would result in a lot of laughs, some memories, and the reminder that the true treasure was the friends we’d made along the way.
    No, they're definitely getting rid of Sonny. There's no way they're getting to the end of next season with him and an option they absolutely will not exercise.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2021)

Poor Joey and other players on the Reds. It makes what he’s done here even more remarkable, taking into account the debilitating effect it must have on one’s psyche.
    May the Lord bless

9. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2021),Redsfaithful (11-08-2021)

Sigh. I like Castillo and am hopeful he still has many great years left pitching for the Reds. I'm guessing he's gone by year's end.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Because some GMs have this talent called “creativity” - Krall lacks it
    Hard to be creative when your owner has shown everyone your cards. No one wants to be the sucker who offered the Reds a fair deal when they're practically begging to get taken.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-11-2021),SirFelixCat (11-08-2021)

Of course teams are calling on Castillo and of course Krall is listening. That's kind of his job. I'm going to reserve judgement until we get something more substantial

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-11-2021)

Hard to be creative when your owner has shown everyone your cards. No one wants to be the sucker who offered the Reds a fair deal when they're practically begging to get taken.
    Everyone knows the Rays have zero money, yet they continue to get good returns. Magic?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

17. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2021)

Well, yeah. The Reds just chummed the water and there's 29 sharks circling their boat. And just wait until they get a "not for Castillo, but we'd move Sonny Gray for that price" offer.
    Actually, the sharks are the baseball reporters looking for a story.

They see what the Reds did with Miley, start calling other GM’s to see if the Reds are trying to trade other players. The GM’s give the standard, “we inquired about X,Y and Z and the Reds didn’t hang up the phone.” The reporters then spin it the best way they can into a clickable story.

We saw this last year, and it all was noise. My guess that is what it is this year as well. We will see.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Everyone knows the Rays have zero money, yet they continue to get good returns. Magic?
    They generally aren't being asked to clear cut the roster. They keep the payroll in the basement, which means they theoretically could keep a guy around unless they get a good offer for him. With the Reds it's a game of what's the best thing you can get from them for the lowest price? Because they're going to do something desperate.

20. Likes:

membengal (11-08-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Everyone knows the Rays have zero money, yet they continue to get good returns.
    So do the Brewers if one continues to throw out the tired "A's and Rays can operate as they do because they have very small paying fanbases" argument.

Magic?
    You called it earlier, it's lack of imagination from ownership, and not just Cast, on down.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

22. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-08-2021),REDREAD (11-09-2021),RedTeamGo! (11-08-2021)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    Poor Joey and other players on the Reds. It makes what he’s done here even more remarkable, taking into account the debilitating effect it must have on one’s psyche.
    Maybe, but the 2nd wildcard was there for the taking this year on a $130M payroll and the club collectively wet the bed over the final five weeks.

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    You called it earlier, it's lack of imagination from ownership, and not just Cast, on down.
    I'd say it's chaos from the owner, who seemingly can't stick with anything for more than a year, and that creates organizational dysfunction.

26. Likes:

757690 (11-08-2021),MikeS21 (11-08-2021),RedsfaninMT (11-09-2021)

When I first read the title of this thread, I had to check the date because this is like the third thread with basically the same exact title. With the exception of a handful of players, the FO should be listening to every offer.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

28. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-11-2021)

I'd say it's chaos from the owner, who seemingly can't stick with anything for more than a year, and that creates organizational dysfunction.
    "there’s a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that’ll be a home run,”

30. Likes:

M2 (11-08-2021),Redsfaithful (11-08-2021),Ron Madden (11-11-2021)

Turn Off Ads?