Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Morosi: Reds Listening on Castillo Already

Re: Morosi: Reds Listening on Castillo Already

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    In case you missed it the Reds going into September were in the 2nd wildcard with a 70% chance of making the post season. You picked a bad year to opt out when 2014-2019 were available.
    I strongly disagree, but that's ok. I don't care about the Ws and Ls, as much as I care about that there is a plan of action. I know that's an odd thing to say/type. Ws and Ls can be fluky. Plans are not. 2014-2019, I could understand what they were doing. The last offseason was flat out incompetent.

Like I mentioned, I knew they had talent. I knew they were close. I knew that they would fall short due to not making the final moves. A wise puppet once said, "Do or Do not, there is no try."
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

2. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2021),RedsBrick (11-11-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I mean, you do you, but you missed Votto cementing himself as a Hall of Famer, lol.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-09-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

In case you missed it the Reds going into September were in the 2nd wildcard with a 70% chance of making the post season. You picked a bad year to opt out when 2014-2019 were available.
    He got to miss one of the most epic, mind-numbing yet frustrating collapses in recent memory. I think he came out alright.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

7. Likes:

joshua (11-11-2021),REDREAD (11-09-2021),texasdave (11-09-2021)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    He got to miss one of the most epic, mind-numbing yet frustrating collapses in recent memory. I think he came out alright.
    Yes, the Padres collapse in August and September was historic

9. Likes:

757690 (11-09-2021),Ron Madden (11-11-2021),westofyou (11-09-2021)

Yes, the Padres collapse in August and September was historic
    That’s cute.

The Reds could have played well down the stretch and still ended up short of the Cards - they won like 69 games in a row
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

Chip R (11-19-2021),Revering4Blue (11-09-2021),Rojo Rijo (11-09-2021),Ron Madden (11-11-2021),Roy Tucker (11-09-2021),westofyou (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Reds could have played well down the stretch and still ended up short of the Cards - they won like 69 games in a row
    Absolutely. Maybe if the Reds could have taken a couple more, things might have been different. Doubtful, but we’ll never know.

But the fact that they came up short isn’t what made it so miserable. They were flat awful. Maybe the baseball gods only allow a certain amount of good ball to be played in our division at once, and they rationed it all to STL and took most of it from us. It’s a weird theory, but I need to believe it.

Votto’s campaign made it worth it, but it was touch & go for a week or two.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2021),texasdave (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Oh, forgot. “69!!!!! HAHAHAHA”

Name:  7988A607-2336-4929-9888-05F1BB8F1A46.jpeg
Views: 405
Size:  47.1 KB

16. Likes:

Chip R (11-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hard to be creative when your owner has shown everyone your cards. No one wants to be the sucker who offered the Reds a fair deal when they're practically begging to get taken.
    Well, Krall could have gotten something for Miley.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your theory was that Krall was the one pulling the strings from 2019 onward (maybe I have the exact date wrong).
    If so, credit to him for signing Miley and Castanallos.. but unfortunately ignoring the need for a bullpen, and signing Moose and Shogo kind of put us in this mess.
    If someone wants to say Krall did not start last year, I am fine with that too.. but then the point has to be made.. he has not had one greattransaction yet.
    He waited until the absolute last minute to get bullpen help, when we needed it on opening day.. No doubt to save costs.
    He could have given up better prospect and not been saddled with Justin William (even it if meant trading with another club).
    Why take on William if you know the team is going to be severely cash strapped?

I personally don't like splitting hairs of what is Dick's trade and what is Krall's trade. I just see no evidence that he's a competent GM.
    Picking up relievers at the deadline from teams that want to dump salary is relatively easy.
    Getting an actual good future major leaguer for Castillo is a lot harder. That will be his test for sure.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

18. Likes:

joshua (11-11-2021),Revering4Blue (11-09-2021),Roy Tucker (11-09-2021)

Castillo is projected to earn 7+ million in arbitration year. Fortunately the Reds have until December 1 to decide on whether to tender a contract so at least they have a few more weeks to find someone interested in him before they would have to consider releasing him. Hopefully teams won't hide their interest like the Cubs did with Miley, that was kinda mean.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

20. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2021),Redsfaithful (11-09-2021),RedTeamGo! (11-09-2021),wally post (11-10-2021),westofyou (11-09-2021),wlf WV (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

I am hoping they are trying to transition to a Rays/Indians/Brewers philosophy of trying to compete with a lower payroll. Focus on scouting and development. But it’s just a hope.
    They've been promising the fans they were going to do that ever since Marge left and they still haven't figured out how to do it yet.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

22. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Castillo is projected to earn 7+ million in arbitration year. Fortunately the Reds have until December 1 to decide on whether to tender a contract so at least they have a few more weeks to find someone interested in him before they would have to consider releasing him. Hopefully teams won't hide their interest like the Cubs did with Miley, that was kinda mean.
    TERRIFIC. Yes, it was mean.
    Last edited by wlf WV; 11-09-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    May the Lord bless

Absolutely. Maybe if the Reds could have taken a couple more, things might have been different. Doubtful, but we’ll never know.

But the fact that they came up short isn’t what made it so miserable. They were flat awful. Maybe the baseball gods only allow a certain amount of good ball to be played in our division at once, and they rationed it all to STL and took most of it from us. It’s a weird theory, but I need to believe it.

Votto’s campaign made it worth it, but it was touch & go for a week or two.
    yep, the start of the season was incredibly frustrating to see Suarez fail to play SS (not his fault, he was asked to) and the relief pitching just be awful.
    The middle was good.
    The end was horrible.

Honestly, if Krall had gotten them a decent RH bat at the deadline, that might have made a huge difference. Of course, coming into the season with a legit SS and bullpen would have helped too.
    That tough stretch in the schedule (50-60 games) when the Reds played well was great, the rest of the season was pretty painful.
    Reds had such a huge lead on the Cards, they could have still gone to the playoffs, in spite of the Card's heroics.. But finishing the season with winning only about 1/3 of their games for a month or so.. that's what killed them.

25. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    2014-2019, I could understand what they were doing.
    Being the drizzling squirts and going nowhere.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

27. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2021),Revering4Blue (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Being the drizzling squirts and going nowhere.
    Those years were the equivalent of having a car on blocks in the front yard and telling everyone it would be racing soon.

29. Likes:

M2 (11-09-2021),Mitri (11-09-2021),oregonred (11-09-2021),REDREAD (11-09-2021),Revering4Blue (11-09-2021),wally post (11-10-2021)

Turn Off Ads?