Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dexter Reboot - SPOILERS -

Dexter Reboot - SPOILERS -

SPOILER ALERT

Why in the flipping world is Harrison (Dexter's son) being played by a 22 year old actor when based on the show's own timeline he should be 12 years old (having been born in March of 2009)?

This is really annoying me after watching the first episode of the reboot.

Harrison's mother, Rita, married Dexter while she was pregnant during the final episode of season 3 which was set in October of 2008 (aired December of 2008).

During the first episode of season 4 set in October of 2009 (aired September of 2009), he was an infant.

Harrison celebrates his 1st birthday with his Irish nanny Sonya on the beach in the season 5 finale set in March of 2010 (aired December of 2010).

In the season 8 finale set in August of 2012 (aired September of 2013) he was 4 years old according to his Aunt Deb {though he should have only been 3}

During the first episode of the reboot you see Dexter (AKA Jim) checking off the 9th of December on a 2021 calendar.....so about 9 and 1/2 years have passed.

Annoying me!!!

Furthermore, how did this 12 year old, strike that - 22 year old man...sigh - track him down in upstate New York? Remember, Harrison and his pretend mom, Hannah, flew too Argentina in the finale of season 8 and she read the news article online stating Dex had likely drowned during the Tropical Storm (though we know he was now living as a log trucker in Oregon). He clearly wasn't in contact with them based on his comments during the first episode of the reboot in conversation with ghost Deb.

https://dexter.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Events

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dexter Reboot - SPOILERS -

Terrible, terrible reboot.

Hated everything about it.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

After the final season(s) did anyone expect anything better?

Hollywood messes with the space time continuum all the time. If the show/movie is a hit, no one cares. If it’s a flop, no one cares.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Not just the final season, those last 2 or 3 were awful. I took the bait on this new season's e1, but I'm reserving judgement for now. I think I want it to be good more than it will be. But there's a lot of potential with Harrison's arc.

Deb being an over the top annoying screaming ghost was a bad call. I liked her char and she shouldn't be doing this. Also Dexter is meticulous...are we to believe he'd just all of a sudden become sloppy? Lots of issues, but yeah I'm giving it a chance.

I don't think he's ever going to be able to keep Dee Dee out of his laboratory.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Deb was great, I don't think any Dexter fan would disagree. But this screaming dead version of Deb needs to go away. It's bad and she deserves to rest in peace here. Don't tarnish her like this.

You guys thought the hurricane was bad…I just finished the final episode - this entire series reboot was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    You guys thought the hurricane was bad…I just finished the final episode - this entire series reboot was awful.
    Horrible.

Turn Off Ads?