Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Congratulations to Jonathan India, 2021 NL Rookie of the Year

Re: Congratulations to Jonathan India, 2021 NL Rookie of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Yeah, really. We haven't even broached the subject of what comes next for our ROY. This thread is tumbleweeds.
    Well he is already hard at work preparing for 2022 and is excited to join the team in Goodyear. He will work hard and take thongs day by day, put in 110% and the good lord willing will help the team.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

I believe Reds fans were excited about India winning the NL ROY. Every Reds fan expected it.

If he hadn't won it there would be a multitude of comments here about him being cheated out of the award.
    This guy was excited.

A Message from Enquirer Editor Beryl Love
    Congratulations, Jonathan India.
    Full disclosure: I’m a big Reds fan. It’s the one thing for which I toss aside all journalistic objectivity.

They’re my team through thick and thin – even when there’s more thin than thick and wins are harder to come by than a Westsider who thinks Pete Rose deserves his banishment from baseball.

How intense is my fandom? Consider the evidence:

Opening Day is my favorite day of the year. Back when people did such things, I camped out the night before tickets went on sale to make sure I got good seats.

When I lived near D.C., I proudly wore my Johnny Bench jersey at Nationals Park when the Reds were in town.

I was that kid who fell asleep listening to Marty and Joe on the radio when the Reds were on a west-coast swing.

Whether you’re a passive follower or all-in like me, it was a great week to be a Reds fan. For the first time in more than 20 years, a player in a Cincinnati uniform was named National League Rookie of the Year.

Congratulations, Jonathan India.

As an Enquirer subscriber, you were able to read what we’re calling “an oral history” of India’s amazing season, compiled by our lead Reds beat writer Bobby Nightengale. One of my favorite passages, one that gives great insight as to the kind of player India is, came from Reds Manager David Bell:

“It really stands out how much Jonathan loves to play the game. I’ve actually been told we have to watch him because he’ll play (through injuries) no matter what.”

If there’s one thing Reds fans appreciate, it’s heart and hustle.
    https://news.yahoo.com/great-week-re...215951918.html
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 11-20-2021 at 10:13 PM.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-23-2021),DayGameRedLegs (01-19-2022),goreds2 (11-21-2021),oregonred (11-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Yeah, really. We haven't even broached the subject of what comes next for our ROY. This thread is tumbleweeds.
    That's because it's the equivalent of a ninth grade boys class meeting on that girl they lost to the Senior guy in the French Club.

Whoa is me Pierre...

Hunter Green 2022.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-21-2021)

Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    Add the Reds’ Jonathan India, the reigning NL Rookie of the Year, to the list of players who have recently switched to Scott Boras, sources tell @TheAthletic. Also Added: free agent Carlos Correa, and White Sox right-hander Dylan Cease

10. Likes:

RichRed (01-19-2022),Ron Madden (01-19-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

'Jonathan India is now and will forever be my favorite player': Reds' ROY makes fan's day

National League Rookie of the Year winner Jonathan India made fan Patrick Kinman's day recently.

Kinman posted his interaction with the Cincinnati Reds second baseman on Twitter, posting: "Jonathan India is now and will forever be my favorite player"

Kinman, a fan who cannot play baseball due to autism, met India at a Bengals tailgate.

After spending time talking to him, India ended up following Kinman on Instagram and promising him tickets to a Reds game.

India replied to Kinman's tweet: "All love brotha"
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-20-2022),Falls City Beer (01-21-2022),goreds2 (01-20-2022),mth123 (01-20-2022),RiverRat13 (01-20-2022),Ron Madden (01-31-2022)

Nice. How cool would it be to meet India at a Bengals tailgate? I was really hoping Castellanos would do a public signing before leaving.

The Reds have some players that are easy to root for,
    Jonathan India is one of those players.

15. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-31-2022),cumberlandreds (01-31-2022),goreds2 (01-31-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

As the Reds prepare to play in Milwaukee, Willy Adames was named NL Player of the Week on Monday.

Reds had an opening at shortstop last year, but trade talks for Adames never advanced when Tampa Bay asked for Jonathan India and a reliever in return. cincinnati.com/story/sports/m…
    12:40pm · 3 May 2022 ·
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-03-2022)

I would've traded India for Adames in May of 2021. It worked out for the Reds, but that took some guts and a lot of confidence in India not to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I would've traded India for Adames in May of 2021. It worked out for the Reds, but that took some guts and a lot of confidence in India not to pull the trigger.
    lol, if I know our front office, and I think I do, I'm guessing that they would've let India go but balked at giving up one of our great relievers from last year.

Turn Off Ads?