Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to Jonathan India, 2021 NL Rookie of the Year

Re: Congratulations to Jonathan India, 2021 NL Rookie of the Year

A Cincinnati Red, awarded rookie of the year and not even a full page here worth of response. Wow. It's off-season of course, but the Redszone exodus following recent front office moves seems markedly apparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Some of you just aren't cut out to follow baseball. You can't live and die second-guessing every decision for 162 games

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Not en vogue on Redszone to have a positive thread from a homegrown developed future star unless it turns into (yet) another thread on the Reds offseason moves and FO cheapness.

Why celebrate a success in 2021 when you can crawl in the fetal position worrying about what might happen in 2026

4. Likes:

Chip R (11-17-2021),HokieRed (11-17-2021),SunDeck (11-17-2021),Tony Cloninger (11-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Not en vogue on Redszone to have a positive thread from a homegrown developed future star unless it turns into (yet) another thread on the Reds offseason moves and FO cheapness.

Why celebrate a success in 2021 when you can crawl in the fetal position worrying about what might happen in 2026
    It would be a thread about hooray Johnny India and the future looks bright if people were disposed to post about it. They weren't. India won ROY and the thread is a wasteland. I started out with a Ganesha GIF, but it's sort of impossible not to spot the apathy. Threads go where they go. The Reds kind of chose this adventure. Looks like this news generally landed with a thud beyond Redszone too.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

membengal (11-16-2021),Tommyjohn25 (11-17-2021)

Well he was in a playoff race this September
    A couple of thoughts here.

1) The end result of them going “all in” was “being in a playoff race” while the front office ignored one of the leagues worst bullpens for 3 1/2 months before doing the bare minimum to address it. Being in a playoff race after several years of futility, and now heading for likely several more years of futility isn’t something I feel compelled to celebrate. But hey, we’re Reds fans so we’re just supposed to bend over and accept it. I don’t mean to sound nasty and I don’t mean any disrespect, but I don’t see a single reason to feel good about what this organization is doing right now.

2) It speaks volumes to me personally because I know past-me would be throwing a party if a Red won ROY. I’m not even exaggerating…I’d have gathered all of my Reds buddies together to celebrate something that doesn’t happen very often. Now? Present day-me? I’m surprised I cared enough to even reply to this post.

I stand by what I said. The Reds don’t deserve Jonathan India, just like the don’t deserve Joey Votto. They’d both be so much better off literally almost anywhere else.
    Last edited by Tommyjohn25; 11-17-2021 at 01:37 AM.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

8. Likes:

membengal (11-17-2021)

I've been busy with work, but congratulations to Jonathan India on becoming the eighth Red to win NL Rookie of the Year!

I read that the only voter who prevented India from being a unanimous choice was from Cincinnati. Is that correct? If so, he should have his voting privileges revoked.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-17-2021),Revering4Blue (11-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I've been busy with work, but congratulations to Jonathan India on becoming the eighth Red to win NL Rookie of the Year!

I read that the only voter who prevented India from being a unanimous choice was from Cincinnati. Is that correct? If so, he should have his voting privileges revoked.
    Dan Szymborski

https://www.yahoo.com/news/only-firs...000242436.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

India winning Rookie of the Year is great. Happy for him, but as a Red fan, I'm resigned to the fact that it won't mean much in overall team success. Joey Votto is probably going to the Hall of Fame and during most of his prime, the Reds have been a bottom feeder. The individual success of one player does not signal better times ahead as far as wins and losses go.

Individusal awards are great, but I'm an old dude who lived through an era when the team had lots of players get them and were championship contenders (and winners) as a result. If it equtes to 3rd or 4th place and a struggle to stay relevant (or avoid being a laughingstock), its more of a footnote than a headline.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

Tommyjohn25 (11-17-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Congrats to India for being named RoY. Still doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about our chances in '22.

15. Likes:

Tommyjohn25 (11-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    The cynical side of me wonders if someone in the Reds front office slipped him something under the table to make sure India wasn't unanimous? Might save a few pennies at arbitration time on down the road.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-17-2021),Number_Fourteen (11-17-2021),Tommyjohn25 (11-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Number_Fourteen View Post
    A Cincinnati Red, awarded rookie of the year and not even a full page here worth of response. Wow. It's off-season of course, but the Redszone exodus following recent front office moves seems markedly apparent.
    The banning of Alabama has its consequences. The dude was spot on and you all didnt like him because of his tone.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It would be a thread about hooray Johnny India and the future looks bright if people were disposed to post about it. They weren't. India won ROY and the thread is a wasteland. I started out with a Ganesha GIF, but it's sort of impossible not to spot the apathy. Threads go where they go. The Reds kind of chose this adventure. Looks like this news generally landed with a thud beyond Redszone too.
    To be fair, 90% of the American public wouldn't know what a Mike Trout is let alone if he was in line at the Chipotle in front of them.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-17-2021)

I know the owners are lousy and the FO is doing a bad job with resources but saying your own team does not deserve this or that player? What ridiculousnesses. I will wait to be this miserable when ST is over and see how bad the team is then.

22. Likes:

757690 (11-17-2021),MikeS21 (11-18-2021),Revering4Blue (11-17-2021),SunDeck (11-20-2021)

To be fair, 90% of the American public wouldn't know what a Mike Trout is let alone if he was in line at the Chipotle in front of them.
    I wouldn't know who I was if was in line at Chipotle either.

Yet on a site that can dive hundreds of posts in on a non-roster invite, this thread is a testament to how the Reds just chloroformed their fanbase.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

24. Likes:

membengal (11-19-2021),Tommyjohn25 (11-18-2021)

Well, the Reds get a lot of things wrong, but it's fair to say they got this one right.

They identified, drafted, signed, and developed India. And they knew exactly how and when to deploy him.

And of course, he worked his tail off on his end.

Well done all around, I for one still enjoy Reds baseball and am glad he is here to entertain.

Added bonus that, as big as a bummer as Senzel has been, India makes it kind of a wash. I would guess Senzel would be doing these things right now, but as long as India is doing this it's the same net result.

26. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I know the owners are lousy and the FO is doing a bad job with resources but saying your own team does not deserve this or that player? What ridiculousnesses. I will wait to be this miserable when ST is over and see how bad the team is then.
    I guess some are miserable. I'm not miserable at all, but with each cycle of tanking or semi tanking, I grow more and more apathetic about Reds baseball. I attended my first game as a kid in 1965 and grew more and more obsessed with the team every year. My interest started waning during the 2016/2017 mishandling of the rotation and while I tried to be encouraged by some of the subsequent moves, the Reds still shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. Last winters unbelievably awful dismantling of the bullpen that resuted in a disaster took a lot of wind out of my sails. This year, the Miley deal, while actually more defensible than some moves, just seems like a signal that the same thing is in process with the rotation.

I don't place the entire blame for my waning interest on anyone. Its ownership, its poor front office decision making, its the inequity of how the game is structured, its the upcomeing work-stoppage, its my own aging and realizing I may want to do other stuff before i die besides being glued to the TV watching the dead end Reds all summer. I've been a die hard for a long time, but I can't keep rebounding from the endless futility and I don't see it ending any time soon.
    Last edited by mth123; 11-18-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

28. Likes:

membengal (11-19-2021),Number_Fourteen (11-21-2021),Roy Tucker (11-19-2021),Tommyjohn25 (11-18-2021),Tony Cloninger (11-18-2021)

Turn Off Ads?