Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do we know details of the Reds current TV Media Deal?

Re: Do we know details of the Reds current TV Media Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Im turning in my fancard since they didn't extend Tucker Barnhardt and waived Wade Miley

That will show them who is boss
    Nah. As an "otherwise willing to open up the wallet for the Reds" kind of fan, it's more like:

"Chump don't want the help, chump don't get the help."
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

InsaneinthBrame (11-22-2021),JFLegal (11-24-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Im turning in my fancard since they didn't extend Tucker Barnhardt and waived Wade Miley

That will show them who is boss
    I doubt anyone is turning in their fan card because of Tucker Barnhart and Wade Miley.

This team is 3320-3422 since the year I was born. To even call that mediocre (something the organization and some fans feel compelled to celebrate for some reason) is a generous stretch. It’s been a pattern of 1-3 years of slight relevance followed by directionless rebuilds that have lasted up to a decade. They had their two years of relevance (if we’re celebrating moral victories and being “in the playoff hunt” as relevance) in ‘20 and ‘21, now all signs point to going back to the dumpster for the next…who knows how long this time? I’ll set the over/under at 6 years this time around. I guess it doesn’t matter to me much, because I’m certainly not sticking around to see it.

I’ve spent my whole life designing and planning my summers around Reds baseball. I’m just not doing it anymore because it is a fruitless exercise. That’s why I’m turning in my fan card. Barnhart and (mainly) the Miley move just happened to be the harbingers of death.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-23-2021),JFLegal (11-24-2021),MoneyInTheBank (11-23-2021),mth123 (11-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    I doubt anyone is turning in their fan card because of Tucker Barnhart and Wade Miley.

This team is 3320-3422 since the year I was born. To even call that mediocre (something the organization and some fans feel compelled to celebrate for some reason) is a generous stretch. It’s been a pattern of 1-3 years of slight relevance followed by directionless rebuilds that have lasted up to a decade. They had their two years of relevance (if we’re celebrating moral victories and being “in the playoff hunt” as relevance) in ‘20 and ‘21, now all signs point to going back to the dumpster for the next…who knows how long this time? I’ll set the over/under at 6 years this time around. I guess it doesn’t matter to me much, because I’m certainly not sticking around to see it.

I’ve spent my whole life designing and planning my summers around Reds baseball. I’m just not doing it anymore because it is a fruitless exercise. That’s why I’m turning in my fan card. Barnhart and (mainly) the Miley move just happened to be the harbingers of death.
    It's just trolling. Your nuance will go unnoticed as has everyone else's

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    It's just trolling. Your nuance will go unnoticed as has everyone else's
    Ah, that’s unfortunate. I don’t spend a ton of time on here anymore so I’m not sure who’s who these days. I’ve actually posted twice now in the last week, which is a lot for me, and also weird considering my fandom is all but dead. I guess posting about it is my own form of closure.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

"So Fla Red"

The Reds went all in for 2020 but didn't forecast a worldwide pandemic creating a 60-game scrum. They were in the playoff picture until late-Sept this year.

Seems a rather odd time to turn in all these fancards.

Teams adjust rosters and payroll all the time and sometimes it works out better.

Turn Off Ads?