With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I was fortunate enough to have my grandson visit and assist me in finalizing my account here! While I am excited to share my thoughts on all things Reds, I first wanted to share my concerns with the registration process, as I believe the process could discourage some potential posters from joining the website, and also create some level of danger for fans wanting to attend games at GABP.

While I was attempting to register myself, I was continuously asked to identify fire-hydrants and cross-walks outside of GABP. While I am proponent of safety everywhere (and of course including at GABP), this specific registration process/survey/test left much to be desired.

First and foremost, it was literally impossible to determine where (i.e. which street corner/road-side) each fire-hydrant was located in the picture. I kid you not, there was not a single legible street visible in the photographs so that I could learn where to find the fire-hydrants. To be honest, I am not convinced that it is necessary for fans to know where to locate the hydrants around the ball-park when there is emergency personal all-around, but if the Reds (or more accurately, this fan website) wants to do this- it was an awful attempt (in my mind at least).

More important was the survey/test attempting to show where fans can find cross-walks outside of the ballpark. While the location of fire-hydrants is largely irrelevant in my mind, the same cannot be said about cross-walks! Again, I am large proponent of safety and helping fans find the cross-walks is a fine idea; however, inexplicably, the photographs depicting the cross-walks for the fans outside of the ballpark COMPLETLY LACKED any reference to the location of the actual cross-walk. These glaring errors rendered the survey/test USELESS!!!

My final area of the questionnaire had to do with the busses running around GABP. While this is not so much a safety issue, I do think it is a great idea to promote the public transportation options around the ballpark. But.... I will let you all guess what happened here-- Let's just say, good luck finding a bus-stop...

While I am very excited to start sharing my thoughts on all things Reds, I thought these glaring issues should be addressed first and foremost, as I sincerely believe these gaffes can be easily addressed.

Now, lets go re-sign Nick Castellanos!