Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: If released would you want Bauer back at league minimum?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 29.79%
  • No.

33 70.21%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgiveness on Thanksgiving...

Re: Forgiveness on Thanksgiving...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Would you forgive Bauer and sign him? Please no comments about how you wouldn’t forgive him or sign him and why.
    1) No
    2) It's a message board, where the primary purpose is to comment and offer opinions

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by 0-2 Count View Post
    1) No
    2) It's a message board, where the primary purpose is to comment and offer opinions
    It is immoral to try Bauer in the court of public opinion. But we can exonerate and defend him. So, please, again, would you forgive and sign Trevor Bauer? Only post if your answer is yes and you have doubts about the allegations against him. We do not try people in public court here on RedsZone.

4. Likes:

Fil3232 (11-25-2021),membengal (11-26-2021)

Even if he were to perform at Cy Young level, I would derive no joy from watching him play for the Reds. Too weird and too creepy. He certainly is free to live his life as he sees fit but I also reserve the right to not pay to see him perform. I don’t expect players to be Boy Scouts but Bauer has gone way over my line for acceptable behavior.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

0-2 Count (11-26-2021),cumberlandreds (11-26-2021),Old school 1983 (11-26-2021)

I'd take him back. He's in a situation similar to DeShawn Watson in football and he seems to still have a future athletically, so why not TB? There's a non zero chance he just got caught up with a girl with a severe freak streak. The restraining order against him was dismissed. Not saying I support the guy but at league minimum for a year he'd solve a lot of problems. Plus I think he has enough goodwill with the Reds fan base from his time here that it might work.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    I'd take him back. He's in a situation similar to DeShawn Watson in football and he seems to still have a future athletically, so why not TB? There's a non zero chance he just got caught up with a girl with a severe freak streak. The restraining order against him was dismissed. Not saying I support the guy but at league minimum for a year he'd solve a lot of problems. Plus I think he has enough goodwill with the Reds fan base from his time here that it might work.
    Thank you for following the rules of this thread.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Am I following the rules if I say I do not have any interest in bring Bauer back, because I have no idea if he'll be any good with The Sticky Stuff, and totally not for any other reason.

Nope, no other reason I can think of. He's definitely guilty of using sticky stuff, but has never done anything else deviant that we know of.

NO!!

I honestly didn't even like him before the most recent scandal.

I agree with everyone, but you know some team would take him and he would be fantastic and wouldn't care. The last few years have taught me this.
    there are no morals anymore. We can lie, cheat, and be generally against every thing we ever believed in, but some one will lie, cheat and steal to win. I'm pretty disgusted. I just don't want it t6o be my team.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Astros say: Where do we sign?

13. Likes:

M2 (11-26-2021),westofyou (11-26-2021)

If Bauer gets out of his current bind, no way he becomes less of a predator.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

westofyou (11-26-2021)

Would not even consider it until after settlement of his current issues and any punishments he might face. Even then...

Only thing I’ll say is I’m thankful the Reds aren’t dealing with this situation.

Disappointed in this thread, which I thought would be about the Reds front office.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-26-2021)

God no!!

Ignoring the forgiveness aspect for a moment, for his career he has been a good but not great pitcher. There is pretty overwhelming evidence he was a great pitcher with the Reds due to using sticky stuff to get more spin. When MLB cracking down on sticky stuff his numbers went back to good but not great. Now throw in he is a small guy, on the wrong side of 30 when velo start dropping and I am probably looking at no. Add back in his legal situation and it is a definitive no for me.

22. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-30-2021)

Turn Off Ads?