Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Lockout Off-Season 2021

Re: MLB Lockout Off-Season 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    A heartfelt, sincere letter from the commissioner

https://www.mlb.com/news/featured/a-...-baseball-fans
    He's an awful human being. Not a fan of the sport.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (12-02-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

A heartfelt, sincere letter from the commissioner

https://www.mlb.com/news/featured/a-...-baseball-fans
    The wife had Christmas music on while I read this. The Mr. Grinch song came on while I did. Very apropos.

The double whammy of the MLB lockout and the short sided, penurious, and downright stupid running of the Reds has my fan level at an all time low. A big old middle finger from Roy to MLB. Good luck on winning me back.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-02-2021),cumberlandreds (12-02-2021),RedsBaron (12-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The wife had Christmas music on while I read this. The Mr. Grinch song came on while I did. Very apropos.

The double whammy of the MLB lockout and the short sided, penurious, and downright stupid running of the Reds has my fan level at an all time low. A big old middle finger from Roy to MLB. Good luck on winning me back.
    This is where I'm at too. The Bengals and the Brown family couldn't be happier about the timing of this either, in my opinion.

Manfred has a good point about free agency clearly not being broken……::ducks::
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    lol MLB.com and all the team sites have removed any and all traces of any active players
    Yeah, that's a thing where they can't use players' NILs since there's no basic agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah, that's a thing where they can't use players' NILs since there's no basic agreement.
    I guess this is a bad time to spill that my source in the FO is 95% sure the Reds are going to trade [redacted] for [redacted], [redacted], and [redacted], which I never thought would happen.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

10. Likes:

WrongVerb (12-02-2021)

Rob Manfred has a press conference scheduled for this morning at 9 a.m. CT. at the Rangers’ ball park.

Statement from the Reds:

"Our work to strengthen our ballclub for the long-term continues. We will continue to invest heavily in our minor league system and remain committed to our plan of developing the young talent you soon will see playing in Cincinnati.”
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Statement from the Reds:

"Our work to strengthen our ballclub for the long-term continues. We will continue to invest heavily in our minor league system and remain committed to our plan of developing the young talent you soon will see playing in Cincinnati.”
    The Reds organization posted a lengthy statement of their own to their website Thursday morning.

Here it is in its entirety:
    “Despite best efforts to reach an agreement, the current CBA has expired and Major League Baseball has been forced to commence a defensive lockout of Major League players. Like all of Reds Country, as an organization, we are disappointed.

“To be clear, this does not mean games will be canceled. The purpose of taking this step now is to accelerate the urgency needed to reach an agreement as quickly as possible. MLB is offering solutions aimed to address the Players Association’s stated concerns in a manner that is fair to both sides, improves competitive balance on the field so every team has a chance to compete, and improves and preserves our game.

“Until an agreement is reached, we are not permitted to make any Major League roster moves. While MLB works around the clock to find common ground with the Players Association, our work to strengthen our ballclub for the long-term continues. We will continue to invest heavily in our minor league system and remain committed to our plan of developing the young talent you soon will see playing in Cincinnati.

“We appreciate the continued support and we very much look forward to seeing you again at Great American Ball Park in 2022.

14. Likes:

757690 (12-02-2021)

Krall: “wait, we were allowed to sign players the last 3 weeks? I thought the lockout started immediately after the World Series ended”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

REDREAD (12-02-2021),Revering4Blue (12-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    The Reds organization posted a lengthy statement of their own to their website Thursday morning.

Here it is in its entirety:

“Until an agreement is reached, we are not permitted to make any Major League roster moves. While MLB works around the clock to find common ground with the Players Association, our work to strengthen our ballclub for the long-term continues. We will continue to invest heavily in our minor league system and remain committed to our plan of developing the young talent you soon will see playing in Cincinnati."
    Short version of the Reds statement "We were only going to signs guys to minor league deals anyway so that goes unchanged and we don't care about competing in the short-term." I honestly didn't think they could top "reallocating" for bad PR statement but I think they managed to do so.
    Last edited by klw; 12-02-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

If the owners did offer what Manfred is asserting, it seems like the framework of a deal. Of course, we don't know the dollar amounts or the free agency age that was offered. Perhaps they only need to decide on the exact figures.

They call me "chef"

Lmao. My wife, who has never received any promotional communications from the Dodgers in the past, just got a friendly email about buying season tickets for the Dodgers' 2022 season. Zero mention of the lockout. Gotta get that $$$ any way you can.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    If the owners did offer what Manfred is asserting, it seems like the framework of a deal. Of course, we don't know the dollar amounts or the free agency age that was offered. Perhaps they only need to decide on the exact figures.
    Manfred:
    “If the players would just agree to do what we want, then we would be in agreement.”

21. Likes:

Chip R (12-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Yes we do, mlbtr.

Turn Off Ads?