Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Ohio State Mens Basketball 2021/2022

Re: Ohio State Mens Basketball 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Branham is ranked anywhere from 8 to 16 so far according to mock drafts. As for the salary differences between draft position:

NBA Rookie Pay Scale: How Much They Make Depending on Draft Position https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/22/ro...they-make-pick
    And if he’s getting 8-16 type grades he should absolutely go pro. He’s a lottery pick.

If he’s getting low first round grades, he shouldn’t go. That means he could slip into the second round and the economics change dramatically.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    And if he’s getting 8-16 type grades he should absolutely go pro. He’s a lottery pick.

If he’s getting low first round grades, he shouldn’t go. That means he could slip into the second round and the economics change dramatically.
    Exactly. I don't know if he is strong enough to play right away in the NBA. I went back and did a quick wiki search of the 2021 draft. One thing I noticed is once you got around the 15 pick mark, a lot of those guys spend time in the GLeague.

A back end of the first round grade is dicey position to be in. It pretty much means you are spending your first year in the GLeague. And yes, you sign you name and you are an instant millionaire, but if you aren't developed the right way, you are passing up tens of millions in career earnings.

Basketball is that weird sport where the vast majority of players come out not ready and rely on a level of basketball (the G League) that is just crap. I am a NBA novice, but it seems like if you aren't a big time star (massive shoe deal) you really make it when you get your first FA contract.

Ohio State Mens Basketball 2021/2022

Sean McNeil from WVU committed to Ohio State tonight.

Good 3 point and free throw shooter but undersized for a wing and a turnstile on defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Sean McNeil from WVU committed to Ohio State tonight.

Good 3 point and free throw shooter but undersized for a wing and a turnstile on defense.
    Why the exodus from Huggins?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Why the exodus from Huggins?
    I’d say the opportunity for NIL money is better in Columbus than Morgantown.

In a nutshell though, Huggins needs to retire.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’d say the opportunity for NIL money is better in Columbus than Morgantown.

In a nutshell though, Huggins needs to retire.
    Huggs seems like the exact coach that NIL and free transfers is going to kill.

His style of coaching is a tough love coaching that requires kids to buy in. I don't see that working in today's era. Looking back at all the great UC teams he had, I don't think any of them stick together under the current environment.

I remember times where he would kick kids out of the locker room, that doesn't work today.

So, basically, Holtmann replaced Ahrens with Ahrens and picked up a tiny conference forward that relies on getting to the free throw line.

Sooooo, who we all thinking for the new head coach after next season?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    So, basically, Holtmann replaced Ahrens with Ahrens and picked up a tiny conference forward that relies on getting to the free throw line.

Sooooo, who we all thinking for the new head coach after next season?
    He’s a little better than Ahrens, but he’s not a huge difference maker.

Holtmann needs to be rooting for some bad draft grades for Branham and at least two of the freshman to hit or it’s gonna be a tough one.

Ohio State Mens Basketball 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Huggs seems like the exact coach that NIL and free transfers is going to kill.

His style of coaching is a tough love coaching that requires kids to buy in. I don't see that working in today's era. Looking back at all the great UC teams he had, I don't think any of them stick together under the current environment.

I remember times where he would kick kids out of the locker room, that doesn't work today.
    It doesn’t help his case that one of his transfers went on to sweep every major player of the year award.

And that another was a local kid who transferred within the Big 12.

Branham is having a press conference with Holtmann tomorrow afternoon, presumably to officially declare his decision either way.

Like I said 2 months ago: he gone.

Branham officially not coming back.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I wish Branham well. It was a pleasure to watch him down the stretch of the season.

I hope he goes in the first half of the draft. Personally I think he is a couple of years away from being a starting caliber player. Hopefully he is able to develop and turn into the player I think he can be.

Good for him for getting his money.

Turn Off Ads?