Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Mens Basketball 2021/2022

Re: Ohio State Mens Basketball 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    They have times where they struggle to rebound. It killed them against Iowa.

While I think Branham should come back next season, dude may be playing himself into a 1st rounder. They have two pros on their team, which could make them a tough out.
    Need a big NIL to keep him. C'mon Les Wexner!

It will be interesting to see if guys like him who are borderline 1st rounders decide to stay because they can make good NIL money. Guaranteed 1st rounders won't stay, but maybe those guys on the fringe?

2. Turn Off Ads?

With the newish NBA rule where they do not have to hire an agent and call still test the NBA draft waters, I have a feeling Branham is going to do just that, find out multiple teams are interested in drafting him in the first round and he will hire an agent. He reminds me of a young Dwayne Wade at Marquette. He gone.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Ohio State has the seventh best offense in the country according to KenPom. The defense is 94th.
    They have two great offensive players, but I do not think they have a great offense. There is a difference. When Branaham and Liddel get cold the game swings violently in the other team's direction. See the last 5 minutes of last night and the last 10 minutes against Iowa. It is going to be their death nail in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    They have two great offensive players, but I do not think they have a great offense. There is a difference. When Branaham and Liddel get cold the game swings violently in the other team's direction. See the last 5 minutes of last night and the last 10 minutes against Iowa. It is going to be their death nail in the tourney.
    There was a lot of Wheeler making bad decisions when it got close. With 6 minutes to go it was 74-58 and they gave up 25 points in 6 minutes. That’s more on defense and taking care of the ball, but your overall point I think is right. This isn’t the first, or second, or third time that a second half has looked like this. They have managed to pull off several wins including 2 this week, but it’s living dangerously.

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    There was a lot of Wheeler making bad decisions when it got close. With 6 minutes to go it was 74-58 and they gave up 25 points in 6 minutes. That’s more on defense and taking care of the ball, but your overall point I think is right. This isn’t the first, or second, or third time that a second half has looked like this. They have managed to pull off several wins including 2 this week, but it’s living dangerously.
    Aside: I went to Immigrant Son Brewing with my wife and daughter on Sunday for brunch. Was pretty good! Definitely expensive food, but it was good quality. I got the burger, wife got the shrimp and grits, and my daughter absolutely wolfed down some toast and eggs. IPA was really solid as well.

Aside: I went to Immigrant Son Brewing with my wife and daughter on Sunday for brunch. Was pretty good! Definitely expensive food, but it was good quality. I got the burger, wife got the shrimp and grits, and my daughter absolutely wolfed down some toast and eggs. IPA was really solid as well.
    Nice! The food is heavy is my only knock on that place, so gotta watch the order a bit but food is solid. The Langos is the best thing, which is basically just fried dough but it’s awesome next time you go.

I’ve like all the beer so far but my favorites are English Porter and the winter ale they had. I play shuffle board at Forest City and they have their lager on draft which I thought was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Nice! The food is heavy is my only knock on that place, so gotta watch the order a bit but food is solid. The Langos is the best thing, which is basically just fried dough but it’s awesome next time you go.

I’ve like all the beer so far but my favorites are English Porter and the winter ale they had. I play shuffle board at Forest City and they have their lager on draft which I thought was pretty cool.
    Ha, was just at Forest City 2 weeks ago! My son loves shuffleboard

10. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (02-25-2022)

With the newish NBA rule where they do not have to hire an agent and call still test the NBA draft waters, I have a feeling Branham is going to do just that, find out multiple teams are interested in drafting him in the first round and he will hire an agent. He reminds me of a young Dwayne Wade at Marquette. He gone.
    Wade put on one of the best performances in the tournament we have ever seen. He was also age wise a Jr after that season.

I don't think he is a lottery pick, think he has more development to do, and making some serious NIL money in Columbus all the while getting ready to play in the NBA isn't that bad of a decision.

I wonder with the NIL if guys will be more likely to stay in college an extra year instead of ridding the pine in the NBA. I can't help think of all the guys who left early to play in the G-League only to spend their winters in Canton, OH or Ft Wayne, IN, instead of playing in college and being the big man on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Wade put on one of the best performances in the tournament we have ever seen. He was also age wise a Jr after that season.

I don't think he is a lottery pick, think he has more development to do, and making some serious NIL money in Columbus all the while getting ready to play in the NBA isn't that bad of a decision.

I wonder with the NIL if guys will be more likely to stay in college an extra year instead of ridding the pine in the NBA. I can't help think of all the guys who left early to play in the G-League only to spend their winters in Canton, OH or Ft Wayne, IN, instead of playing in college and being the big man on campus.
    How much do bball players get Nil wise in Cbus? Gotta figure the vast majority of that money is going to football players.

I know Wade left as a junior. I’m just saying he reminds me of Wade play-wise.

How much do bball players get Nil wise in Cbus? Gotta figure the vast majority of that money is going to football players.

I know Wade left as a junior. I’m just saying he reminds me of Wade play-wise.
    I don't know dollar amounts but I did see Zed Key in a car commercial.

14. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-25-2022)

Ohio State basketball's E.J. Liddell addresses 'disrespectful' Illinois fans after road win

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...200829840.html

Next game:

Sun, 2/27
    @
    MD
    4:00 PM
    CBS
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Sparty just beat Purdue, which is helpful.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (02-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Ohio State basketball's E.J. Liddell addresses 'disrespectful' Illinois fans after road win

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...200829840.html

Next game:

Sun, 2/27
    @
    MD
    4:00 PM
    CBS
    Buckeyes lose by 15.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Buckeyes lose by 15.
    Ugly loss.

Liddell and Branham had mediocre games and the buckeyes lost to an absolutely garbage Maryland team by 15. I rest my case.

Turn Off Ads?