Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who Do You Want to See Acquire Castillo, Gray, and/or Mahle? (And Why?)

Re: Who Do You Want to See Acquire Castillo, Gray, and/or Mahle? (And Why?)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Perhaps you could give me an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    And the last thing I care about is whether you find my arguments--because that, and not opinions, is what they are--endearing. I don't need little moral lectures about being "unnecessarily harsh" from anyone, least of all you.
    We went at each other hard and there are no hard feelings from my end. But I did find the above pretty disrespectful

With that said and Go Redlegs

2. Turn Off Ads?

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

TRF (12-08-2021)

In another thread I stated if the Angels want Castillo, the conversation starts with Adell and they have to add to it. The Angels reek of desperation right now. The Reds might be in the perfect position to take full advantage of that.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    In another thread I stated if the Angels want Castillo, the conversation starts with Adell and they have to add to it. The Angels reek of desperation right now. The Reds might be in the perfect position to take full advantage of that.
    You are underestimating how desperate the Reds seem to be to move cash off the books. The Reds will blink if this gets into an negotiation.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    You are underestimating how desperate the Reds seem to be to move cash off the books. The Reds will blink if this gets into an negotiation.
    I said it should be Adell +.

I never said the Reds would have the stones to demand such.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

9. Likes:

mth123 (12-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I said it should be Adell +.

I never said the Reds would have the stones to demand such.
    Agreed. If they trade Castillo, it should be Adell plus. Its why I wanted the Reds to deal a couple of prospects to move Shogo or Moose to get the savings they want. I know everyone is appalled at the idea, but I'd rather move an Ashcraft, Callihan and a Vlad with Moose attached then to be in a desperate position with Castillo, Mahle and Gray.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

How about this as a possibility if we're focused on the Angels? Offer them Castillo for Adell, Detmers, and Bachman or Gray for Adell and Detmers. I actually don't like either deal because I think this team can still contend this year with only a few acquisitions after the lockout: #4 starter, outfield platoon player, one more pen arm. But if they're going to do it, that would be a way to go. If Angels say no, I'd happily tell their GM what he/she can do next.

I am beginning to wonder if Brandon Marsh might be a better fit for the Reds? Seems like there's just as much potential there as with Adell.

Same goes for Bachman/Detmers. With Detmers' homer issues, I wonder if Bachman may be the better fit in Cincinnati.

If I'm dealing Castillo, I'd want one from each group and nothing less. Mix and match however you like.

Turn Off Ads?