Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Part III: Playoffpalooza and the Transfer Portal

Re: 2021 College Football Part III: Playoffpalooza and the Transfer Portal

I like Cincinnati's chances vs COVID more than I like Alabama's chances vs COVID.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I like Cincinnati's chances vs COVID more than I like Alabama's chances vs COVID.
    IDK, Bama didn't have any issues it last year. I think they had a coach out. "Miraculously" they had no players out for semi or national championship games
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    IDK, Bama didn't have any issues it last year. I think they had a coach out. "Miraculously" they had no players out for semi or national championship games
    Saban missed a game.

I think a lot of the southern teams had the virus early on whereas a lot of the late adaptors to football had the virus towards the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Only non-Power 5 players.
    Based on what we know about the newest variant which is clearly the dominant variant in the US now, there is no reason to be testing vaccinated players unless they show symptoms. I think everyone is getting close to accepting there is no running from omicron for youngish and healthy individuals......only the self protection of being vaccinated. We need a paradigm shift to accept that if there are 10 asymptomatic players on the field in a game......that is ok.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

7. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-27-2021)

I predict SEC will have a below .500 record in the bowls.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

9. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-27-2021)

Going into the 4th.....UCF up 26-17 on UF. Gatorfan will not be happy if UCF wins this game.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Hawaii pulling out of bowl tomorrow.....hope Memphis at least gets a day or to to just enjoy Hawaii.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Going into the 4th.....UCF up 26-17 on UF. Gatorfan will not be happy if UCF wins this game.
    The SEC is starting out 0-2 (and to Group of Five schools too). Got a feeling though that this is going to be a topsy-turvy Bowl season with lots of "WTH"? lol
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I don't think there's much WTH about this terrible Florida team losing to pretty much anyone.

14. Likes:

GAC (12-25-2021),Revering4Blue (12-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't think there's much WTH about this terrible Florida team losing to pretty much anyone.
    Most Florida fans after last night

"We were in a bowl?"
    Go Gators!

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Most Florida fans after last night

"We were in a bowl?"
    Yeah, that is not true. They probably wished this team did not play in a bowl game, but they all wanted desperately to win just to not allow UCF to claim a victory over them. UCF has been the best college team in Florida 3 of the last 5 years (2017, 2018, 2021).
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I saw that two more bowls were canceled. because of our old friend COVID, Fenway Bowl and Military Bowl.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/12/2...-east-carolina
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hopefully one of the Fenway or Military Bowl teams can fill in for Miami in the Sun Bowl.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-27-2021)

Who is in charge of testing for these teams anyway? If I'm a playoff team, I'd be having vaccinated kids with no symptoms swabbing their ears at this point if they were required to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Who is in charge of testing for these teams anyway? If I'm a playoff team, I'd be having vaccinated kids with no symptoms swabbing their ears at this point if they were required to test.
    I understand caution; but what does the science, up to this point, say about this new varient? Highly contagious, yet far less severity as far as level of illness. That should be celebrated as good news! This virus is going to run it's course mask or no mask. Again, not saying don't take precautions, but lets quit treating this thing as the Black Death. I'm vaccinated/Boosted, wear a mask inside when in public. I caught something last week, that was, IMO, mild flu symptoms (headache, sore throat/cough, runny nose. Gone after a day. Was it the seasonal flu or this omnicron? lol

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/22/...redict-deaths/

In earlier waves, rising death rates would follow an increase in cases; the impact of rising cases on death rates could be seen visually and validated statistically. Deaths would follow cases upward, and peak roughly two to three weeks after new cases began trending downward. With Omicron, however, we not only don’t see the rise in death rates that were associated with the first waves, but we actually see a continuing decline in death rates, despite a radical increase in cases.

So, according to the math, Omicron cases rising no longer automatically means impending doom and gloom, nor does it require apocalyptic language like we’re hearing from the media and political leaders implying mass waves of death with rapidly increasing case rates.
    https://www.npr.org/2021/12/22/10666...analysis-shows
    Last edited by GAC; 12-27-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?