Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Part III: Playoffpalooza and the Transfer Portal

Re: 2021 College Football Part III: Playoffpalooza and the Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I understand caution; but what does the science, up to this point, say about this new varient? Highly contagious, yet far less severity as far as level of illness. That should be celebrated as good news! This virus is going to run it's course mask or no mask. Again, not saying don't take precautions, but lets quit treating this thing as the Black Death. I'm vaccinated/Boosted, wear a mask inside when in public. I caught something last week, that was, IMO, mild flu symptoms (headache, sore throat/cough, runny nose. Gone after a day. Was it the seasonal flu or this omnicron? lol

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/22/...redict-deaths/

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/22/10666...analysis-shows
    I read an article yesterday that a much higher percentage of Omicron cases are actually testing negative for vaccinated individuals.....not even going to try to repeat the science for why that is happening....mostly because I do not really remember/fully understand the details. Many cases have only shown those type of symptoms for 24-48 hours for vaccinated people, so I would not be surprised at all if you actually were positive. Based on the wastewater analysis the CDC gas been reviewing in Orange County (Central Florida), it was suggested it would be difficult to throw a rock and not hit someone actually infected with Omicron.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

GAC (12-28-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Anyone else going to the Cincinnati/Alabama game Friday? Pretty short drive for us, and I have a nephew who goes to UC who is going down for the game. Ended up getting tickets for the boys and I relatively high up in the upper deck, but at the 50 yard line, for $125 each. With fees, about $500 all in for three tickets, so not bad at all. Should be a good time, and hopefully it will be a decent game.

5. Likes:

GAC (12-28-2021),RedTeamGo! (12-28-2021),Roy Tucker (12-29-2021),Sea Ray (12-28-2021)

Doubt it'll be a decent game but good for you for securing reasonable tickets and going.

Louisville is embarrassingly bad in Scott Satterfield's third season.

Air Force's QB is 3 for 3 passing for 165 yards and 2 TDs. 55 yards per pass.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 12-28-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Louisville is embarrassingly bad in Scott Satterfield's third season.

Air Force's QB is 3 for 3 passing for 165 yards and 2 TDs. 55 yards per pass.
    I’d imagine the new AD is going to want a fresh start so Satterfield and Mack may be updating resumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Is the SEC outside of Bama and Georgia just absolute trash or what?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

jimbo (12-29-2021)

Getting your bowl canceled 4.5 hours before kick is pretty tough. I hope NC State finds another game somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Apparently. Maybe Georgia, too.

Apparently. Maybe Georgia, too.
    It’s so weird… TT is a bad team and they are just completely destroying Miss St.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 12-28-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Let's wait and see how Tennessee does before saying that

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Let's wait and see how Tennessee does before saying that
    SEC is 0-4 against the likes of Army, UCF, Texas Tech, and Houston. Absolutely embarrassing. That’s PAC-12 like.

It shows how fraudulent the SEC is with regard to rankings. Miss St started the season 5-3 and was inexplicably ranked 17th right before they played and got blown out by Alabama, which gave Bama a top 25 win.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 12-29-2021 at 10:28 AM.

16. Likes:

jimbo (12-29-2021)

SEC is 0-4 against the likes of Army, Air Force, Texas Tech, and Houston. Absolutely embarrassing. That’s PAC-12 like.
    Hey now, the Air Force loss was by a terrible ACC team and not a terrible SEC team! Central Florida is the fourth SEC loss.

18. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-29-2021)

Hey now, the Air Force loss was by a terrible ACC team and not a terrible SEC team! Central Florida is the fourth SEC loss.
    You’re right! I’ll edit. Florida getting housed by UCF is just as embarrassing.

The "get in" price for Michigan/Georgia has dipped below $200 after starting out at around $600. So anyone in south Florida over the weekend and looking for something to do...

The national championship tickets are absurd right now. Almost $800 for the cheapest ticket. However, if you happen to be a Cincinnati fan I think you can take comfort in the fact that surely those tickets are mostly held by Alabama fans currently. If UC happens to do the unthinkable in two days, I suspect there will be a lot of tickets flooding the market.

SEC is 0-4 against the likes of Army, UCF, Texas Tech, and Houston. Absolutely embarrassing. That’s PAC-12 like.

It shows how fraudulent the SEC is with regard to rankings. Miss St started the season 5-3 and was inexplicably ranked 17th right before they played and got blown out by Alabama, which gave Bama a top 25 win.
    It appears you're chomping at the bit to slam the SEC. As I recall they got 13 Bowl bids. It's early and it's also a weird year with C19, transfers, opt outs and all. But if at the end of the day, it's a down year for the conference, then it's a down year.

Turn Off Ads?