Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVI

Re: Covid-19 Part XVI

Yeah, I posted her thoughts earlier today. I thought they were quite reasonable but then there's RZ...debating it by mentioning seat belts and how masks are cheap

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As for your kids, you think masks should be mandated every Winter to ward off the cold and flu season?
    Thank you for answering btw, that makes sense to me. I honestly wasn't sure if it was just not liking the feel of a mask or just not wanting the government telling you how to live. Sounds like both, but maybe more of the former.

Is it possible to even meet in the middle anymore? Like this cold and flu season question, it feels like it would be pretty smart to not mandate masks, but to allow public health to recommend wearing them during local outbreaks. It sounds like many people would just get angry and refuse to have their kids do so though, and I just don't know why these things are political to begin with or why we seemingly don't really care about limiting disease.

The flu really isn't a minor thing for a lot of people, even the healthy. Beyond the fact that the flu is rough, a lot of auto-immune diseases seem to start with a minor virus.

If we could get most kids through childhood without exposure to viruses we'd certainly have better lifetime health outcomes overall.
    Last edited by Redsfaithful; 02-08-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

If we could get most kids through childhood without exposure to viruses we'd certainly have better lifetime health outcomes overall.
    That's at best debatable and more likely just plain incorrect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...virus.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    That's at best debatable and more likely just plain incorrect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...virus.amp.html
    You should actually read your link!

I'm talking the vast majority of viruses here, not allergens, not stomach bugs. Feeding your kid peanut butter is not the same as the kid getting THE FLU ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    You should actually read your link!

I'm talking the vast majority of viruses here, not allergens, not stomach bugs. Feeding your kid peanut butter is not the same as the kid getting THE FLU ffs
    If you only got peanut butter out of the article then you clearly didn't read it.

Why did RSV rip through pretty much everywhere once masks came off this summer? Because immunity gap is a real thing.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...en-this-summer

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    If you only got peanut butter out of the article then you clearly didn't read it.

Why did RSV rip through pretty much everywhere once masks came off this summer? Because immunity gap is a real thing.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...en-this-summer
    Right, RSV was the only thing virus it talked about and even the conclusion there wasn't "get RSV"

We're just about at 1,000 posts, so please start a new thread to continue the discussion.

Turn Off Ads?