Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Covid-19 Part XVI

If you're not into getting sick, get vaccinated. Get boosted. Check out these numbers:

Singapore says 98.7% of those who tested positive for Covid over the last four weeks are either asymptomatic or had mild symptoms. At the hospitals, patients needing oxygen are half of last month’s levels, while hospitalizations are at the lowest level since Sept. 17.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/singapor...ases-1.1692084

98.7% is about as close to 100 as you'll ever get.

Get the vax and live your life normally

2. Likes:

GAC (12-29-2021),goreds2 (12-15-2021)

Re: Covid-19 Part XVI

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Can't even imagine what it does to a kid to know you carried home the disease that killed your dad. That school better hope the family isn't litigious.
    There is no way to know if he caught it from his son, or if he gave it to his son, or if he caught it anywhere else. The mom could have given it to both of them, or they could have caught it at Kroger.

At the end of the day, we all have to assume we’re going to catch it at some point, so being vaccinated is the best protection. But unfortunately, even when people see other people drop dead around them, it isn’t enough to convince them.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    There is no way to know if he caught it from his son, or if he gave it to his son, or if he caught it anywhere else. The mom could have given it to both of them, or they could have caught it at Kroger.

At the end of the day, we all have to assume we’re going to catch it at some point, so being vaccinated is the best protection. But unfortunately, even when people see other people drop dead around them, it isn’t enough to convince them.
    seems pretty causal if the kid brought it home and then the dad got sick, i'm not a contract tracer but sometimes common sense seems like enough there
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    seems pretty causal if the kid brought it home and then the dad got sick, i'm not a contract tracer but sometimes common sense seems like enough there
    Sure, but there’s a giant leap to actually proving a case and suing somebody. There are now nearly 10,000 new cases a day in Ohio, and they could’ve all gone to a movie together for all we know, and caught it there, and since someone can be asymptomatic, in hindsight there’s no way to know who actually caught it first. Lastly, since the guy died, I think it’s a foregone conclusion that he was unvaccinated. No one is going to be suing anyone.

It’s sad, and I feel for the kid who lost his dad, but for some reason people will never learn.

I think it’s a foregone conclusion that he was unvaccinated. No one is going to be suing anyone.
    That's the story. Not how he got it. He was bound to get it somehow, sometime...why didn't he get vaccinated to protect himself?

Sure, but there’s a giant leap to actually proving a case and suing somebody. There are now nearly 10,000 new cases a day in Ohio, and they could’ve all gone to a movie together for all we know, and caught it there, and since someone can be asymptomatic, in hindsight there’s no way to know who actually caught it first. Lastly, since the guy died, I think it’s a foregone conclusion that he was unvaccinated. No one is going to be suing anyone.

It’s sad, and I feel for the kid who lost his dad, but for some reason people will never learn.
    In a civil case, you only have to prove that it’s likely that the defendant caused the result, you don’t have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case, it’s pretty clear that the most likely cause of the father getting Covid is from the son, who got it at school.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    In a civil case, you only have to prove that it’s likely that the defendant caused the result, you don’t have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case, it’s pretty clear that the most likely cause of the father getting Covid is from the son, who got it at school.
    Oh please, it isn't clear at all. You really think a guy who wouldn't get a vaccine is taking reasonable precautions everywhere else? He could have caught it anywhere, and so could the kid. This would be thrown out before it got started.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    That's one prong of the anlaysis. You must have a legal duty, you must breach that duty, you must cause claimed injury/damage as a matter of fact, you must cause the claimed injury/damage as a matter of law, and there must be actual damage. Was the main cause of death the maskless kids at the school or the unvaccinated dad? Did the school have a duty to the dad? Did they breach any duty to the dad?

Probably not a winner.

Sure, but there’s a giant leap to actually proving a case and suing somebody.
    Oh yeah, sorry, I wasn't speaking to a lawsuit or anything, we're on the same page.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Unfortunately, we do not have Kroger in NE OH - just Giant Eagle and Heinen's - barf!

On a serious note, sure, no way to know how the dad caught it. Frankly, knowing how this school is operating, and how these parents have been pushing for the school to treat COVID like it does not exist, I would be shocked if it did not come from the kids bringing it home from school. There were 35 kids that tested positive for COVID last week alone. And its not even a big school.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Unfortunately, we do not have Kroger in NE OH - just Giant Eagle and Heinen's - barf!

On a serious note, sure, no way to know how the dad caught it. Frankly, knowing how this school is operating, and how these parents have been pushing for the school to treat COVID like it does not exist, I would be shocked if it did not come from the kids bringing it home from school. There were 35 kids that tested positive for COVID last week alone. And its not even a big school.
    Sure, but the parents must be OK with it or else they would yank their kids out of the school. Isn’t it a private school? And unless is a real statistical anomaly, this guy died because he was unvaccinated, not because the kids weren’t wearing masks in school. This didn’t need to happen.

Sure, but the parents must be OK with it or else they would yank their kids out of the school. Isn’t it a private school? And unless is a real statistical anomaly, this guy died because he was unvaccinated, not because the kids weren’t wearing masks in school. This didn’t need to happen.
    Yep, I would assume you are correct on all of this. However, I think not wearing masks didn't help.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yep, I would assume you are correct on all of this. However, I think not wearing masks didn't help.
    The world is not going to mask up forever to protect someone who won't get vaccinated. That's insane. He was bound to get C19 somewhere. It' was only a matter of time

Yeah - now what I’m going to say is anecdotal so I’m curious to what others have seen…

But for a country that has had 50M cases and 800k deaths I’m not seeing a whole lot of finger-pointing as in “you gave me COVID how dare you!” And that goes for both people and venues. Everyone I know positive (both serious and not) has just accepted that they got it and hasn’t really “blamed” anyone/thing in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah - now what I’m going to say is anecdotal so I’m curious to what others have seen…

But for a country that has had 50M cases and 800k deaths I’m not seeing a whole lot of finger-pointing as in “you gave me COVID how dare you!” And that goes for both people and venues. Everyone I know positive (both serious and not) has just accepted that they got it and hasn’t really “blamed” anyone/thing in particular.
    Yeah, I doubt anybody would do that because it’s a nonstarter. Unless it was a unique circumstance, such as being in the hospital for four weeks for a non-Covid reason, and the evidence was clear that you caught it in the hospital, then what can anybody say? I go to packed places all the time where no one is wearing a mask, and if I was unvaccinated and got terribly sick, I wouldn’t be accusing anybody either.

Turn Off Ads?