Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVI

Re: Covid-19 Part XVI

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The study really doesn’t say that the pro natural immunity people were right. Here is a recent article that shows that natural immunity and vaccine immunity were basically the same in terms of overall effectiveness. However, vaccine immunity was far preferable because natural immunity comes with the much higher risk of hospitalization and death when one first gets the virus.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ural-immunity/
    The bolded says it all. Since you acknowledge that, we have no argument. Your point that follows it is irrelevant. I'm not making the suggestion that people should try to get C19 before vaccination...but if it so happens that one does get C19 before vaccination, you are as safe as someone who's had 2 mRNA shots

It's OK to agree once in awhile. I won't hold it against you. It appears that you're searching high and low for something to argue about

2. Turn Off Ads?

To have natural immunity you still would have had to have had covid. I'd rather not have it to begin with. Furthermore, the study doesn't show how long this natural immunity lasts, nor does it show any details about omicron which is now the King of the Hill for the variants.

4. Likes:

757690 (01-23-2022),TeamCasey (01-23-2022),WrongVerb (01-22-2022)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    To have natural immunity you still would have had to have had covid. I'd rather not have it to begin with. Furthermore, the study doesn't show how long this natural immunity lasts, nor does it show any details about omicron which is now the King of the Hill for the variants.
    Those things are irrelevant to preserving their argument.

Covid-19 Part XVI

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Long term effects are an unknown and finding out what that might be I’d prefer to avoid myself, even over being right on the internet…go figure

7. Likes:

TeamCasey (01-23-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

New Covid variant spreading like wildfire across UK and Scandinavia: BA.2 ‘stealth’ mutation now half of all new coronavirus cases in Denmark and rapidly pushing Omicron aside

Various media across Scandinavia and the UK are reporting the emergence of a new Covid variant that is so infectious and spreading so fast that nearly half of all cases in Denmark are now the new mutation, named BA.2, with more than 400 confirmed infections across the UK.

The new mutation has reportedly also popped up in Norway, Sweden, Singapore and India.

Reuters reports that UK health authorities are investigating 426 confirmed cases of BA.2 in Britain, while officials in Denmark said that just over 45 per cent of all new infections in the country are now the new variant.

WHO representatives have rushed to Copenhagen to investigate BA.2, nicknamed ‘stealth Omicron’ in Danish media as the mutation seems to be pushing the Omicron variant aside fairly quickly.
    Ugh!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Man I had a funny response to M2 and it’s been scrubbed forever.

10. Likes:

M2 (01-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    To reiterate, this thread should be focused on COVID and any associated political implications that are specific to it. If you want to discuss presidents past or present, political parties, elections, etc., those discussions should take place in the politics sub-area. If you don't have access there, please refer to the sticky post in this forum, request access and we'll grant it to you.
    Where is the sticky post? I would like to speak freely in that section.

Quote Originally Posted by DayGameRedLegs View Post
    It's the thread at the top of this forum titled "Rules for the Politics and Religion Talk Sub-Forum and How to Request Access".

13. Likes:

DayGameRedLegs (01-23-2022)

It's the thread at the top of this forum titled "Rules for the Politics and Religion Talk Sub-Forum and How to Request Access".
    Got it, thx

I see it's listed under non-sports chatter. Surely I'm allowed to discuss baseball in there, right?

All i want is a place where I can discuss baseball and include my faith.

Quote Originally Posted by DayGameRedLegs View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

They call me "chef"

The only thing you need to know when you enter the politics forum is that there are winners and there are losers…and you decide which one you’ll be. Name’s Lar. I run with the Anti-political crew. We don’t bow to either party, we respect the old ways and , and we’re sure as heck tired of the division and hate coming from the left. We always have room for one more on the winning team. See you on the inside, kid.

18. Likes:

goreds2 (01-24-2022)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Every day, I’m moved exponentially closer to giving up posting on here (and most internet spaces). It’s ding-dong city 24/7.
    Just revisiting this post. No particular reason.

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Long term effects are an unknown and finding out what that might be I’d prefer to avoid myself, even over being right on the internet…go figure
    But if you are right on the internet, you can carry that claim to fame forever!

22. Likes:

westofyou (01-24-2022)

FWIW, yesterday we got together with a family friend of ours who is a Pediatrician. Both he and my wife work at separate offices, but both noted that their offices were far less busy this past week than they had been in the previous weeks. They are still pretty busy compared to the pre-covid norms, but quite a bit lower than what they had been.

24. Likes:

Redsfaithful (01-24-2022),TeamCasey (01-24-2022)

Turn Off Ads?