Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVI

Re: Covid-19 Part XVI

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Guess I’ll join in…Got a sore throat New Years Day and went to the doctor the following Monday for a strep test and COVID test. Negative for strep but positive for COVID! Now 9-11 days later two tests (PCR 1/12 and rapid today) are both positive. I have no symptoms now. Want a negative test to get back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hope you feel better and you can get back to work soon.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

goreds2 (01-15-2022),KittyDuran (01-14-2022),Revering4Blue (01-16-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Wife and I have had very very minor sore throats and throat/chest irritation that has been off/on for the last 3 weeks. We’ve tested negative on 4-5 antigen and PCR tests during that time, so we’ve been living in this weird limbo where we are barely sick every 3-4 days and each bout makes us wonder if we finally got COVID. Our 1 year old has been fine the entire time other than a day with a light fever.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Wife and I have had very very minor sore throats and throat/chest irritation that has been off/on for the last 3 weeks. We’ve tested negative on 4-5 antigen and PCR tests during that time, so we’ve been living in this weird limbo where we are barely sick every 3-4 days and each bout makes us wonder if we finally got COVID. Our 1 year old has been fine the entire time other than a day with a light fever.
    That’s basically where I’ve been at since a couple days before Christmas. I had a sore through and the weirdest light flu like symptoms the day before NYE. I ended up feeling perfectly fine and tested negative on NYE itself…and a bunch of people I was with tested positive the next few days. Who knows man.

6. Likes:

Larry Schuler (01-14-2022)

Obviously there are lots of bugs going around out there. Covid is just one more of them if you've been vaccinated

Guess I’ll join in…Got a sore throat New Years Day and went to the doctor the following Monday for a strep test and COVID test. Negative for strep but positive for COVID! Now 9-11 days later two tests (PCR 1/12 and rapid today) are both positive. I have no symptoms now. Want a negative test to get back to work.

From what I've been told, I think you'll be positive on PCR tests for awhile - its the antigen test that needs to be negative.

Stats - you want stats - here's a link to data that says in Alberta, Canada vaxxed/boosted 80 year olds hospitalizations is less than unvaxxed 12-29 year olds. Vaccinations work.

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1482501951065661440.

10. Likes:

M2 (01-16-2022),redhawkfish (01-16-2022),Redsfaithful (01-17-2022)

My cousin in Louisville just died of COVID. He was in the hospital for a couple of weeks then got better and the sent him home with supplemental oxygen. But this week he was back in ICU with bacterial pneumonia and clots on his lungs. He was put on life support yesterday.

Just completed my third test 2nd rapid …awaiting results.

2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

My cousin in Louisville just died of COVID. He was in the hospital for a couple of weeks then got better and the sent him home with supplemental oxygen. But this week he was back in ICU with bacterial pneumonia and clots on his lungs. He was put on life support yesterday.

Sorry to hear this Kitty, peace to your family. I hope you heal up soon

13. Likes:

goreds2 (01-17-2022),KittyDuran (01-16-2022),Redsfaithful (01-17-2022),Revering4Blue (01-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Stats - you want stats - here's a link to data that says in Alberta, Canada vaxxed/boosted 80 year olds hospitalizations is less than unvaxxed 12-29 year olds. Vaccinations work.

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1482501951065661440.
    They sure do. Anti-vaxxers are starting to post increasing numbers of vaxxed patients in hospitals but what they fail to include is the number of vaxxed folks in the population. For example in Israel the vaxxed population is like 80-90%. So it stands to reason that a fair number will end up in the hospital compared to the meager 10% of the pop. Vaccinations have not been as successful as they were sold a yr ago due to these variants but thank the stars that they are still saving lives

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Hearts out to you and your family.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

16. Likes:

KittyDuran (01-16-2022),Revering4Blue (01-18-2022)

Sorry to hear that

18. Likes:

KittyDuran (01-16-2022),Revering4Blue (01-18-2022)

Best to your family. How old was he?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-18-2022)

I am sorry for your loss. I will hope for strength and healing for you during this time of sorrow.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

22. Likes:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  53.1 KB
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I’m sorry for your loss, Kitty. My condolences to you and your family. Tough times these days.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

25. Likes:

Turn Off Ads?