Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVI

Re: Covid-19 Part XVI

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Well Darwin has been proven right again - https://www.fox5ny.com/news/folk-sin...-dies-of-covid. This genius caught covid on purpose... now she's dead.
    When I tested positive a few weeks ago my wife wanted to get it from me. It felt inevitable at the time, and we were both vaccinated and boosted. She got it about a week later, and had a tougher bout than I did, but is back in the swing of things now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, my gf just tested positive, as well as my contact at my largest customer, and is the most conscientious and cautious person I know. He probably wears an N95 while playing badminton.

It's impossible to avoid at this point assuming you are in contact with anyone.

Norway is taking an interesting approach with 5-11 year olds and the vaccine.

https://twitter.com/TracyBethHoeg/st...747079168?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post

Makes sense

Is there data to support this?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Could be a supply issue. If they don't have an unlimited stock and need to administer boosters, then they might seek to direct their doses toward the adult population.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    There's data that shows kids risk little by getting sick and it shows a risk to receiving the vaccine. I'm guessing this is what Norway is looking at

Norway banned the Moderna vaccine on everyone under 30 in early Oct

Here in Ohio our hospitalizations due to C19 have dropped by 1000 in one week. Down to 5600 now

Norway just started vaccinating young kids less than a week ago. Seems curious that they'd halt it so quickly

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ys-2022-01-14/

Wife's school went remote last week but before that happened it absolutely ravaged her building...she ended up with 2 negative tests before finally testing positive. Doctor she saw said it is a huge issue with testing as covid often doesn't build up enough in the nose after the first few days to trigger a positive. Those negative tests leave folks having to sometimes go to work etc...which speeds up the spread.

The daughter at 9 has a mild case I myself opted for the more complete covid package. Feels like I have been hit with a hammer. Absolutely floored that a small segment of our pop is actively trying to get this thing.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

12. Likes:

M2 (01-20-2022),Redsfaithful (01-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Wife's school went remote last week but before that happened it absolutely ravaged her building...she ended up with 2 negative tests before finally testing positive. Doctor she saw said it is a huge issue with testing as covid often doesn't build up enough in the nose after the first few days to trigger a positive. Those negative tests leave folks having to sometimes go to work etc...which speeds up the spread.

The daughter at 9 has a mild case I myself opted for the more complete covid package. Feels like I have been hit with a hammer. Absolutely floored that a small segment of our pop is actively trying to get this thing.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you all recover quickly.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

You guys take care of yourselves, that’s the suck

Take care of yourselves and get healthy.

I posted on here 3 weeks ago that I tested positive. I had gotten my booster 3.5 weeks before getting exposed. The day I posted was actually day 3 of my symptoms, and that day ended up being my peak symptoms. It was a very mild case. I was a little run down - a kind of lazy tired feeling - had a bad taste in my mouth, a hoarse voice/throat and my lymph nodes were swollen. That was about it. By day 6, my energy was back up to about 80-90 percent. I had nuisance symptoms from days 6-10, including a two day stretch where my taste/smell was just off. It wasn't gone, but it was off with certain things. Milk tasted rancid for a day. By day 10, everything was normal again.

My wife caught it from me, getting symptoms and testing positive 5 days after me. She had similar symptoms as me, though her case hit her harder. Still relatively mild. She was fully vaxxed, but no booster. She was more tired and run down than I was and had a sore throat. She had the same deal where her energy largely returned by day 6, but she had nuisance symptoms such as taste/smell being off for a few days. Like me, by day 10 everything was normal for her again.

And then our 4-year-old caught COVID from my wife. This was a bit unsettling as he's too young for the vaccine. He started complaining of his head and belly hurting first. Then that night he vomited everywhere. He was up virtually all night that first night, complaining of a bad headache and a sore throat. That was beginning of a rotation of tylenol/motrin every few hours for him for the next several days.

The pediatrician was not very helpful, saying only treat the symptoms and take him to the ER if he has trouble breathing. Days 2 and 3 he laid on the couch watching cartoons, not doing much else. The headache lasted about 2 days for him. The sore throat was stubborn, lasting upwards of a full week. His energy returned on day 4, but he kept complaining of a sore throat. Finally on day 7 he stopped complaining about his throat hurting and seemed mostly recovered. That said, he also had a stretch of 2 days around days 8 and 9 where he was complaining that food "tasted funny" and things "don't smell right." And like us, that was temporary. By day 10, which was last weekend, he seemed perfectly fine.

We borrowed a pulse oximeter from our neighbor. Readings were all normal during our bout with COVID. What we all had in common was that it hit us in the throat the most, not chest/lungs and limited sinus issues other than my son's headaches. Thankfully we all seem to be fully recovered. And this was the first normal week for our family since essentially Christmas.
    Last edited by Cyclone792; 01-20-2022 at 09:16 PM.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-21-2022),goreds2 (01-21-2022),M2 (01-20-2022),Redsfaithful (01-21-2022),Roy Tucker (01-20-2022)

Get well soon and take care.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

We need to be more like Norway.

Turn Off Ads?