Turn Off Ads?

Thread: "Holiday Ride" commercial

"Holiday Ride" commercial

I have no idea where is the appropriate place to start a thread about a commercial, and yes I realize GM intentionally tried to get an emotional response to an ad to sell more cars, and yes I know it is unrealistic to attempt to restore a car all in one night......but so what? I get tears every time I watch this commercial about a man mourning the loss of his wife and his daughter's decision to have his wife's/her mom's 1965 Chevy Impala restored for Christmas. Well done.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Likes:

bounty37h (01-05-2022),goreds2 (12-22-2021),Sea Ray (12-22-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Holiday Ride" commercial

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I have no idea where is the appropriate place to start a thread about a commercial, and yes I realize GM intentionally tried to get an emotional response to an ad to sell more cars, and yes I know it is unrealistic to attempt to restore a car all in one night......but so what? I get tears every time I watch this commercial about a man mourning the loss of his wife and his daughter's decision to have his wife's/her mom's 1965 Chevy Impala restored for Christmas. Well done.
    Wow, so strange. I called my dad last night to check on him, and he was watching the football game, and the first thing he said was, "If you got a minute, look for that commercial where the daughter fixes up that old Chevy. It made me think of your mother."

She died a couple of years ago, and when he brought her to the states he bought her a '46 Plymouth and taught her to drive. He said it made him want to go right out and find one.

5. Likes:

goreds2 (12-22-2021)

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

7. Likes:

Chip R (12-22-2021),goreds2 (12-22-2021),RedTeamGo! (12-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

Ha! I vividly remember this commercial from when I was a kid. My parents have always been Folgers drinkers, still the only coffee my dad makes and drinks at home. They get McDonalds coffee when they are out and about. This commercial strikes a cord with me because of that. When this commercial first came out I was young and thought Folgers = coffee.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ha! I vividly remember this commercial from when I was a kid. My parents have always been Folgers drinkers, still the only coffee my dad makes and drinks at home. They get McDonalds coffee when they are out and about. This commercial strikes a cord with me because of that. When this commercial first came out I was young and thought Folgers = coffee.
    "Look, I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka, so have a heart."
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    "Look, I'm a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka, so have a heart."
    I say this quote randomly and people have no idea what I am talking about. Good stuff. What an odd looking fellow, great delivery.

That movie is incredibly quotable. Most people under the age of 35 have no idea what it is. Hell, I am 38 and most people my age don't know that movie.

"MY SKULL!!!!"
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I say this quote randomly and people have no idea what I am talking about. Good stuff. What an odd looking fellow, great delivery.

That movie is incredibly quotable. Most people under the age of 35 have no idea what it is. Hell, I am 38 and most people my age don't know that movie.

"MY SKULL!!!!"
    The turtle from Finding Nemo:

If I was the Sanka guy, I'd sue:

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-22-2021)

Oh Holy Hell. I don't watch commercials much anymore with DVR so missed this one till now. That said, I am bawling at my office desk-my dad died months back and this hit home.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

15. Likes:

goreds2 (01-05-2022)

Turn Off Ads?