Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2024 roster and payroll

2024 roster and payroll

This is what the 2024 roster could look like in 2024. Castillo, Gray, Mahle and Winker will all be gone unless they are extended. I would prefer to extend Winker and Mahle but for this list I will assume they are gone.

C- Stephenson. -1st year arbitration
    C- Mark Kolozsvary or Matheu Nelson or Daniel Vellojin 600,000
    1B- Eugenio Suarez- 11,286,000 (last year of contract)
    2B Jonathan India- 1st year Arbitration
    SS- Jose Barrero- 1st year arbitration
    3B Matt McLean- 600,000
    OF- Alan Cerda- 600,000
    OF- Rece Hinds- 600,000
    OF- Nick Senzel- 3rd year arbitration
    BN- Alejo Lopez - 1st year arbitration
    BN- TJ Friedl - 1st year arbitration
    BN- Ivan Johnson- 600,000
    BN- Lorenzo Cedrola- 600,000

SP- Hunter Greene- 600,000
    SP- Nick Lodolo- 600,000
    SP- Graham Ashcraft- 600,000
    SP- Christian Roa- 600,000
    SP- Santillan- 1st year arbitration

RP- Duarte 600,000
    RP- Gutierrez- 1st year arbitration
    RP- SanMartin- 600,000
    RP- Antone- 2nd year arbitration
    RP- Simms- 3rd year arbitration
    RP- Hoffman- 3rd year arbitration
    RP- Warren- 600,000
    RP- Moreta- 600,000

There are a lot of other minor league players, including De La Cruz that will be knocking on the door by then also.

Our entire payroll wouldn’t be over about 40 million. Could you imagine how good this roster could be with the players we could get back by trading Castillo, Gray, Mahle, and Winker (They won’t be here in 2024 and we are not going to be competitive till then) and about 100 million in free agents? This is why I want to trade Castillo and Gray. (I would like to extend Mahle and Winker but would trade them if an extension couldn’t be worked out) We could set ourselves up like the Astros did. Remember. They went about 3-4 years of losing 100 plus games and are now perennial championship contenders.
    Last edited by krazzy; 12-24-2021 at 07:09 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2024 roster and payroll

Quote Originally Posted by krazzy View Post
    This is what the 2024 roster could look like in 2024. Castillo, Gray, Mahle and Winker will all be gone unless they are extended. I would prefer to extend Winker and Mahle but for this list I will assume they are gone.

C- Stephenson. -1st year arbitration
    C- Mark Kolozsvary or Matheu Nelson or Daniel Vellojin 600,000
    1B- Eugenio Suarez- 11,286,000 (last year of contract.
    2B Jonathan India- 1st year Arbitration
    SS- Jose Barrero- 1st year arbitration
    3B Matt McLean- 600,000
    OF- Alan Cerda- 600,000
    OF- Rece Hinds- 600,000
    OF- FA or trade
    BN- Alejo Lopez 1st year arbitration
    BN- TJ Friedl 1st year arbitration
    BN- Ivan Johnson- 600,000
    BN- Lorenzo Cedrola- 600,000

SP- Hunter Greene- 600,000
    SP- Nick Lodolo- 600,000
    SP- Graham Ashcraft- 600,000
    SP- Christian Roa- 600,000
    SP- FA or trade

RP- Santillan- 1st year arbitration
    RP- Gutierrez- 1st year arbitration
    RP- SanMartin- 600,000
    RP- Antone- 2nd year arbitration
    RP- Simms- 3rd year arbitration
    RP- Hoffman- 3rd year arbitration
    RP- Warren- 600,000
    RP- Moreta- 600,000

There are a lot of other minor league players, including De La Cruz that will be knocking on the door by then also.

Our entire payroll wouldn’t be over about 40 million. Could you imagine how good this roster could be with the players we could get back by trading Castillo, Gray, Mahle, and Winker (They won’t be here in 2024 and we are not going to be competitive till then) and about 100 million in free agents? This is why I want to trade Castillo and Gray. (I would like to extend Mahle and Winker but would trade them if an extension couldn’t be worked out) We could set ourselves up like the Astros did. Remember. They went about 3-4 years of losing 100 plus games and are now perennial championship contenders.
    Not sure about comparing to the Astros. A better recent example might be the White Sox who traded away Sale, Eaton, and Quintana, and got back a veritable bounty from Boston (Moncada, Kopech), Washington (Giolito), and the Cubs (Jiminez, Cease). They'll be contending for the next half decade at least.

I just glanced at their roster. They also built through the draft (Madrigal (traded), Vaughn, Crochet) and international signings (Abreu, Robert). And they fill out the roster with judicious free agent signings (Kuechel, Grandal). The Reds need their GM (and ownership).
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 12-24-2021 at 06:24 PM.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Re: 2024 roster and payroll

Once they get the Roster where it’s actually competitive and a little depth I would like them to act more like the Rays. Trade off players when they start getting expensive to replenish the minors and keep it going

Turn Off Ads?