Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Draft the kid from Iowa Linderbaum (sounds like Seinfeld character)...Bengals have been mocked as picking him....resign Reiff or pay top dollar for a RT if you don't have faith in Carmen.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I highly doubt Williams moves inside. Hopkins needs to go. Carman may be depth right now, but I'd project him as the starting RG next year. I have no idea why Adenji is starting over him - Carman has been better, IMO. Adenji got bullied by Tennessee.

Tyler Linderbaum is not falling to the back end of the 1st. The Bengals would need to trade up for him. Tackles Trevor Penning and Nicholas Petit-Frere I have seen as popular options.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Fix the line in free agency.

5. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-25-2022),Stray (01-25-2022),WrongVerb (01-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I highly doubt Williams moves inside. Hopkins needs to go. Carman may be depth right now, but I'd project him as the starting RG next year. I have no idea why Adenji is starting over him - Carman has been better, IMO. Adenji got bullied by Tennessee.

Tyler Linderbaum is not falling to the back end of the 1st. The Bengals would need to trade up for him. Tackles Trevor Penning and Nicholas Petit-Frere I have seen as popular options.
    True on Linderbaum as we keep winning and moving further away in the draft...and I have seen him mocked at 7 which I thought was high.

FA market seems pretty deep this off season...

Draft 2 sign 1 might be a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Draft the kid from Iowa Linderbaum (sounds like Seinfeld character)...Bengals have been mocked as picking him....resign Reiff or pay top dollar for a RT if you don't have faith in Carmen.
    If Linderbaum is there absolutely.

That said, I doubt he’s there.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Fix the line in free agency.
    I think free agency + draft since they have multiple holes. If they can hit another starter in the draft that's great for cap reasons.

I'd really like to see Carman this weekend over Adeniji.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

CBS is promoting the AFCCG with footage from a Cincy/KC game in 2018. If only there was more recent, relevant footage to use...

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1486081443943968770

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    CBS is promoting the AFCCG with footage from a Cincy/KC game in 2018. If only there was more recent, relevant footage to use...

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1486081443943968770
    No Burrow, no Chase or Higgins… different head coach, too.

It’s almost like CBS is working a narrative here. Hopefully the team takes note of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    No Burrow, no Chase or Higgins… different head coach, too.

It’s almost like CBS is working a narrative here. Hopefully the team takes note of that.
    Watched the NFL Network last night and they basically were giving the Bengals 0 chance...that narrative is going to get old and provide this team with some energy come Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I think free agency + draft since they have multiple holes. If they can hit another starter in the draft that's great for cap reasons.

I'd really like to see Carman this weekend over Adeniji.
    I really REALLY do not want to rely on a rookie or rookies on the line as part of the answer for next year. Rookie learning curves etc...give me 2 definitive upgrades at starter on the line in FA and let's go from there.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

13. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-26-2022),Redsfaithful (01-26-2022),RiverRat13 (01-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Watched the NFL Network last night and they basically were giving the Bengals 0 chance...that narrative is going to get old and provide this team with some energy come Sunday.
    They seem to be forgetting that The Bengals had an exceptional road record this year which includes blowing out The Ravens at the absolute top of their game with a fully healthy Lamar Jackson when they were considered Super Bowl contenders.

Burrow has already said he’s sick of the underdog narrative. Hopefully this will only fuel the fire for a 1990 Reds over A’s type stunner that leaves the media in disbelief.

Obviously Tje Chiefs are favored but this is a really good team that just beat them at the beginning of the month. Using a game from 2018 to drum up the “LoL Chiefs gonna whoop Bengals” narrative is just disrespectful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

There will be plenty of cap room and plenty of players available to shore up the Bengals offensive offensive line.

That's where I'll stop. Your move, Katie Bug.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    There will be plenty of cap room and plenty of players available to shore up the Bengals offensive offensive line.

That's where I'll stop. Your move, Katie Bug.
    Is there a time when they don't have a lot of cap room?

I think they will try and improve, but I don't think (nor do I necessarily think) they are going to sign an Olineman to a top tier contract, a la Joe Thuney.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Is there a time when they don't have a lot of cap room?

I think they will try and improve, but I don't think (nor do I necessarily think) they are going to sign an Olineman to a top tier contract, a la Joe Thuney.
    There’s absolutely no reason they shouldn’t given they’re still a couple years away from having to resign Burrow and Chase.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I really REALLY do not want to rely on a rookie or rookies on the line as part of the answer for next year. Rookie learning curves etc...give me 2 definitive upgrades at starter on the line in FA and let's go from there.
    With that being said, who do you propose they sign?

I mentioned Terrick Armstead earlier. The Saints are in salary cap hell so they can’t resign him. Everyone else I’ve seen is either older or has injury issues.

I think signing 1 and drafting 2 plus moving Jonah inside would shore up a lot of issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?