Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    You all have probably seen this, but if not (or even if so)...enjoy:

I'm generally annoyed by fans who feel the need to whip out their phone and record everything at a game or a concert, but then again we wouldn't have something like this. So I guess I'm cool with it.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I can see Burrow taking a page from Tom Brady or even Barry Larkin by taking less money to stay in order for them to resign Chase and others.

Burrow is a semi local kid with roots in Ohio. As long as the Bengals take care of him (draft and FA) I don’t see him being lured away through free agency.
    If he does, good for you guys. Time will tell!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    You all have probably seen this, but if not (or even if so)...enjoy:

I think the guy in the Scott Covington jersey may have been the biggest highlight for me

I guess the Eric Kresser jerseys were out of stock that day.

6. Likes:

Danny Serafini (01-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I can see Burrow taking a page from Tom Brady or even Barry Larkin by taking less money to stay in order for them to resign Chase and others.

Burrow is a semi local kid with roots in Ohio. As long as the Bengals take care of him (draft and FA) I don’t see him being lured away through free agency.
    I keep seeing that Burrow is a local kid, and that kinda misses the mark. And I may contradict myself seeing that Burrow has been in Ohio since around the age of 9. He jumped around as the son of a coaches kid for a large part of his early life.

I do think Ohio has the strongest pull of any place he has ever lived (based upon nothing.) I also think having his parents live in Athens, a short drive to Cincy, helps.

Joe Burrow will be a Bengals QB for as long as the Bengals want him. Any type of pay cut won't happen until his 3rd contract. After his rookie deal ends, he will be the highest paid QB in the league.

Chase will also be a Bengal for as long as they want him. I see a similar path to that of AJ Green.

The NFL is great in that each team, no matter where they are geographically located, can hold onto their top players, and pay them top dollar.

8. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-19-2022)

They will definitely pay Burrow and likely Chase but it's the other guys that'll be tougher. As for Burrow I expect that they'll give him an extension in a year or two that'll buyout his 5th and possibly 4th yr. That'll decrease the overall per yr value of the new contract and help spread out the salary cap hit. I sure do not think it'll make him the highest paid QB in the league. At least not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They will definitely pay Burrow and likely Chase but it's the other guys that'll be tougher. As for Burrow I expect that they'll give him an extension in a year or two that'll buyout his 5th and possibly 4th yr. That'll decrease the overall per yr value of the new contract and help spread out the salary cap hit. I sure do not think it'll make him the highest paid QB in the league. At least not yet
    Each QB that hits the market, or gets an extension becomes the highest paid QB in the league. Now it may be a little hard to surpass what Mahomes got, but it will be close.

Right now AAV has Mahomes, Allen, Dak, Watson, Wilson, and then Goff. When Burrow signs his extension he will be north of $45M/year.

11. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I keep seeing that Burrow is a local kid, and that kinda misses the mark. And I may contradict myself seeing that Burrow has been in Ohio since around the age of 9. He jumped around as the son of a coaches kid for a large part of his early life.

I do think Ohio has the strongest pull of any place he has ever lived (based upon nothing.) I also think having his parents live in Athens, a short drive to Cincy, helps.

Joe Burrow will be a Bengals QB for as long as the Bengals want him. Any type of pay cut won't happen until his 3rd contract. After his rookie deal ends, he will be the highest paid QB in the league.

Chase will also be a Bengal for as long as they want him. I see a similar path to that of AJ Green.

The NFL is great in that each team, no matter where they are geographically located, can hold onto their top players, and pay them top dollar.
    Burrow CLEARLY views himself as from Ohio - he identifies Athens as his hometown and his charity is centered in and around SE Ohio. He's an Ohio kid.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

13. Likes:

Hypnotoad (01-19-2022),Redsfaithful (01-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Each QB that hits the market, or gets an extension becomes the highest paid QB in the league. Now it may be a little hard to surpass what Mahomes got, but it will be close.

Right now AAV has Mahomes, Allen, Dak, Watson, Wilson, and then Goff. When Burrow signs his extension he will be north of $45M/year.
    He most definitely identified as being from Athens. I have a lot of friends whose kids went to HS with him and everyone says he's just a fantastic person. It's so great to see so many people I know who previously didn't give a flip about football feeling personally invested in the Bengals because of their respect and love for Burrow.
    School's out. What did you expect?

15. Likes:

bm1475 (01-19-2022),forfreelin04 (01-19-2022),Hypnotoad (01-19-2022),membengal (01-19-2022),Redsfaithful (01-19-2022),RiverRat13 (01-19-2022),The Operator (01-19-2022),WVRed (01-19-2022)

Really good analysis by two of the best on ESPN why Ryan and Dan don't have their own show is beyond me...

https://youtu.be/1lFJYYl_XnI
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Hendrickson was full today in practice. He should clear by Saturday.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

18. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-19-2022),oregonred (01-19-2022),Redsfaithful (01-19-2022),RiverRat13 (01-19-2022),Stray (01-19-2022),StRedlegs900 (01-19-2022),The Operator (01-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Hendrickson was full today in practice. He should clear by Saturday.
    Just enormous good news.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

20. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-20-2022),The Operator (01-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I'm generally annoyed by fans who feel the need to whip out their phone and record everything at a game or a concert, but then again we wouldn't have something like this. So I guess I'm cool with it.
    That was awesome. In the post game interview when Burrow said they won't be celebrating as much this game as when they won the division, I told my Dad, he clearly does not understand how important that game was to Bengals fans.

At least he's focused on next week.

Bengals 31
    Titans 24

Henry gets loose but it's Burrow vs Tannehill in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by DayGameRedLegs View Post
    I told my Dad, he clearly does not understand how important that game was to Bengals fans.

At least he's focused on next week.
    This is by far the best part about these Bengals. They haven't the slightest about the curse, the scar tissue or any of that. They just won a game they expected to win.

It's the rest of us who needed it.

24. Likes:

The Operator (01-20-2022)

Turn Off Ads?