Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Huh? It's shaping up to where they wouldn't meet until AFC title game. If it's bengals vs. Steelers to go to the super bowl, I'll take my chances. And be thrilled with the season either way.
    Considering the result when the Steelers played in KC one week before the Bengals beat them in Cincinnati, next week will likely be Roethlisbergers last game.

Have I mentioned I want the Raiders and Chargers to intentionally tie? Imagine the crying in Pittsburgh if that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    How many playoff teams throw their final regular season game? Do they ever win in the postseason?

Shameful performance today.
    The Colts did it a lot with Manning

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Considering the result when the Steelers played in KC one week before the Bengals beat them in Cincinnati, next week will likely be Roethlisbergers last game.

Have I mentioned I want the Raiders and Chargers to intentionally tie? Imagine the crying in Pittsburgh if that happens.
    I know the coaches said they won't do it, but it's the only way to guarantee your team makes the playoffs. I'm sure they're too macho to intentionally tie but it seems like the smart thing to do.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    Well, now the Steelers can knock the Bengals out of the playoffs, yet again. Who could have seen it coming? Wonder who they’ll injure to make it happen this time?
    Very unlikely. They'd have to beat the Chiefs first

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    When it comes to setting players in a meaningless game I understand both sides of that argument. Before the broadcast they were talking that if the Bengals were to win today there were a couple scenarios that could occur where the Bengals could have got the #2 seed.

But again, is that still worth the risk of injury to key players when you've already got a playoff spot locked up?
    It's looking like a good calculation on the Bengals' part. If Buffalo wins and they're looking sharp, then a win would have changed nothing for the Bengals. At best they'd get to #3. That's it. Not worth risking anything

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The Colts did it a lot with Manning
    I’m too lazy to research it but did they do it and have to play the next week? I’m thinking when they did it they had a bye week as well.

What worries me is 2009 all over again, throwing the game against the Jets only for it to backfire a week later. I understand the circumstances are different but I’m scared to death as snakebit as this franchise is they will come out flat next week because of the layover.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I know the coaches said they won't do it, but it's the only way to guarantee your team makes the playoffs. I'm sure they're too macho to intentionally tie but it seems like the smart thing to do.
    What are the details on this? If they tie, who makes the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    What are the details on this? If they tie, who makes the playoffs?
    Pats, Raiders , and Chargers get the wildcards if tonight ends in a tie. Pats, Raiders/Chargers winner, and Steelers if there's a winner.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

11. Likes:

Larkin90 (01-09-2022)

So we now see that our Bengals had nothing to gain by winning today. Good move to rest folks

13. Likes:

membengal (01-09-2022),traderumor (01-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m too lazy to research it but did they do it and have to play the next week? I’m thinking when they did it they had a bye week as well.

What worries me is 2009 all over again, throwing the game against the Jets only for it to backfire a week later. I understand the circumstances are different but I’m scared to death as snakebit as this franchise is they will come out flat next week because of the layover.
    They dominated their division and usually had a Top 2 record so yes they would basically take 2 weeks off. One year I think they had only lost 1 game.
    I guess until the Bengals win a playoff game this is going to happen.

The Colts also had one of the worst or worst exhibition records. Always 1-3 or 0-4 during this period. The best was a lot of time the Lions during their Matt Millen as GM days. Basically they treated the last game about the same.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So a tie or a win by the Chargers means the Bengals play the Bellicheks. But if the Raiders win, the Bengals will play them.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Go Raiders.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

17. Likes:

RBA (01-13-2022)

If I were a betting man, I'd put money down on the Bengals winning the AFC. I like their value a lot.

Raiders just found the end zone, up 10-0. It's looking like the Bengals will get them again.

20. Likes:

goreds2 (01-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Raiders just found the end zone, up 10-0. It's looking like the Bengals will get them again.
    Is it bad I'm having flashbacks already of 2013 or 2014 when the Bengals smashed the Chargers late in the season. The Chargers went on to sneak into the playoffs and then dominated the Bengals at home in the first round of the playoffs.
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?