Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Raiders are traveling across the country on a short week to play a rested Bengals team. I think we win by 10+.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was also super impressed by Herbert last night. He was getting hit every single time he dropped back and he kept making throw after throw. He deserved better from his head coach.

That really could not have worked out any better- Raiders spent emotionally and physically in a game that ended after midnight eastern and they have to travel and play early game on Saturday. Plus we know them, well, from having just played them two months ago. No secrets, no surprises, it's all right there in front of us.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Bengals will be fully rested and Raiders will be on a short week after having to play an extra ten minutes in an emotional game. Best case scenario for the Bengals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also, we KNOW them. Won't be any surprises - film and game memory from two months ago will be fresh. What's interesting is we ran the ball a ton to beat them before. I am guessing we will try that again, but, also, if they can help Prince against Crosby, have a chance to unleash Burrow on the Raiders - something we didn't do after the bye.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Bo Jackson played for the Raiders.
    Not good Bob.

He ran over the Bengals like no other team. They were such a horrible run defense those 1989-90 Bengals teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Step 1: Beat the Raiders.

Step 2: Beat the Titans.

Step 3: Beat the Survivor of Chiefs/Bills/Patriots.

Step 4: Beat the Packers.

Step 5: Go Crazy!
    This seems like a very doable path. I think the toughest one will be the first one. Keeping emotions in check at home, getting the playoff drought monkey off their back. They've played well on the road this year and I'd take their chances after the first weekend.

Lose though in the first game of the weekend before anyone else has even played and it feels like you weren't even part of the tournament.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

9. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (01-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Also, we KNOW them. Won't be any surprises - film and game memory from two months ago will be fresh. What's interesting is we ran the ball a ton to beat them before. I am guessing we will try that again, but, also, if they can help Prince against Crosby, have a chance to unleash Burrow on the Raiders - something we didn't do after the bye.
    I hope they come out throwing. It was great that we were able to pull away late with the run in the first game, but the final score does not reflect how close that game really was. The offense felt stuck in neutral for most of that game. The defense was great in the game too, but I wouldn't expect to hold them to 13 points again. With the way they've been rolling the last couple games airing it out, I hope they stick with that plan.

The offense did feel stuck in neutral that game, but also, I think they were protecting the o-line from the Raiders front, and that was back when we had Reiff. I am not sure our o-line can hold up against the Raiders front dropping back 40 times. Kinda hoping that Raiders are really really gassed from last night and that the tank runs empty earlier this Saturday than it otherwise would for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Andrew Russell
    @PFF_AndrewR
    Highest-graded Bengals in the regular season:

1: J. Burrow - 91.7
    2: T. Higgins - 84.5
    3: C. Awuzie - 83.4
    4: J. Chase - 83.1
    5: D. Reader - 80.9
    6: J. Mixon - 79.5
    7: J. Williams - 77.9
    8: V. Bell - 74.3
    T9: Hendrickson/Hilton - 72.4

All are under contract in 2022-23.

12. Likes:

oregonred (01-10-2022),RiverRat13 (01-10-2022)

This offense has gotten off to slow starts several times this season, and now will be playing after a week off, still with a major question st RT. Most things are setting up terrifically for the Bengals , but a scoreless 1st quarter may not be a good way to start. They need to play well from the start.

The key to the game is not to fall behind where the Raiders can tee off on Burrow. If we can pound 'em with the run and do short dropback passes to pull out in front we should be fine. Herbert had to dropback in pretty much every down after halftime. That's not good

Raiders are a different team with Waller...I think we have more fire power...should be a fun game, and not one to take lightly.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Forecast says snow showers on Saturday in Cincinnati.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (01-11-2022)

fwiw...

Andrew Russell
    @PFF_AndrewR
    ·
    45s
    Man the Raiders run defense (still) absolutely stinks. Devontae Booker looks like an all-pro.

The Raiders are the 7th-worst graded team vs the run and produced the 3rd highest rate of negatively graded plays vs the run this season.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The offense did feel stuck in neutral that game, but also, I think they were protecting the o-line from the Raiders front, and that was back when we had Reiff. I am not sure our o-line can hold up against the Raiders front dropping back 40 times. Kinda hoping that Raiders are really really gassed from last night and that the tank runs empty earlier this Saturday than it otherwise would for them.
    Is the Raiders DL better than the Chiefs? Obviously the Bengals had some issues with the Chiefs DL but the passing game was fine. I get the argument for attacking the weakest part of the Raiders D, but I think the Bengals passing game is so elite right now that they should go out and try to impose their will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Is the Raiders DL better than the Chiefs? Obviously the Bengals had some issues with the Chiefs DL but the passing game was fine. I get the argument for attacking the weakest part of the Raiders D, but I think the Bengals passing game is so elite right now that they should go out and try to impose their will.
    Yes, I think it is. Crosby better on the edge than anyone that Chiefs have and Ngokwe an upgrade too. The edge pressure is so much worse from the Raiders potentially.

Turn Off Ads?