Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

The Chiefs blitzed a fair amount in the first meeting. My guess is they will sit back in coverage and hope to cover long enough that their standard pass rush can get home/disrupt. Hope Cincy can figure a way to keep Joe a little cleaner.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Couple of thoughts:

-I haven't "cared" about a Bengals game since the debacle against Pittsburgh. I have found enjoyment in watching the games, win or lose, and its a whole lot more fun to view it this way.

-I was pretty much dead wrong on Burrow (as I have said before.) Guys is the real deal. I think you saw a big jump mid year this year when he got more comfortable. Its hard to believe that this is his first full season in the league.

-That said, Burrow needs to do a better job at times of getting rid of the ball. Granted he got beaten and bruised Sat, but there were a couple of those 9 sacks that resulted from him holding the ball too long. That should come with more reps.

-The Oline is a mess right now, but did they find a bright spot in Isaiah Prince? Fix this Oline and Burrow may be unstoppable.

-The defense is better than I ever expected. I thought they lacked playmakers, but they have built a nice all around unit. Kudos to Eli Apple for turning his career around, and Jessie Bates for playing his best football now. Pay that man.

-I was critical of them drafting McPherson when they did. However that looks like a great pick. The rule of thumb is if you like a K draft him one round earlier, and the Bengals did that. Its nice to have a kicker back there who you have extreme confidence in.

-Taylor is rounding into his own as a coach, and I think what KC did to Buffalo is why Taylor played the ending of the KC game earlier this year the way he did. All that said, the Bengals will need to score TD's instead of kicking FG's to beat the Chiefs. 7.5 seems like a pretty big line for this game.
    It's obvious you haven't followed the Bengals until very recently.

I would hammer the under. They just aren't a talented team.
    https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...=1#post4328508

But of course you weren't the only one:

Agreed.

They have a lot of talented guys. But too many question marks and too much to overcome.

I've seen this movie before. It ends with a top 10 pick and more empty promises for the future.
    https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...=1#post4328523

6.5 is a great over/under. I lean towards 6-11.
    Yay for Mem!

This is an 8 win team. I would play the over.
    Back to Bucksfan:

An infusion of talent. I think they made some good offseason moves, but they just aren't that talented.

Where are they All Pro or pro bowl caliber? The only player on the roster who I think is at that level is Bates. Other than that, they have some good players and nice pieces, but just aren't that talented. I think in the top 100 players lists that came out, only Bates made it from the Bengals.

I think Higgins can be a good #2 WR, but don't see a top tier caliber WR. Mixon is good, but IMO RB's are a dime a dozen. I do think Boyd is a top tier slot WR, but not a game breaker.

When someone says 8 wins, I don't see it. They are void of the talent that it takes in order to compete at a .500 level. For anyone who thinks this club is an 8-9 team, make your case. They are one injury from a dumpster fire on the OLine. Burrow has to take a massive step for the offense to rise to that level. And well the D is just a big question mark for me.
    This team is very talented in all areas except for O-line which is very devoid of talent

RF gets it:

I do think there's a non-zero chance that Joe Burrow is a top-10 QB this year though, and if he gets there then anything can happen really.
    Of course the Bengals exceeded everyone's expectations but they did have far more talent than folks on here gave them credit.

I said this about Chase's preseason drops:

Performance in what? Preseason games? In the big picture that's nothing. It's far too early to say what effect that year off had
    https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...=1#post4324089

4. Likes:

membengal (01-24-2022),Redsfaithful (01-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    the matchup I preferred, just did not see @Bills going well, this is a matchup we know we have a legit shot
    The whole game I was rooting for the Chiefs because I thought the Bills were a bigger problem. And then the last few minutes had me changing my mind. Both of those teams are so good. Certainly seems like those are the two best teams in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An elimination game in KC is going to be a whole different can of worms than that regular-season win.

But I thought their year would end in Nashville, so thankfully I don't know what I am talking about.

To get this far you have to be considered one of the better teams in the NFL I would give the advantage to the Chiefs because they are playing at home and their O line is better than ours. But let us hang around this thing going into the 4th quarter and anything can happen. Bengals have played some elite teams this season and were able to hang around throughout...I would expect the O line to take what happened against Tenn personally and step up. We definitely have a punchers chance.

Buckle up!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

8. Likes:

UKFlounder (01-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...=1#post4328508

But of course you weren't the only one:

https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...=1#post4328523

Yay for Mem!

Back to Bucksfan:

This team is very talented in all areas except for O-line which is very devoid of talent

RF gets it:

Of course the Bengals exceeded everyone's expectations but they did have far more talent than folks on here gave them credit.

I said this about Chase's preseason drops:

https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...=1#post4324089
    Stay classy SeaRay. You may want to go back through the years and see how active I was in the old Bengals threads. I have followed this team for years, but proving it on the interwebs isn't something I really feel the need to do.

As for predictions, I stand by a lot of what I said. Vegas thought this was a 6.5 win team, I thought they would be worse. Its a shame when you can't be wrong on your predictions.

As for Burrow, he arrived a little sooner than I thought. He was coming of a massive knee injury, had yet to have a full season of starts. I said I think he can be a top 10 QB, just not this year. I think a lot of other Bengals fans thought the same thing.

Mem said they were an 8 win team, good for him, they were actually an 10 win team.

I think it was fair to wonder how the top tier draft picks who sat out the previous year would perform. Chase had issues coming out of camp with drops, he even made a questionable comment about the stripes on a NFL football. Just so you don't have to take time looking it up, I was team Sewell, and thought Chase may have some rust in his first year. Stupid me.

The defense is better than I thought it would be. I do think they are lacking in star power, but just don't have the black holes they have had over the years. They are a good team, but its was pretty much acknowledged that they were the least talented team in the Divisional Round. They have a ton of cap and team that is trending in the right direction.

SeaRay I will save you some time on this one. I thought Palmer was going to lead the Bengals to the promised land, thought Dalton was good enough, didn't like the AJ Green pick (you don't take WR's that high), thought it was smart to give up on Whit when they did, thought Jonah Williams was a poor pick, wanted Chase Young over Burrow (wanted Fields/Lawrence) in the next draft. I could go on, its hard to be accurate on predictions, especially on the internet when someone can dig though all your old posts.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Stay classy SeaRay. You may want to go back through the years and see how active I was in the old Bengals threads. I have followed this team for years, but proving it on the interwebs isn't something I really feel the need to do.

As for predictions, I stand by a lot of what I said. Vegas thought this was a 6.5 win team, I thought they would be worse. Its a shame when you can't be wrong on your predictions.

As for Burrow, he arrived a little sooner than I thought. He was coming of a massive knee injury, had yet to have a full season of starts. I said I think he can be a top 10 QB, just not this year. I think a lot of other Bengals fans thought the same thing.

Mem said they were an 8 win team, good for him, they were actually an 10 win team.

I think it was fair to wonder how the top tier draft picks who sat out the previous year would perform. Chase had issues coming out of camp with drops, he even made a questionable comment about the stripes on a NFL football. Just so you don't have to take time looking it up, I was team Sewell, and thought Chase may have some rust in his first year. Stupid me.

The defense is better than I thought it would be. I do think they are lacking in star power, but just don't have the black holes they have had over the years. They are a good team, but its was pretty much acknowledged that they were the least talented team in the Divisional Round. They have a ton of cap and team that is trending in the right direction.

SeaRay I will save you some time on this one. I thought Palmer was going to lead the Bengals to the promised land, thought Dalton was good enough, didn't like the AJ Green pick (you don't take WR's that high), thought it was smart to give up on Whit when they did, thought Jonah Williams was a poor pick, wanted Chase Young over Burrow (wanted Fields/Lawrence) in the next draft. I could go on, its hard to be accurate on predictions, especially on the internet when someone can dig though all your old posts.
    SR has this weird thing about shaming people. It's really kinda sad.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

forfreelin04 (01-24-2022)

Classy? All I did was directly quote people and you take offense. Directly quoting folks here should be fair game. You continually said this team lacked talent. I challenged you on it at the time. Just say "I was wrong and I'm glad." And leave the "classy" stuff out of it

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    SR has this weird thing about shaming people. It's really kinda sad.
    You have this weird thing about wanting to do "the personal stuff" rather than discuss issues which in this case is Bengals football. If we can't directly copy/paste posts around here then something's wrong

Certainly, the way the Chiefs played in the last "13 seconds" in regulation and in OT makes them look more formidable. However, McDermott really goofed by not squibbing the kickoff. That gave the Chiefs at bare minimum one more play. Also, the Bill had every reason to believe they had won. If I recall, it looked like Diggs and Allen were in tears after they scored there at the end. I am sure the defensive players reaction was similar, and mentally I'm sure it was tough to continue play in OT. They also looked straight gassed. Maybe this is more of an indictment of the terrible OT rules in the NFL. The college football overtime rules would be much more exciting IMO.

I'm not saying our Bengals are going to beat the Chiefs, but the best case scenario happened last night. The two best teams in the AFC had arguably one of the best games in NFL History.

I'm too young to remember the 1975 WS. Growing up, I always assumed that Fisk won that series for them. It didn't. Maybe the Chiefs win will be Fisk's homer and the Bengals will dance into LA. One can dream.
    Last edited by forfreelin04; 01-24-2022 at 12:35 PM.

15. Likes:

Redsfaithful (01-24-2022)

I think Mixon needs to have a big game on the ground, and they have to force at least one turnover to pull off the win in KC. Keeping Mahomes off the field as much as possible and forcing a turnover or two is the way to beat them at home.

17. Likes:

forfreelin04 (01-24-2022),goreds2 (01-24-2022)

Name:  22.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  34.8 KB

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-26-2022),Roy Tucker (01-24-2022),texasdave (01-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    The whole game I was rooting for the Chiefs because I thought the Bills were a bigger problem. And then the last few minutes had me changing my mind. Both of those teams are so good. Certainly seems like those are the two best teams in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Bengals are as good. They already proved that on the field against the Chiefs.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I always find it funny when someone questions someone else fandom.

I would ask where have I not admitted that I was wrong, but I am sure you can dig through my posts and find that out.

I have doubted the talent on this team and I am glad they are overcoming that.

Here is my thing, enjoy the Bengals however you want, if you are a fan since inception, one of the one million fans who claim to be at the freezer bowl, or just a recent fan, who cares, enjoy the games.

Its been a special season, an unexpected season, enjoy it.

22. Likes:

forfreelin04 (01-24-2022),Hillsdale87 (01-24-2022),moewan (01-24-2022),Redsfaithful (01-24-2022),westofyou (01-24-2022)

I always find it funny when someone questions someone else fandom.

I would ask where have I not admitted that I was wrong, but I am sure you can dig through my posts and find that out.

I have doubted the talent on this team and I am glad they are overcoming that.

Here is my thing, enjoy the Bengals however you want, if you are a fan since inception, one of the one million fans who claim to be at the freezer bowl, or just a recent fan, who cares, enjoy the games.

Its been a special season, an unexpected season, enjoy it.
    None of us here are perfect posters, football is emotional and being a fan causes us to react in certain ways. If you checked my posts from last season I wanted Lou to be fired...man was I wrong on that one.

I also feel it is safe to say that while some of us were bullish on the Bengals this season none of us expected AFC Championship game.

It's a young, fun, team that I hope we can keep together the next 5 years. Teams like this don't come around often I plan on savoring ever single moment of this ride.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

24. Likes:

Redsfaithful (01-24-2022),The Operator (01-24-2022)

Turn Off Ads?