Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Re: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Some barf worthy commentary from Michaels & Collinsworth hoping the KC fans give Big Ben an ovation at the end and talking about how he “embodies the spirit of Pittsburgh”.

Major barf. The man would be in jail if the #metoo movement happened a decade earlier.
    Have you forgotten who our current running back is?

If you want to hate Ben because he's a Steeler, that's fine. But the people that rag on him about that stuff ignore that we continue to support someone who knocked out a woman and made several homophobic comments.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 01-16-2022 at 11:22 PM.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-17-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

If you want to hate Ben because he's a Steeler, that's fine. But the people that rag on him about that stuff ignore that we continue to support someone who knocked out a women and made several homophobic comments.
    Nope. I’m aware that Mixon is a scum bag and I wasn’t happy when they drafted him, either.

I could point you to multiple posts on my Facebook saying as much.

Call me back though when TV announcers are blathering on and on about what a fantastic person he is and how he embodied the city of Cincinnati and yada yada yada.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Well, that went as expected. Good luck to the Bengals over the rest of the playoffs. And I hope, sincerely, that Joe Burrow can give Bengals fans the kind of memories Ben Roethisburger's Steelers have given me over his career.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

6. Likes:

goreds2 (01-17-2022),Kingspoint (01-16-2022),redhawkfish (01-17-2022),RedsBaron (01-17-2022),Revering4Blue (01-16-2022),WVRed (01-17-2022)

Good riddance to Big Ben. Nothing against the guy, just spent most of my life watching his Steelers beat up on us. In his prime he was maddening with the way he'd shake off 300 pound d-lineman and still complete passes.

8. Likes:

goreds2 (01-17-2022),Tony Cloninger (01-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

If you want to hate Ben because he's a Steeler, that's fine. But the people that rag on him about that stuff ignore that we continue to support someone who knocked out a woman and made several homophobic comments.
    Repeat offender, much older with his incidences, not treated like a GOD, completely different.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-17-2022)

Watching the Cowboys today really highlighted how well coached Taylor's Bengals are. So disciplined, we don't beat ourselves with stupid penalties.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Repeat offender, much older with his incidences, not treated like a GOD, completely different.
    Not different at all. With that type of offence you do it once you're a dirt bag. It's very hypocritical to hate Big Ben and not your own guy.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Not different at all. With that type of offence you do it once you're a dirt bag. It's very hypocritical to hate Big Ben and not your own guy.
    I know you’re talking to Kingspoint here but I will refer you to my earlier comments about Mixon. Not a fan.

That said, though… it absolutely is different. Big Ben absolutely HAS been treated like a god for almost 20 years. The man was accused of raping a girl and the cops showed up and POSED FOR A SELFIE with him.

The poor girl probably knew she had no chance when the cops showed up and wanted to take fanboy pictures with the guy who did it. She started receiving death threats once the media got a hold of the story. What a wonderful world we live(d) in.

I’ll say it again… if #metoo happens a decade earlier, Big Ben probably goes to jail and at the very least his career would have been in major peril. See: Watson, Deshaun.
    Last edited by The Operator; 01-17-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I know you’re talking to Kingspoint here but I will refer you to my earlier comments about Mixon. Not a fan.

That said, though… it absolutely is different. Big Ben absolutely HAS been treated like a god for almost 20 years. The man was accused of raping a girl and the cops showed up and POSED FOR A SELFIE with him.

The poor girl probably knew she had no chance when the cops showed up and wanted to take fanboy pictures with the guy who did it. She started receiving death threats once the media got a hold of the story. What a wonderful world we live(d) in.

I’ll say it again… if #metoo happens a decade earlier, Big Ben probably goes to jail and at the very least his career would have been in major peril. See: Watson, DeSean.
    I agree, Big Ben has been treated like a God. When I say this, I'm not saying it's right, just the way that I think it is. I think Ben is treated different because he is a QB and he plays for the Steelers, and I'm sure there are some racial things in there, but this isn't the politics side, so I'll just leave it at that.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

15. Likes:

The Operator (01-17-2022)

2022 NFL Playoff Thread

I’ll say it again… if #metoo happens a decade earlier, Big Ben probably goes to jail and at the very least his career would have been in major peril. See: Watson, Deshaun.
    It would be perfect irony if DeShaun Watson replaced Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh.

Don’t see it happening though.

BTW, the Mixon pick was absolutely crucified by the media when the Bengals made it. He drew comparisons to LeVeon Bell when he was in his prime in Pittsburgh but because of what happened he received a 3rd to 4th round grade. I remember the draft being in Philly that year and the fans booing the pick.
    Last edited by WVRed; 01-17-2022 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

17. Likes:

SF is in a nice spot…you have Lance waiting in the wings while you dangle Jimmy G for a 1st round pick and more.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    SF is in a nice spot…you have Lance waiting in the wings while you dangle Jimmy G for a 1st round pick and more.
    What is the ceiling with Lance?

Depending on how far the ‘9ers go this year they could be in for a fan revolt if they trade Jimmy G and Lance isn’t everything he was advertised to be. It’s an interesting spot to be in.

What is the ceiling with Lance?

Depending on how far the ‘9ers go this year they could be in for a fan revolt if they trade Jimmy G and Lance isn’t everything he was advertised to be. It’s an interesting spot to be in.
    Lance might still be a little raw... but they made him a top 3 pick for a reason, plus they gave up 2 1st round picks to move up to get him. They have Jimmy under contract next season at 24 mil. So they could go with both guys again next season however they may try and recoup what they lost getting Lance.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

21. Likes:

Haha. Another ref mistake on an AJ Green catch.

Now LA challenge.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Haha. Another ref mistake on an AJ Green catch.

Now LA challenge.
    And it rightfully gets reversed. No catch.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?