Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Re: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s just weird to me that Brady goes to Tampa and immediately wins a SB, and is looking in good position to win another this year, and the Pats were terrible in year 1 and got absolutely embarrassed by the Bills in the first round in year 2. I get it, you’re going with the Phil Jackson/Jordan defense, but so far, in his career without Brady (and remember he was a HC before Brady) he has done absolutely nothing.
    I think people overplay the Bucs thing with Brady. Brady was smart in the team he chose. He knew he was going to a loaded team. It's not like he took a beleaguered roster and built them into champs. It was a really good team that was let down in 2019 by a QB who threw 30 INTs. They have 3 pro bowl OL, an elite receiving unit until the recent injuries/whatever AB did, and a great D. Probably the best roster in the NFL.

Not the Brady is unimpressive. He's an elite QB who had a great season, and that fact that he's 44 makes it all even crazier, but I just think the narrative of him turning around the Bucs is a bit overblown.

Belichick is a great coach. IMO I don't think there's anybody even close as a coach, but I think he's let himself down as a GM. It's impressive that he's been able to take teams with substandard talent to Super Bowls, but he could have been even more impressive if he actually selected good talent! His ability to coach up lower round guys is awesome, but his miss rate on high picks is a problem. His ability to constantly win trades helped overcome that a bit, but still an issue. I do think he's slowing down a bit now though. His in game decision making used to be on the cutting edge in terms of aggressiveness. Now he's extremely conservative. I get that he has a young QB, but it's cost them multiple times this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jalen Hurts has been awful this game...very inaccurate. Minshew isn't the answer long tern but man he has to be better than this today.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Every AAFL and NFL champion coached by Paul Brown featured Otto Graham as QB.
    Every NFL and Super Bowl champion coached by Vince Lombardi featured Bart Starr as QB.
    Every Super Bowl champion coached by Tom Landry featured Roger Staubach as QB.
    Every Super Bowl champion coached by Chuck Noll featured Terry Bradshaw as QB.
    As previously noted, every Super Bowl champion coached by Bill Walsh featured Joe Montana as QB.
    Bradshaw wasn't the key to those Steeler SBs under Knoll. It was more about the Steel Curtain and the running game of Franco Harris & Rocky Bleier

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    A lot of salt toward Bill and I don't know why. Every coach needs a great QB to win a Super unless you're the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.
    What salt? I asked a question.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

No point in trying to sperate the successes of Tom and Bill. Tom isn't Tom without Bill, and vice versa.

Think that Tom would be what he is if Cleveland randomly took him before the Pats? Or that BB would have won a thousand super bowls without his franchise QB entrenched for decades and taking less money to help build the rest of the team?

They needed each other to do what they did. Plus a little help from a terrible division, the league always backing and protecting them, and some cheating tossed in.

Also Brady jumped the Pats when he knew that they would be bad and moved to the best team in the league. He's a great QB of course, so he could choose to do that. But he didn't really turn the franchise around single handedly.

If you have to separate the QB from the coach, then Joe Gibbs is the GOAT for winning 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs.

8. Likes:

Chip R (01-18-2022),KronoRed (01-17-2022),RichRed (01-16-2022)

Dak = Dalton

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Bradshaw wasn't the key to those Steeler SBs under Knoll. It was more about the Steel Curtain and the running game of Franco Harris & Rocky Bleier
    Sure, but the point remains: Rare is the coach that wins Super Bowls or NFL championships with different QBs.
    RiverRat13 correctly mentioned how Joe Gibbs won three Super Bowls with three different QBs. Another coach, not often mentioned among the NFL's greatest ever, George Siefert won Super Bowls with the 49ers with Joe Montana and Steve Young at QB.
    Technically, Don Shula won NFL championships with both Earl Morrall and Bob Griese at QB. The "technical" part is that while Shula's 1968 Colts won the NFL championship with Morrall, they lost the Super Bowl to the Jets. As a further "technicality," while Griese started the back-to-back Super Bowls won by the 1972 and 1973 Dolphins, for most of the 1972 regular season, Morrall was Miami's starting QB because of an injury to Griese.
    George Halas coached the Bears for a half century and won NFL titles with several QBs.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

11. Likes:

Chip R (01-18-2022)

Brady is the greatest QB ever.
    Belichick is the greatest coach ever.

And no one asked but Saban is the greatest college coach ever.

All of that happened so fast relatively speaking…

Alright can I just say that while it is a bit goofy, this NFL on Nickelodeon thing is actually pretty cool at the same time?

Brilliant move by the NFL to get kids more involved and interested in football.

Meanwhile, MLB is focused on unwritten rules and throwing projectiles at people’s heads for having too much fun in a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

14. Likes:

Chip R (01-18-2022)

That should have been a pick 6 if the Cowboys DB was more patient. But we've got a game now.

I haven't watched a lot of Dallas this season, but Dak and Burrow have been the lead comeback POY guys all year, and it doesn't even look close. Dak has been atrocious today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez! Cowboys have 14 penalties so far in this game.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

“Interesting” play call by Dallas to end the game

19. Likes:

Chip R (01-18-2022)

That was a “Ghost of Bengals Past” type ending in the Dallas game.

Run the ball to the middle of the field with no timeouts and seconds remaining? Hopefully that was a bad decision by Prescott, otherwise whoever called that play should be immediately fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

21. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-16-2022)

Turn Off Ads?