Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Re: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Quite a co-ink-e-dink that everyone was so worried about a tie, and then they end up going to overtime, but rather than ending in a tie, which would not be must-see-tv, it instead ends with a dramatic FG.

Reminds me of The Truman Show, honestly.

Keep in mind, college football is classified as a "sport". The NFL is classified as "sport entertainment." What's the difference, you may ask?

What, indeed...

Throughout that case, the NFL repeatedly positioned itself legally as a “sports entertainment” business, not a genuinely contested “sport.” College football, for example, is legally classified as a “collegiate sport.” The only other “sports entertainment” businesses are professional wrestling and roller derby.
    https://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...roller%20derby

Remember that the next time you see another one of those phantom holding calls or whatever that has a direct impact on the final score.

Now that your tin foil hat is on, ask yourself what is the big Truman Show-like story at this point. Big Ben, right?

Watch...
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 01-10-2022 at 12:53 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

757690 (01-10-2022),alwaysawarrior (01-11-2022),bm1475 (01-10-2022),Larkin90 (01-10-2022),The Operator (01-10-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Predictions:

Bengals 34 Raiders 30
    Bills 24 Patriots 22
    Bucs 28 Eagles 14
    Cowboys 37 49ers 20
    Chiefs 38 Steelers 17
    Rams 17 Cardinals 14

Packers 31 Bucs 30
    Rams 31 Cowboys 28
    Bills 34 Bengals 24
    Titans 38 Chiefs 35

Packers 28 Rams 25
    Titans 42 Bills 37

Packers 38 Titans 34

*I think the winner comes from the Rodgers/Brady match that i'm pretty confident will happen. I went with Green Bay because Brady is down 2 of his 3 top WRs and I expect Davante Adams will either be doubled or feast on Tampa's secondary.
    *The best game of this scenario and one I hope will happen is Bills-Titans round 2. Eight lead changes the last time these two met, and both teams were in good health at that time.
    *The most dangerous team from the NFC that makes me nervous about my predication is the Rams. In the AFC its the Bengals.
    *The teams I think have no shot at getting to the SuperBowl - Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, and Arizona. Of those 4 the one that gives me pause is Arizona, but I see no way without Hopkins. Las Vegas is playing well, but I think Cincinnati's offense is too potent.
    *Even if it ends in round 2 defeat to Green Bay we are once again going to be shown why Tom Brady is the best to ever do it.
    The Titans and Chiefs cannot play each other on 2nd round...they would only face each other in Championship...they are the #1 and #2 seeds.

5. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-10-2022)

"So Fla Red"

Also Bucs and Packers cannot play until the NFC Championship game

When you take the sports betting now being legal in half the country; the NFL's partnerships with betting sites; the "eye in the sky" communicating with officials in real-time to change calls/no calls; and the incredibly high percentage of the time that high-profile games have been "instant classics" this year, I am 100% tinfoil hat on the NFL being at least somewhat rigged.

By "at least somewhat," I don't mean they're legislating blowouts; sometimes there's a game where there's nothing you can do about it. But when they have the chance to put their fingers on the scale and sway events, they've been doing it more than ever this season.

There's a reason they want everyone thinking the officials are incompetent. It's plausible deniability.

8. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-11-2022),Larkin90 (01-10-2022)

Alright, I was confused by this image

Name:  nfl-playoff-bracket-010922-ftr_gscgn5ww8h6615x2qt7lgq00e (1).png
Views: 210
Size:  270.8 KB

Not sure why I wasnt thinking clearly about which seed would play against who because the NFL plays based on which seeds win, not a set bracket. The #1 and #2 seeds playing that early shouldve set of something in my head but clearly it didnt.

Making changes...many of them lol

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So to play the Titans, the Bengals need to beat the Raiders, then have the Chiefs and Bills win as well. If the Bills lose, then the Bengals play the Chiefs again (provided both teams win).
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    So to play the Titans, the Bengals need to beat the Raiders, then have the Chiefs and Bills win as well. If the Bills lose, then the Bengals play the Chiefs again (provided both teams win).
    Hopefully Carr can eliminate that possibility . Bills can beat the Pats, and Big Ben retires. In which case its 5 Oak @ 1 Ten; 3 Bills @ 2 KC.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Predictions:

#4 Bengals 34 #5 Raiders 30
    #3 Bills 24 #6 Patriots 22
    #2 Bucs 28 #7 Eagles 14
    #3 Cowboys 37 #6 49ers 20
    #2 Chiefs 38 #7 Steelers 17
    #4 Rams 24 #5 Cardinals 17

#2 Chiefs 42 #4 Bengals 35
    #1 Titans 37 #3 Bills 34
    #1 Packers 27 #4 Rams 17
    #2 Bucs 30 #3 Cowboys 27

#1 Titans 35 #2 Chiefs 27
    #1 Packers 40 #2 Bucs 37

Packers 38 Titans 34

So, chalk the whole way!

*I think the winner comes from the Rodgers/Brady match that i'm pretty confident will happen. I went with Green Bay because Brady is down 2 of his 3 top WRs and I expect Davante Adams will either be doubled or feast on Tampa's secondary.
    *The best game of this scenario and one I hope will happen is Bills-Titans round 2. Eight lead changes the last time these two met, and both teams were in good health at that time.
    *The most dangerous team from the NFC that makes me nervous about my predication is the Rams. In the AFC its the Bengals.
    *The teams I think have no shot at getting to the SuperBowl - Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, and Arizona. Of those 4 the one that gives me pause is Arizona, but I see no way without Hopkins. Las Vegas is playing well, but I think Cincinnati's offense is too potent.
    *Even if it ends in defeat to Green Bay we are once again going to be shown why Tom Brady is the best to ever do it.

**Corrections made to reflect correct matchups
    In this scenario, wouldn't the Bengals face the Titans, not the Chiefs, in round 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (01-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Quite a co-ink-e-dink that everyone was so worried about a tie, and then they end up going to overtime, but rather than ending in a tie, which would not be must-see-tv, it instead ends with a dramatic FG.

Keep in mind, college football is classified as a "sport". The NFL is classified as "sport entertainment." What's the difference, you may ask?

What, indeed...

Remember that the next time you see another one of those phantom holding calls or whatever that has a direct impact on the final score.

Now that your tin foil hat is on, ask yourself what is the big Truman Show-like story at this point. Big Ben, right?

Watch...

I said this on another site last night… The Chiefs better come out guns a blazin’ and run up the score on The Steelers.

If it’s within 2 scores by the 4th quarter, strange things will start happening. Suddenly Ben will have all day to throw and nary a holding penalty to be found. Suddenly things that were allowed all game long will turn into pass interference.

I’ve seen it too many times over the years. Not saying it’s outright fixed, but if The Steelers are anywhere close late in the game, they absolutely start getting preferential officiating.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-11-2022),bm1475 (01-10-2022),Larkin90 (01-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    In this scenario, wouldn't the Bengals face the Titans, not the Chiefs, in round 2?

I keep managing to screw this thing up......

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

What, indeed...

Watch...
    ^ This. Big Ben is the story this year. I’m expecting either Ben vs Rodgers or Ben vs Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    ^ This. Big Ben is the story this year. I’m expecting either Ben vs Rodgers or Ben vs Brady.
    Not even the officials can make that much magic happen. The Steelers are not good and Ben is also a subpar player as of now

Non Bengals takes

I kinda don't think the Bucs are that good right now and the Eagles are super dangerous? Would not be surprised to see that Philly upset, tho I wouldn't wager anything on it. Chiefs huge, like 21+. 9ers over the Cowboys, and Cards/Rams is a tossup, but I'll go Cards because I do not think Stafford is that good. Pats vs Bills should be really good. I'll take the Bills because Josh Allen.

Also, Bengals by double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Not even the officials can make that much magic happen. The Steelers are not good and Ben is also a subpar player as of now
    Since starting 1-3, the Steelers are 8-4-1.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Since starting 1-3, the Steelers are 8-4-1.
    Tomlin is such a great coach. Nothing about this Steelers team makes it seem like they should be a playoff team. They had a -55 point differential. And yet they figured out a way to win some ugly games against good teams.

23. Likes:

goreds2 (01-11-2022)

Turn Off Ads?