Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Re: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Or with 0:13 seconds left on the clock in the 4th. I doubt KC wouldve expected that. I honestly dont understand not squib kicking it, that creates the chance of the returner not fielding it cleanly and more time going off the clock.
    Or instead of starting at the 25 with 13 seconds they start closer to the 40 with 11 seconds. Or even worse case their returns team gets scorched.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anybody see the video of Patrick Mahomes’ girlfriend spraying champagne on Chiefs fans in the freezing cold from the comfort of her luxury box?

Maybe they were cool with it in the moment, but I for one would not have been happy about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Or instead of starting at the 25 with 13 seconds they start closer to the 40 with 11 seconds. Or even worse case their returns team gets scorched.
    Well we saw what happened with that scenario......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Anybody see the video of Patrick Mahomes’ girlfriend spraying champagne on Chiefs fans in the freezing cold from the comfort of her luxury box?

Maybe they were cool with it in the moment, but I for one would not have been happy about that.
    Her and his brother are 100% my reason for not wanting the Chiefs to win.

5. Likes:

The Operator (01-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Her and his brother are 100% my reason for not wanting the Chiefs to win.
    They really do seem like the worst. I can’t believe Andy Reid allows His brother to pull so much crap on the sidelines.

7. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (01-24-2022),Stray (01-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Bills should have squib-kicked it. Would they rather take their chance on an upback taking it to the house, or Mahommes? They chose poorly. Mahommes would have had 7 seconds to work with, most likely at the 30-40 yard line.
    I'm not so sure squib kicking would have been a good idea. If it doesn't hit anyone else, the upback is going to field it somewhere between the 30 and 40 yard lines. He doesn't have to return it though and can declare himself down immediately. Maybe a second or two run off the clock, maybe no seconds. You lose a couple of seconds at the most but you also gain 5-15 yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm not so sure squib kicking would have been a good idea. If it doesn't hit anyone else, the upback is going to field it somewhere between the 30 and 40 yard lines. He doesn't have to return it though and can declare himself down immediately. Maybe a second or two run off the clock, maybe no seconds. You lose a couple of seconds at the most but you also gain 5-15 yards.
    Agreed I think you need confidence in a kicker to do that…Bass is good at kick offs because he has a strong leg and boots it to the back of the zone maybe they were unsure of his squib game.

The biggest issue was how soft Buffalo was on defense. Kelce changed his route because he knew Buffalo was playing soft and deep. That is inexcusable for the number 1 D in the NFL.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

"So Fla Red"

Yeah, they let Tyreek Hill catch the ball in full stride in a straight line with a convoy of blockers to get 20 yards in 4 seconds. Then Kelce wide open in full stride straight up the field to get 25 yards in 6 seconds.

Great playcalling by the Chiefs and poor defensive alignment by the Bills

Mahomes’ girlfriend response on Twitter to the champagne spraying criticism:

“I just wish I could do what I want without getting attacked every week”.

Between her shenanigans and his brother literally twerking on a dead man’s retired number, acting entitled at KC nightclubs… they really do tarnish his brand quite a bit.

Mahomes’ girlfriend response on Twitter to the champagne spraying criticism:

“I just wish I could do what I want without getting attacked every week”.

Between her shenanigans and his brother literally twerking on a dead man’s retired number, acting entitled at KC nightclubs… they really do tarnish his brand quite a bit.
    I don't even know why folks care about this. If not for this thread I wouldn't even know about this story.

It's funny, my wife doesn't care too much about football (as a Lions fan why would she), but she's recently started rooting against the Chiefs just because she can't stand Mahomes' brother. This guy's dopiness has transcended sports, because it's not like she found about him through reading football blogs. Tarnishing the brand is a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't even know why folks care about this. If not for this thread I wouldn't even know about this story.
    Its dependent upon where/if you frequent media/SM and sports. It's driven by the younger generations where TikTok is a massive part of their lives. If you just watch games on TV and dont do much else you likely wouldnt know them. If you use Twitter or FB or TikTok or any SM platform to discuss or follow sports and sports stories you'd seen plenty of them over the season. Unfortunately Patrick Mahomes star shines bright enough to bring them into the spotlight. The issue is his wife and his brother are not very likeable and continue to thrust themselves into the spotlight. She's been known to be very vocal on SM about games, at times being very critical of officiating and very defensive of the Chiefs/Pat. The brother is honestly 10 times worse in my opinion. Just not a likeable person.

The amazing part of all of it is how Pat manages to somehow avoid being a part of it.

Bottom line is they are both very cringe, very fame hungry, but then want to complain about being viewed negatively. I say, if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen.

15. Likes:

goreds2 (01-25-2022),Tony Cloninger (01-25-2022)

An idea that I heard at another site so this overtime proposal wasn't mine.

-KC Won the toss and scored a td in 8 plays and 75 yards.
    -Buffalo has 8 plays to score or its game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

17. Likes:

goreds2 (01-25-2022)

They really do seem like the worst. I can’t believe Andy Reid allows His brother to pull so much crap on the sidelines.
    Especially because Reid just seems like the kinda old guy who'd be so annoyed by that Tik Tok crap. But they prolly tolerate it to not bother Patrick.

19. Likes:

The Operator (01-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    An idea that I heard at another site so this overtime proposal wasn't mine.

-KC Won the toss and scored a td in 8 plays and 75 yards.
    -Buffalo has 8 plays to score or its game over.
    I'd rather keep as is for regular season. Wouldn't want the college system in the postseason tho, I don't think it's fair to defenses. Guarantee each team one possession with the possibility to win on 2nd or after. Still favors the team that wins toss in a game like KC/Buff, but gives the Bills opportunity to go for 2 and win if they don't think they can stop them.

Brady is retiring:

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-t...193507540.html

Wonder if Arians will follow him.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?