Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Re: 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Non-cable people, you can watch all the games via the NFL app on pretty much any smart device you have. I use an Xbox One and it works great.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hats off to Bills fans at the stadium it has to be about zero degrees there...Hyde with a great INT.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Bengals just won a playoff game and The Buffalo Bills are blowing the doors off of The New England Patriots.

This ain’t the same old NFL right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

5. Likes:

757690 (01-15-2022),oregonred (01-15-2022),Stray (01-15-2022),Wonderful Monds (01-16-2022),Yachtzee (01-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Bengals just won a playoff game and The Buffalo Bills are blowing the doors off of The New England Patriots.

This ain’t the same old NFL right now.
    Must have gotten new scriptwriters.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

When Josh Allen has good games like this nobody is beating the Bills. But he can have stinkers too.

8. Likes:

Chip R (01-18-2022),Revering4Blue (01-16-2022)

The only thing that would have made the Bills win sweeter is if Thommy was still a Patriot.

Is Belichek the GOAT? Or did he just win the lottery with Tom Brady? He has exactly 0 Super Bowls without Brady.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

757690 (01-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Is Belichek the GOAT? Or did he just win the lottery with Tom Brady? He has exactly 0 Super Bowls without Brady.
    Brady makes anyone look great, but Belichick knew what to do with and around him.

I think a handful of coaches could have done that, but only a handful.

Off the top of my head, I'd argue that several former head coaches would have proven equal to or better than Belichick with Brady-- but might have failed at building around him.

Don Shula had his generation's Brady, for example, and was never able to build a consistent Super Bowl contender-- but maybe he's able to do that in today's game. Noll, Lombardi, and Landry may have made Brady work within their system-- Gibbs too. That might have worked.

Some guys, I think, would have been able to both help their QB and build around them, but would have only done it for a little while. (Burnout is real.) Tom Flores would have let Brady go to town and, I suspect, have built a team of malcontents around him. (That's who Belichick's Pats remind me of-- the late 70s and early 80s Raiders.) Madden as well. Neither would have done it for as long. Parcells, Shanahan, and Dungy might also have fallen into that category. Vermeil too. And an underrated choice-- George Seifert.

OTOH, Bill Walsh was able to do it twice. Jimmy Johnson did it in Dallas too. That's about it, IMO.

Belichick belongs with Walsh and Johnson as the top coaches in NFL history, but he doesn't belong at the top alone.

13. Likes:

Todd Gack (01-16-2022)

Brady's numbers were pretty pedestrian that first Super Bowl year. I think it is fair to say that was Belichek's championship. Then you have the other win over the Rams where they held an explosive offense to 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Brady makes anyone look great, but Belichick knew what to do with and around him.

I think a handful of coaches could have done that, but only a handful.

Off the top of my head, I'd argue that several former head coaches would have proven equal to or better than Belichick with Brady-- but might have failed at building around him.

Don Shula had his generation's Brady, for example, and was never able to build a consistent Super Bowl contender-- but maybe he's able to do that in today's game. Noll, Lombardi, and Landry may have made Brady work within their system-- Gibbs too. That might have worked.

Some guys, I think, would have been able to both help their QB and build around them, but would have only done it for a little while. (Burnout is real.) Tom Flores would have let Brady go to town and, I suspect, have built a team of malcontents around him. (That's who Belichick's Pats remind me of-- the late 70s and early 80s Raiders.) Madden as well. Neither would have done it for as long. Parcells, Shanahan, and Dungy might also have fallen into that category. Vermeil too. And an underrated choice-- George Seifert.

OTOH, Bill Walsh was able to do it twice. Jimmy Johnson did it in Dallas too. That's about it, IMO.

Belichick belongs with Walsh and Johnson as the top coaches in NFL history, but he doesn't belong at the top alone.
    It’s just weird to me that Brady goes to Tampa and immediately wins a SB, and is looking in good position to win another this year, and the Pats were terrible in year 1 and got absolutely embarrassed by the Bills in the first round in year 2. I get it, you’re going with the Phil Jackson/Jordan defense, but so far, in his career without Brady (and remember he was a HC before Brady) he has done absolutely nothing.

Let's see what Belichick does with Mac Jones. He did a hell of a lot this year. He's also getting pretty old. Kings Point has pointed this out before, but coaches get old too. Not just players. He does need some talent. Honestly that's not really the head coach's job

Here's a question for the board: were there any guys out for covid this week? What happened to all the positives? I'm guessing that they're only testing those that are symptomatic and nobody's fessing up to having symptoms. The NFL doesn't want postseason games to be impacted by C19 so "all's good".

It’s just weird to me that Brady goes to Tampa and immediately wins a SB, and is looking in good position to win another this year, and the Pats were terrible in year 1 and got absolutely embarrassed by the Bills in the first round in year 2. I get it, you’re going with the Phil Jackson/Jordan defense, but so far, in his career without Brady (and remember he was a HC before Brady) he has done absolutely nothing.
    Bill Walsh did absolutely nothing without Joe Montana at QB.

You might be right.

It's hard to parse player and coach/ GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Let's see what Belichick does with Mac Jones. He did a hell of a lot this year. He's also getting pretty old. Kings Point has pointed this out before, but coaches get old too. Not just players. He does need some talent. Honestly that's not really the head coach's job
    William Stephen Belichick (/ˈbɛlɪtʃɪk, ˈbɛlɪtʃɛk/; born April 16, 1952) is an American professional football coach who is the head coach of the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He exercises extensive authority over the Patriots' football operations, effectively making him the team's general manager as well.
    From his profile on wiki

Turn Off Ads?